Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jon Wilner on UW's soft, flaccid, cupcake, cream puff schedule

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,943 Founders Club
edited August 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board
CHRIST. Yet another pundit goes with the now cliché 11-1 with loss at The Farm. Come on mainstream college football media - do better! Everyone knows we aren't loosing to the Trees this year. They are overrated with a shitty ass and gimpy QB. Shaw gives you no in game advantage, etc, etc. It's 12-0 or 1 mind boggling upset loss to someone we aren't expecting to loose to- e.g., UCLA w/ 4th string QB ( @RaceBannon narrative ) or shitting the bed the in the dessert somehow to an illiterate coaching staff.
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/24/washington-football-projecting-the-season-game-by-game/

And postscriptum to Boobs...

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,698 Founders Club
    Doesn't Wilner suck Duck cock?
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Wow, @Pitchfork51 true??!!?

With 25 blue chips on the roster yielding one conference win? I'm not buying that ASU is this bad. I also think Manny Wilkins is a decent QB (keep in mind my point of reference) as long as he stops hurdling people.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,943 Founders Club
    89ute said:

With 25 blue chips on the roster yielding one conference win? I'm not buying that ASU is this bad. I also think Manny Wilkins is a decent QB (keep in mind my point of reference) as long as he stops hurdling people.

ASU sucks but they do have more BC's on their roster than any of the other shitty teams in the conference, and they have a bye to prepare, and we suck in he desert, blah, blah, blah.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    The conference overall is going to be a lot better. The three high school games before conference play is helpful though.

I see 10-2 for the Doogs.
    Mosster47 said:

The conference overall is going to be a lot better. The three high school games before conference play is helpful though.

I think OSU, UCLA and UO will all be harder outs than last year, but I also think we? are a better team than last year. The way I see it is:

10-2 - 25%
    11- 1 - 50%
    12-0 - 25%

Mosster47 said:

I think OSU, UCLA and UO will all be harder outs than last year, but I also think we? are a better team than last year. The way I see it is:

10-2 - 25%
    11- 1 - 50%
    12-0 - 25%
    I put your 12-0 much higher. If yooze have a loss, it's a WTF loss. Pete built his career at Boise avoiding WTF losses. It would not shock me if Pete has more undefeated seasons than any other coach. (this is a good question by the way)

Pete knows how to run the table against inferior competition.
    89ute said:

Mosster47 said:

10-2 - 25%
    11- 1 - 50%
    12-0 - 25%
    I put your 12-0 much higher. If yooze have a loss, it's a WTF loss. Pete built his career at Boise avoiding WTF losses. It would not shock me if Pete has more undefeated seasons than any other coach. (this is a good question by the way)

Looks like he's only had 3 (conference only) undefeated seasons. Less than I thought, but still.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Petersen
    89ute said:

89ute said:

Mosster47 said:

10-2 - 25%
    11- 1 - 50%
    12-0 - 25%

Looks like he's only had 3 (conference only) undefeated seasons. Less than I thought, but still.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Petersen
    He has as much experience as any coach running the table against shitty competition, but there still were plenty of 1 loss that had let down games against Nevada, SDSU, TCU, etc. But sill, his culture improves the odds of taking care of business against teams you should beat.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Mosster47 said:

10-2 - 25%
    11- 1 - 50%
    12-0 - 25%
    When the fuck did UCLA get a oline? They have the highest ceiling, but they can't protect their QB.
  • Tripper_JohnsonTripper_Johnson Member Posts: 200
    "The Huskies, meanwhile, commit a spate of mental errors."

How many Petersen teams commit a large number of mental errors in one game?
    We going to lose 1-2 games due to kicking
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,698 Founders Club

...and/or Babushka.

Guess we'll have to either be a go for it on 4th down or Jake pooch punt sort of team in 2017.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Jon Wilner is a fag

He is too, you boys

https://youtu.be/-uv_WGEHr4I

Guess we'll have to either be a go for it on 4th down or Jake pooch punt sort of team in 2017.
    Are pooch field goals legal in college football?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    edited August 2017
    89ute said:

Honestly I don't fucking know.

It really comes down to generally recruiting well except the travesty that is our defensive backfield.

Add in being on our 4th string qb by game 5 and Graham meddling on every play on d and you have the disaster that was last year.

Really though last year wasn't the issue. We always knew it would be shit. It was 2015. That team should have won 9 and fucked up bad.

Either we have a good season or we don't and get a new coach.

I can't accept ever losing to fucking colorado, Utah (sorry but fuck you), or u of a.

Ewiwbi
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,335 Swaye's Wigwam

Are pooch field goals legal in college football?
    Yes...legal kick. The ball just has to hit the ground before kicking it.

89ute said:

It really comes down to generally recruiting well except the travesty that is our defensive backfield.

Add in being on our 4th string qb by game 5 and Graham meddling on every play on d and you have the disaster that was last year.

Really though last year wasn't the issue. We always knew it would be shit. It was 2015. That team should have won 9 and fucked up bad.

I can't accept ever losing to fucking colorado, Utah (sorry but fuck you), or u of a.

Ewiwbi
    You shouldn't accept losing to any single digit blue chip count school. Add OSU, Cal and WSU to your list.

I'm surprised Erickson didn't do better than he did. I assume ASU still had double digit BCs then too?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    89ute said:

89ute said:

Ewiwbi
    You shouldn't accept losing to any single digit blue chip count school. Add OSU, Cal and WSU to your list.

I'm surprised Erickson didn't do better than he did. I assume ASU still had double digit BCs then too?
    Where are you getting the bc numbers? I didn't read the article. Or is this a tbs board thing