Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

That place is a dump

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Swaye said:

I've been in the White House. Nothing special.

Me too. Like the Senate floor, it all just seems smaller in person.

As for something special, every so often I used to walk down from the GW campus (and later from my office at 18th and K) down to the Lincoln Memorial. The words carved in the marble inspired me. Still do. Special.
    Lincoln was the single greatest resident of that dump of a house.
    If you're interested in a good read, try Lincoln's Sword, a book dedicated to deconstructing the craftsmanship he used in putting together speeches and proclamations. A far cry from the current Twitter shitshow, to be sure.
    Will have to check that one out. One of my first posts here last year was about Petersen being in the middle of Team of Rivals, a far cry from the reading comprehension level of his predecessor or the current boob in the WH.

I don't believe in deities, but post the Revolution, Lincoln is the closest thing to divine providence in our nation's history. We could really use another one...
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    The entire National Mall is pretty amazing.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    edited August 2017
    Mosster47 said:

Spy museum is dope.

I now have a mission to collect all the bond watches.

But all joking aside....they really did a hell of a job with the WW2 memorial.

Everyone should see it.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    I'm flying there tomorrow. Never been, but my sister lived there so she planned our entire itinerary. Of which I haven't looked at yet but we are going to see the dump.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Spy museum is dope.

Everyone should see it.
    I agree. It's my favorite part of everything. My grandpa was a belly gunner on a B-17 and one of the air raids he was in is on the Europe side.

WW2 is by far our greatest accomplishment as a country.
    My GPa was one on the top of the Idaho Lassie in the Euro theatre. I actually found a log of their missions online. Cool shit.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

salemcoog said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Spy museum is dope.

Everyone should see it.
    I agree. It's my favorite part of everything. My grandpa was a belly gunner on a B-17 and one of the air raids he was in is on the Europe side.

My GPa was one on the top of the Idaho Lassie in the Euro theatre. I actually found a log of their missions online. Cool shit.
    I hate to break it to you. Idaho Lassie was a whore from Wallace/Kellogg.
    Maltby FRANNY > Idaho Lassie
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    Salem's g pa was one on the top of the Idaho lassie.
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Spy museum is dope.

Everyone should see it.

My grandpa is just too frail to go according to my family. I told them fuck it were going.

He needs to see it. It's super dope.
    2001400ex said:

I'm flying there tomorrow. Never been, but my sister lived there so she planned our entire itinerary. Of which I haven't looked at yet but we are going to see the dump.

In all seriousness the space museum is dope and if you want to check out the Holocaust museum you need tickets so check that out.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

In all seriousness the space museum is dope and if you want to check out the Holocaust museum you need tickets so check that out.
    Yeah we are doing the Holocaust museum. Part of the Smithsonian. No clue on space museum.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

Salem's g pa was one on the top of the Idaho lassie.

salemcoog said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Spy museum is dope.

Everyone should see it.

I hate to break it to you. Idaho Lassie was a whore from Wallace/Kellogg.
    Damnit GPa! I should have known it was code for a trip to Wallace ID.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
    US Mint (Bureau of Engraving and Printing) has a pretty cool little tour, and my kids loved the Newseum when they went for their 8th-grade trips. I've always liked the Navy Museum, but it's in a sketchy part of town (Green Line!).

3:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T1RMuoQnKo