Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

That place is a dump

Comments

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,900 Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

Plagarisms. Shit. Fucko.

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Swaye said:

I've been in the White House. Nothing special.

Me too. Like the Senate floor, it all just seems smaller in person.

As for something special, every so often I used to walk down from the GW campus (and later from my office at 18th and K) down to the Lincoln Memorial. The words carved in the marble inspired me. Still do. Special.
    Lincoln was the single greatest resident of that dump of a house.
    If you're interested in a good read, try Lincoln's Sword, a book dedicated to deconstructing the craftsmanship he used in putting together speeches and proclamations. A far cry from the current Twitter shitshow, to be sure.

Since you have the biggest brain on this hear board ...

Amazon.com > Used - Very Good > $0.26 > Book Report due, 1 month

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    edited August 2017

2001400ex said:

I'm flying there tomorrow. Never been, but my sister lived there so she planned our entire itinerary. Of which I haven't looked at yet but we are going to see the dump.

In all seriousness the space museum is dope and if you want to check out the Holocaust museum you need tickets so check that out.
    Please stop saying dope. I'm still in recovery.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    edited August 2017

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

The entire National Mall is pretty amazing.

Spy museum is dope.

I now have a mission to collect all the bond watches.

But all joking aside....they really did a hell of a job with the WW2 memorial.

Everyone should see it.
    I agree. It's my favorite part of everything. My grandpa was a belly gunner on a B-17 and one of the air raids he was in is on the Europe side.

WW2 is by far our greatest accomplishment as a country.
    Disagree. Preserving the Union was by far our greatest accomplishment as a country.
    It wouldn't be much of a Union now though should the last real men not stepped up and beat back Japan and the Axis powers now would it? Of course the resident Antifa members probably wish that we didn't.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Spy museum is dope.

Everyone should see it.
    I agree. It's my favorite part of everything. My grandpa was a belly gunner on a B-17 and one of the air raids he was in is on the Europe side.

Disagree. Preserving the Union was by far our greatest accomplishment as a country.
    And the post-war Amendments. The only time we've ever had a program of meaningful Constitutional reform in over 230 years.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Spy museum is dope.

Everyone should see it.

Depends on how you define accomplishment. In terms of what was more important, preserving the union >>>>> anything else. In terms of what was more difficult, WWII >>>>>>>> anything else.

The Norf were pretty massive favorites. One could argue taking four years to preserve said union was a pretty massive fuckup on the part of the union.
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Spy museum is dope.

Everyone should see it.

Depends on how you define accomplishment. In terms of what was more important, preserving the union >>>>> anything else. In terms of what was more difficult, WWII >>>>>>>> anything else.

The Norf were pretty massive favorites. One could argue taking four years to preserve said union was a pretty massive fuckup on the part of the union.
    Also disagree. 1860's warfare armies still had to walk and technology greatly favored defending forces. The Confederacy was roughly the size of Western Europe.

The US was not an industrialized nation yet. So the country had to go from an army of 16,000 to mobilize an army of over 1,000,000. As an aside, most of the better generals happened to be from the South.

There was also a political aspect. The Norf couldn't just get its ass-kicker on, because it had to be mindful of the wavering loyalty of non-Confederate slave states like Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware. In particular Maryland, because its secession (which almost happened) would have cut DC off from the rest of the Norf.

<- native Texan Duck, but proud Unionist (along with Sam Houston)
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club
    We can all agree on the sacrifices made by the WWII generation but they pale in comparison with what the North had to do to compel the South to give up. The percentage of fighting age males killed in the Civil War was far greater than WWII and the only way for the North to prevail was to bleed the CSA to death, which meant sacrificing a shit ton of boys in Blue.

In WWII we were Yuge favorites over Japan and the Soviets killed about 9 out of 10 German soldiers.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    AZDuck said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Spy museum is dope.

Everyone should see it.

Also disagree. 1860's warfare armies still had to walk and technology greatly favored defending forces. The Confederacy was roughly the size of Western Europe.

The US was not an industrialized nation yet. So the country had to go from an army of 16,000 to mobilize an army of over 1,000,000. As an aside, most of the better generals happened to be from the South.

There was also a political aspect. The Norf couldn't just get its ass-kicker on, because it had to be mindful of the wavering loyalty of non-Confederate slave states like Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, and Delaware. In particular Maryland, because its secession (which almost happened) would have cut DC off from the rest of the Norf.

<- native Texan Duck, but proud Unionist (along with Sam Houston)</p>
    Not exactly.

http://www.granburyisd.org/cms/lib/TX01000552/Centricity/Domain/287/Fact_Sheet_U8_Union_and_Confederate_Resources.pdf
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

We can all agree on the sacrifices made by the WWII generation but they pale in comparison with what the North had to do to compel the South to give up. The percentage of fighting age males killed in the Civil War was far greater than WWII and the only way for the North to prevail was to bleed the CSA to death, which meant sacrificing a shit ton of boys in Blue.

In WWII we were Yuge favorites over Japan and the Soviets killed about 9 out of 10 German soldiers.

Except that more soldiers were killed by disease in the Civil War than muskets and swords. But a lot of kids died all the same.
    doogie said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Spy museum is dope.

Everyone should see it.

<- native Texan Duck, but proud Unionist (along with Sam Houston)</p>
    Not exactly.

http://www.granburyisd.org/cms/lib/TX01000552/Centricity/Domain/287/Fact_Sheet_U8_Union_and_Confederate_Resources.pdf
    Not sure how this contradicts anything I said, but thanks
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,455 Founders Club
    I'm against war
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    salemcoog said:

Except that more soldiers were killed by disease in the Civil War than muskets and swords. But a lot of kids died all the same.
    This is true.

I mean WW2 was more impressive as we weren't ready to fight at all when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. We basically had to unite as a nation, train an enormous ground, sea, and air fighting force along with building all of the equipment they needed to fight the mechanized war required in Germany and the naval war with Japan. We did all of this in a very short time, then set off to fight a two front war across separate oceans. Then you throw in the upgrades in weaponry we made in those years along with making atomic matter a weapon.

Sure, Japan is the size of California and the Germans were fucked once winter hit and Stalingrad held. People forget we had to beat Finland to win the gold medal.

An interesting adage, Finland supported the Nazi's and actually used the swastika during WW2. Of course this didn't end well as Sweden wasn't a Nazi sympathizer and they border with Russia. When we went there last year to fly with their air force in Kuopio we were the first Ally power to do anything with them since before WW2. They still hate Russia, Russia hates them, we hate Russia. It all worked out.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Funny, everyone knew Hondo was lying when he posted this propaganda thread to begin with.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/03/trump-love-white-house-did-not-call-dump/

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,942
    doogie said:

Funny, everyone knew Hondo was lying when he posted this propaganda thread to begin with.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/03/trump-love-white-house-did-not-call-dump/

Super glad we got that cleared up.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club

I'm against war

I thought you hated John Lennon and now you want to give peace a chance @RaceBannon
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I'm against war but I support the troops

crisped