Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OT: What is the most scenic beach you've ever strolled along for perspective?

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

St. John, USVI (RIP)

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    I enjoyed my time on the shores of the Sea of Tranquility.

Was much better than on the Sea of Crises.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    AZDuck said:

Kaihalulu Beach outside Hana on Maui. Red sand. Fantastic snorkeling.

Pros: it's clothing optional
    Cons: it's clothing optional

Holy shit I've been there before. That pic and name triggered a long-lost memory, I must have been 5 or 6. We fed the fish while snorkeling and a chub bit my brother's finger.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Beer Bottle Beach.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    The West Coast kicks the East Coast's ass in almost every conceivable way. Beaches are an exception though. West Coach beaches are by and large shit, and all of you who picked them are fags poor poor fags.

Caribbean Beaches >Gulf US Beaches > Atlantic US Beaches > Pacific US Beaches
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840

The post-apocalyptic beach of Cormac McCarthy's fucked up imagination.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,493 Founders Club
    Tell us more about Pattaya
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    edited September 2017
    AZDuck said:

Koh Tao in Thailand should get more love. Not seedy and full of hookers like Pattaya, not full of eurotrash like Koh Samui (but close enough that you can get there and back pretty easily)

I agree, don't go to Pattaya, but... isn't Koh Tao the island run by one Thai mafia family, which basically framed 2 foreign workers for the rape and death of a foreign tourist? Otherwise, it sounds great.

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/asia/koh-tao-thailand-dark-side-car-crash-murders-mafia-suspicious-deaths-a7824171.html

I think Koh Lanta and the Krabi areas are great. More laid back, awesome beaches, and rock climbing out over the water.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,561 Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

dnc said:

The West Coast kicks the East Coast's ass in almost every conceivable way. Beaches are an exception though. West Coach beaches are by and large shit, and all of you who picked them are fags poor poor fags.

Caribbean Beaches >Gulf US Beaches > Atlantic US Beaches > Pacific US Beaches

disafuckingreee

Texas Gulf Coast, brown murky as fuck water, surf very rare

Louisiana's one beach, gators will eat you

Mississippi, meh with a side of meh, still no surf

Alabama - Dauphin Island's okay, but full of redneck fascists. No surf

Pensacola to Appalachicola - very nice beaches for swimming and such. Lousy surf. Baja Alabama doe. Full of redneck fascists.

Mid-west coast Florida. Decent. Still no surf. Crowded.

SW Florida - Awesome but no surf. We'll see how much erosion they got from Irma

FL Keys = pretty great but pocket-sized beaches. No surf really, except a few isolated places. Great snorkeling and diving. Irma'd.

Miami-Fort Lauderdale = decent beaches, decent surf, murky green water usually. Crowded as fuck. Will give you chlamydia. @Pitchfork51 does work here

Fort Pierce - eh. Nice enough, but no surf most of the time. No snorkeling either.

Melbourne - good surf, but sharky

Daytona - if this is your idea of a good beach enjoy your date night at Applebee's Ditto for Myrtle Beach, but add lifted trucks and Ruby Tuesday.

I could keep working up the Atlantic but why bother. The East coast is low, sandy, and defined by barrier islands and sandbars except for the Florida Keys, which is why they actually have good snorkeling/diving. Also too, the Dry Tortugas. There are also some fantastic coral reefs about 120 miles off the coast of Texas which are far enough out to not be affected by river silt like the Texas coast is. Only problem is that they are a deep dive, so limited time and longer recovery between dives.

Caribbean is awesome but full of douchebags and the ex-slaves who populate the islands rightfully hate you.

California has lots of great beaches and good water clarity and good surf. Crowded more and more, true. Oregon has fantastic beaches but cold water. Washington beaches suck donkey penis. The only good thing about the Washington coast is oysters. Hawaii is world-class and most of the douchebags stay on Maui.

Fuck - this is what Tupac and Biggie got into it over.

Pacific Ocean is cold as fuck. The Throbber does not like excessive shrinkage.

Caribbean for days.

• AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    Been to lots of great beaches, but my favorite is Punta Mita, on the Pacific side.

Picture doesn't do it justice: