Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jon Wilner on UW's soft, flaccid, cupcake, cream puff schedule

Comments

• FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

89ute said:

89ute said:

Wow, @Pitchfork51 true??!!?

With 25 blue chips on the roster yielding one conference win? I'm not buying that ASU is this bad. I also think Manny Wilkins is a decent QB (keep in mind my point of reference) as long as he stops hurdling people.

Honestly I don't fucking know.

It really comes down to generally recruiting well except the travesty that is our defensive backfield.

Add in being on our 4th string qb by game 5 and Graham meddling on every play on d and you have the disaster that was last year.

Really though last year wasn't the issue. We always knew it would be shit. It was 2015. That team should have won 9 and fucked up bad.

Either we have a good season or we don't and get a new coach.

I can't accept ever losing to fucking colorado, Utah (sorry but fuck you), or u of a.

Ewiwbi
    You shouldn't accept losing to any single digit blue chip count school. Add OSU, Cal and WSU to your list.

I'm surprised Erickson didn't do better than he did. I assume ASU still had double digit BCs then too?
    Where are you getting the bc numbers? I didn't read the article. Or is this a tbs board thing
    From the most recent TSIO pod:

Active 4*+ on rosters:

WSU: 3
    OSU: 3
    CAL: 6
    Colorado: 6
    Utah: 7
    Arizona: 8
    Oregon: 24
    Arizona State: 25
    UW: 28
    Stanford: 31
    UCLA: 46
    USC: 55

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,943 Founders Club

89ute said:

Mosster47 said:

The conference overall is going to be a lot better. The three high school games before conference play is helpful though.

I see 10-2 for the Doogs.

I think OSU, UCLA and UO will all be harder outs than last year, but I also think we? are a better team than last year. The way I see it is:

10-2 - 25%
    11- 1 - 50%
    12-0 - 25%
    I put your 12-0 much higher. If yooze have a loss, it's a WTF loss. Pete built his career at Boise avoiding WTF losses. It would not shock me if Pete has more undefeated seasons than any other coach. (this is a good question by the way)

Pete knows how to run the table against inferior competition.
    Apologies in advance for injecting some MAFF into the discussion but a 25% chance of going undefeated over a 12 game schedule is extremely high.

UW would basically need to be >95% favorites in every single game.

.96^12=.69

Small probabilities accumulate over 12 games.

Then throw in a couple games where UW is less than 66% to win and it is pretty much impossible to get to 25%.
    Figures. I do history. Maff...not so much.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Disregard my above positing. I apparently suck at math. Someone else can figure it out.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    edited August 2017

89ute said:

89ute said:

With 25 blue chips on the roster yielding one conference win? I'm not buying that ASU is this bad. I also think Manny Wilkins is a decent QB (keep in mind my point of reference) as long as he stops hurdling people.

It really comes down to generally recruiting well except the travesty that is our defensive backfield.

Add in being on our 4th string qb by game 5 and Graham meddling on every play on d and you have the disaster that was last year.

Really though last year wasn't the issue. We always knew it would be shit. It was 2015. That team should have won 9 and fucked up bad.

I can't accept ever losing to fucking colorado, Utah (sorry but fuck you), or u of a.

Ewiwbi
    You shouldn't accept losing to any single digit blue chip count school. Add OSU, Cal and WSU to your list.

I'm surprised Erickson didn't do better than he did. I assume ASU still had double digit BCs then too?
    Where are you getting the bc numbers? I didn't read the article. Or is this a tbs board thing

Active 4*+ on rosters:

Ah thanks

I just don't care about oregon state or wsu because they aren't in my division

Cal is just stupid. Too high.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    edited August 2017

CHRIST. Yet another pundit goes with the now cliché 11-1 with loss at The Farm. Come on mainstream college football media - do better! Everyone knows we aren't loosing to the Trees this year. They are overrated with a shitty ass and gimpy QB. Shaw gives you no in game advantage, etc, etc. It's 12-0 or 1 mind boggling upset loss to someone we aren't expecting to loose to- e.g., UCLA w/ 4th string QB ( @RaceBannon narrative ) or shitting the bed the in the dessert somehow to an illiterate coaching staff.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/24/washington-football-projecting-the-season-game-by-game/

And postscriptum to Boobs...

Ummm... This post wreaks of you stuck back in the time when both UW and WSU blew Stanford out last Season. After that they went 6-0 and played normal Stanford football. Nothing spectacular, they just didn't lose after they found the QB who should have started all of last Season.. Kind of like the USC did. You guys can win that game and even be favored, but to auto chalk that in the win column tells me you med to spend more tim on Football and less on shitty pole poasting.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

89ute said:

89ute said:

Ewiwbi

Active 4*+ on rosters:

Sans OSU and Cal the bottom of the 4 star bucket finished better than everyone else but SC and UW in the conference.

But how are star ratings a useless predictor of success????

edited August 2017
    salemcoog said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

Ewiwbi

Active 4*+ on rosters:

Sans OSU and Cal the bottom of the 4 star bucket finished better than everyone else but SC and UW in the conference.

But how are star ratings a useless predictor of success????

True that on the bottom run schools. And for that matter neither of the top 2 talent schools have won the conference since 2008. But that talent spread between Oregon, Stanford and UW by (useless) star ratings and the non conference winning bottom feeders has still be significant. And no school as gotten anywhere near winning a natty in the past 20 years without having consistently elite recruiting rankings save for Climpson (i.e., only 40 BC's on their 2016 roster).
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

salemcoog said:

CHRIST. Yet another pundit goes with the now cliché 11-1 with loss at The Farm. Come on mainstream college football media - do better! Everyone knows we aren't loosing to the Trees this year. They are overrated with a shitty ass and gimpy QB. Shaw gives you no in game advantage, etc, etc. It's 12-0 or 1 mind boggling upset loss to someone we aren't expecting to loose to- e.g., UCLA w/ 4th string QB ( @RaceBannon narrative ) or shitting the bed the in the dessert somehow to an illiterate coaching staff.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/24/washington-football-projecting-the-season-game-by-game/

And postscriptum to Boobs...

Ummm... This post wreaks of you stuck back in the time when both UW and WSU blew Stanford out last Season. After that they went 6-0 and played normal Stanford football. Nothing spectacular, they just didn't lose after they found the QB who should have started all of last Season.. Kind of like the USC did. You guys can win that game and even be favored, but to auto chalk that in the win column tells me you med to spend more tim on Football and less on shitty pole poasting.
    The fuck are you talking about? They lost to CU 2 weeks after loss to the Kewgs. Then then went on a hum, hum run that Sark would have gone 5-1 or 6-0 against. Big fucking deal. They are overrated. Sure, we could blow that one, but I think our loss/es are more likely elsewhere.
    This was the dreck they beat:

Arizona
    Oregon State
    Oregon
    Cal
    Rice
    North Carolina
    edited August 2017
    tenndawg said:

Whiskey swilling anti-Confederte historians and bumbling mathematicians- pay close attention

Here's my odds:

12-0 37%
    11-1 44.3%
    10-2. 5.1 %

Total Record: 33-3
    Total Percent: 86.4%

33-3 =30

30 X 86.4 = 2592

2592 is the correct answer

Christ you're worse than me at Maff. You best stick to wearing a cheap seer suckersucker suit, defending pederasts in non air conditioned, backwoods Appalachia court rooms.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,335 Swaye's Wigwam
    How the hell does this thread have 34 responses.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    HuskyJW said:

Because you touch yourself while watching Marcus Mariota videos
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    salemcooger just stopped by to fag out the thread.

Success.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,574
    UW is -1 over Furd at the Westgate right now if you are into free money handouts. I hit that hard last weekend.

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,335 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

Because you touch yourself while watching Marcus Mariota videos
    Whoa.....Is the camera on my laptop turned on??
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

89ute said:

Mosster47 said:

The conference overall is going to be a lot better. The three high school games before conference play is helpful though.

I see 10-2 for the Doogs.

I think OSU, UCLA and UO will all be harder outs than last year, but I also think we? are a better team than last year. The way I see it is:

10-2 - 25%
    11- 1 - 50%
    12-0 - 25%
    I put your 12-0 much higher. If yooze have a loss, it's a WTF loss. Pete built his career at Boise avoiding WTF losses. It would not shock me if Pete has more undefeated seasons than any other coach. (this is a good question by the way)

Pete knows how to run the table against inferior competition.
    A WTF loss like Boise's shit kicker shitting the bed against Reno? How's Vizcaino looking?
    Kicker shit the bed for sure, but I don't think I'd call that a WTF loss. That was Kappy senior year, they had two good RBs and a better-than-it-should-have-been defense. BSU have ever chance to win but it just a great football game. WTF was Nevada losing to Hawaii or some shit that year.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Yeah that Nevada team was good and Kaep was playing out of his mind and it still took massive multiple choke jobs by kicker to lose