Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hillary Clinton: "We Should Abolish the Electoral College..."

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    doogie said:

Why lie about it? Makes no sense.

Use the search feature.... Show me where I supported Hillary one time.... You'll find where I said the email thing was bullshit, it's not treason. But outside of that, she's awful and been awful.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Notice how in every other country the candidate who gets 3 million more votes wins. Crazy right?
    We already have an electoral college anyway. It's called the Senate
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    edited September 2017

Electoral college prevents California and New York from deciding every election.

Wait the states that have the highest population would have the largest say in electing the president? What a crazy idea.

Instead we have a system where in 4/5 of the country your vote doesn't even matter and ohio Virginia Florida and Pennsylvania decide every election
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

AZDuck said:

it would be nice if people rather than acreage decided who runs the country

(yes, I had to edit that. it takes time to be pithy)

I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose - but those people who live in 'the country' don't much like city folks telling them how to manage their lands from behind desks.

well, it isn't like you give a shit what the Federales say on your guns n' religion compound anyway, but both Houses of Congress as constituted favor rural over urban dwellers in terms of voting power, as well as the other unwritten archaic practice that the two rural states of Iowa and New Hampshire have an outsized voice in who gets to be Prez in the first place... so...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,654 Founders Club
    Nixon and Reagan won California rather easily

pre Prop 187. Never again vato

It's almost like politics change over time. Now we need @Sledog to weigh in on how Democrats supported slavery.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club
    edited September 2017

I miss the Grand Old Party damn it.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,221 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2017
    2001400ex said:

It's almost like politics change over time. Now we need @Sledog to weigh in on how Democrats supported slavery.
    Don't have to you did it for me. Oh and the KKK. Including Hillary's mentor who was the Grand Dragon. But ramble on incoherently please.
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Don't have to you did it for me. Oh and the KKK. Including Hillary's mentor who was the Grand Dragon. But ramble on incoherently please.
    Haha.gif
    Tell you what you abolish all government assistance IE: Welfare food stamps etc. and maybe no electoral college could work. But as long as votes are purchased with tax dollars it's a big fat no.
    Never mind it'll always be no!
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    doogie said:

why change the rules now?

Because AZ's team lost.... HELLOOOO!!!!
    2001400ex said:

doogie said:

Hillary's latest pathetic display is more verification why she had no business being on the ballot in the first place. I can only imagine what a debilitating emotional trigger this thread is for you.

Hillary is pathetic. But this is a money grab and at that, she's winning. Yes there are people stupid enough to pay to listen to her shit.
    Pot.kettle
    Sledog said:

Tell you what you abolish all government assistance IE: Welfare food stamps etc. and maybe no electoral college could work. But as long as votes are purchased with tax dollars it's a big fat no.

Cause Republicans aren't bought off? Food stamps are pennies in comparison to corporate welfare.
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Cause Republicans aren't bought off? Food stamps are pennies in comparison to corporate welfare.
    Corporations don't vote. HTH
    dhdawg said:

Electoral college prevents California and New York from deciding every election.

Wait the states that have the highest population would have the largest say in electing the president? What a crazy idea.

Instead we have a system where in 4/5 of the country your vote doesn't even matter and ohio Virginia Florida and Pennsylvania decide every election
    It's because we don't want to have people whose only meaningful life skill is operating their Iphone to make all of the decisions for the people that put food on their table and clothes on their backs.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    I think Hillary would have still lost if elections were decided by popular vote.
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose - but those people who live in 'the country' don't much like city folks telling them how to manage their lands from behind desks.

well, it isn't like you give a shit what the Federales say on your guns n' religion compound anyway, but both Houses of Congress as constituted favor rural over urban dwellers in terms of voting power, as well as the other unwritten archaic practice that the two rural states of Iowa and New Hampshire have an outsized voice in who gets to be Prez in the first place... so...
    Again, you wouldn't be swapping tears and cum with dhdawg if your candidate would have won.
    salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Again, you wouldn't be swapping tears and cum with dhdawg if your candidate would have won.
    check the facts. I was arguing this shit with @MikDabone before Hills even got nominated

I think Hillary would have still lost if elections were decided by popular vote.

Really it's about keeping those 3 to 5 million illegals from voting.