Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A brief history of the only successful nation building exercises in US History

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Sledog said:

If you nation build in the middle east those backward fucks will just tear it back down to the rock and mud level. But you can bomb them up to the stone age!

I know you are being sarcastic. But the middle East is dry as fuck. There's not much mud there.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club
    edited August 2017
    AZDuck said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

If you nation build in the middle east those backward fucks will just tear it back down to the rock and mud level. But you can bomb them up to the stone age!

I know you are being sarcastic. But the middle East is dry as fuck. There's not much mud there.
    Disagree

"Mesopotamia"
    So how do they dry out the mud bricks if it's not hot as camel balls and dry as fuck smart guy?

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,642 Founders Club
    The Euphrates and the Tigris are the cradle of civilization
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

So location, tradition, and money?

No, that answer is always privilege, privilege, privilege.
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Things change, it's a fluid situation, so if you can't handle the ups and downs of real climate change you may want to find a dumpster at the Chevron.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

AZDuck said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Disagree

"Mesopotamia"
    So how do they dry out the mud bricks if it's not hot as camel balls and dry as fuck smart guy?

where do they get mud from tall guy?

So you're saying we should feel even less sorry for the Mesopotanians given that they got a head start of thousands of years on all the other tribes? Shit they should have flying cars by now in like a Jetsons type of Babylon.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,642 Founders Club

So you're saying we should feel even less sorry for the Mesopotanians given that they got a head start of thousands of years on all the other tribes? Shit they should have flying cars by now in like a Jetsons type of Babylon.
    The DDY theory states that they should have been protestants
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    Talk about an aids riddled thread
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    AZDuck said:

Absofuckinglutely. My FOB in Iraq was in the Diyala river valley (a tributary of the Tigris) and the towns that were nearby (Khalis, Baqubah, Muqtadiyah) are some of the oldest towns on the planet.

Every time it rained the place smelled like actual shit. Not just the FOB, but everywhere around, for miles. It occurred to me that these fuckwits have been shitting on the river bank for over 6000 years, with no indoor plumbing or sewage treatment in sight (either then, now, or anytime in the future). The dark color of the mud caused me to realize that the entire place was built on and of shit.

Don't even get me started on Iraqi barbecue, where the main delicacy is the bottom-feeding giant carp that swim in the local rivers.

TL, DR: fuck those guys
    My wife, whose looks are much more useful than her brain has the same opinion on the Swayes. They were here for thousands of years and they never got past the hunter/gatherer, living near an open water source stage.

Had they been a little more advanced we probably wouldn't have had to break Rule #1 of HH. You can't build a civilization the world will envy if a part of the citizens shit on the floor.
    Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Absofuckinglutely. My FOB in Iraq was in the Diyala river valley (a tributary of the Tigris) and the towns that were nearby (Khalis, Baqubah, Muqtadiyah) are some of the oldest towns on the planet.

Every time it rained the place smelled like actual shit. Not just the FOB, but everywhere around, for miles. It occurred to me that these fuckwits have been shitting on the river bank for over 6000 years, with no indoor plumbing or sewage treatment in sight (either then, now, or anytime in the future). The dark color of the mud caused me to realize that the entire place was built on and of shit.

Don't even get me started on Iraqi barbecue, where the main delicacy is the bottom-feeding giant carp that swim in the local rivers.

My wife, whose looks are much more useful than her brain has the same opinion on the Swayes. They were here for thousands of years and they never got past the hunter/gatherer, living near an open water source stage.

Had they been a little more advanced we probably wouldn't have had to break Rule #1 of HH. You can't build a civilization the world will envy if a part of the citizens shit on the floor.
    I feel we are more like monkeys throwing shit at each other here at HH as opposed to floor shitters.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,216 Standard Supporter
    We only successfully nation build when we have killed them until they don't want to be killed anymore. Bombed the place flat and then dictated the unconditional terms. Has our country become so soft we can't wage a proper war anymore?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Ykw

Sledog said:

We only successfully nation build when we have killed them until they don't want to be killed anymore. Bombed the place flat and then dictated the unconditional terms. Has our country become so soft we can't wage a proper war anymore?

Simple: We haven't fought an existential threat type of war against a elite opponent in 7 plus decades. Everything since has been war for more abstract reasons with limited aims, and (necessary) political considerations. Doesn't have anything to do with being soft. The war plan for the USSR wouldn't have been soft and limited.
    Disagree.

We can't even train sailors how to avoid a floating skyscraper. While the USSR engages in real training like in how to efficiently kill people. Our forces play grabass during gender sensitivity training.
    salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

Simple: We haven't fought an existential threat type of war against a elite opponent in 7 plus decades. Everything since has been war for more abstract reasons with limited aims, and (necessary) political considerations. Doesn't have anything to do with being soft. The war plan for the USSR wouldn't have been soft and limited.
    Disagree.

We can't even train sailors how to avoid a floating skyscraper. While the USSR Russian Empire engages in real training like in how to efficiently kill people. Our forces play grabass during gender sensitivity training.
    Fixed.

Our Navy ships have been crashing into shit for hundreds of years; this is no big deal. While it's true Russia has some kick ass artillery and SAM systems and what not, we still by far have the most lethal fighting force in the world.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

Disagree.

We can't even train sailors how to avoid a floating skyscraper. While the USSR engages in real training like in how to efficiently kill people. Our forces play grabass during gender sensitivity training.
    The USSR?