Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Nathan Kalepo, 2019 4* OL, Seattle (Rainier Beach), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    BallzDeep said:

Hi Nathan. I know you'll read this. You are quickly losing your status as the Husky nation fan favorite recruit in this class. You're either a Dawg or you're not. Ain't no in-between. Best decide for yourself what you are soon before Coach Pete decides for you because you won't like his decision. Nut up son!

Jesus ...
  • HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

recruiting isn't that serious.

Now you've done it. Mods?
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

aids is strong in this every thread

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,102
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AIRWOLF said:

aids is strong in this every thread

TSIO Come for the hot teen boi action. Stay for the aids.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Hey guys, wait.

Why is what @BallzDeep said incorrect?

Kalepo is beating the drum for us and we all fell in love, right?

Now he's checking out the Bull to our Cuck and we aren't supposed to get at the least annoyed?!?

I'm sorry but loyalty means alot to me and idk how he's supposed to be the leader of recruiting for '19 when he suddenly stops bleeding purple.

If any of u lame ass pussies like DDY, Coker, or the now disgraced Teq wanna tell me to fuck off then let me be the first to say, NO FUCK OFF U!?!

Some of this makes sense but your delivery is a bit rusty
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2018
    I don't think it's really a big deal if he were to leave. He would fill a spot on SC's depth chart, and we can put extra effort into someone else. It's not like he's the best OL who has been offered. Cameron Davis visited SC this past weekend too, which was three days after he said that he wasn't going to take anymore visits. SC wants him to visit again soon. Although I'd prefer Davis stays, it's not a sure thing that ANYBODY stays committed. People (especially kids) have short attention spans. Everyone should know that.

All of these sites with "experts" who make predictions are like the outside talk that drives the stock market. Future expectations and current events drive decision-making. A kid visits a school, and people start to assume he's going to that school because he said nice things about the program and staff. The fans mourn and write the commit off because they are sure he's leaving (i.e. Black Monday). Before we know it, Dr. Ruth offers her left tit and gives us the inside scoop on why he's 110% committed (i.e. 10% return on equity). A knee-jerk reaction is much lower than what it should be. Unless the letter of intent is signed, then what is said on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt. However, a verbal commitment in the fall is a different story.

This past recruiting class should not be set as a benchmark. Having only one guy decommit (Nick Bolton) three months before all 19 commits sign on the first signing day will most likely be counted as an outlier.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Was elord 1-820 taken?

Kill yourself.

You should see my reply to his first post
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

elord821 said:

I don't think it's really a big deal if he were to leave. He would fill a spot on SC's depth chart, and we can put extra effort into someone else. It's not like he's the best OL who has been offered. Cameron Davis visited SC this past weekend too, which was three days after he said that he wasn't going to take anymore visits. SC wants him to visit again soon. Although I'd prefer Davis stays, it's not a sure thing that ANYBODY stays committed. People (especially kids) have short attention spans. Everyone should know that.

All of these sites with "experts" who make predictions are like the outside talk that drives the stock market. Future expectations and current events drive decision-making. A kid visits a school, and people start to assume he's going to that school because he said nice things about the program and staff. The fans mourn and write the commit off because they are sure he's leaving (i.e. Black Monday). Before we know it, Dr. Ruth offers her left tit and gives us the inside scoop on why he's 110% committed (i.e. 10% return on equity). A knee-jerk reaction is much lower than what it should be. Unless the letter of intent is signed, then what is said on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt. However, a verbal commitment in the fall is a different story.

This past recruiting class should not be set as a benchmark. Having only one guy decommit (Nick Bolton) three months before all 19 commits sign on the first signing day will most likely be counted as an outlier.

By the numbers Pete has had 4 decommits in 4 classes. So That would factually be 1 per class or not the outlier by maff.
    5 classes***, 4 decommits

2014/15/16/17/18

Jalen Greene, Wedington, Marlon, and Nick Bolton
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

elord821 said:

By the numbers Pete has had 4 decommits in 4 classes. So That would factually be 1 per class or not the outlier by maff.
    5 classes***, 4 decommits

2014/15/16/17/18

Jalen Greene, Wedington, Marlon, and Nick Bolton
    Why do you hate Phil Longo?
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    BallzDeep said:

BallzDeep said:

Hi Nathan. I know you'll read this. You are quickly losing your status as the Husky nation fan favorite recruit in this class. You're either a Dawg or you're not. Ain't no in-between. Best decide for yourself what you are soon before Coach Pete decides for you because you won't like his decision. Nut up son!

This will continue to be posted until it gets twenty Chins and zero WTF's, Down Votes, or Flags. Those are the terms.
    You are so ridiculous, I question whether you are even a real person.

• By the numbers Pete has had 4 decommits in 4 classes. So That would factually be 1 per class or not the outlier by maff.

I should've said "...having only one guy decommit (Nick Bolton) three months before, and all 19 commits....". I know that part is not rare for UW, but it is much worse for the large majority of teams. I was outlining why the entire recruiting year as a whole was very successful in terms of securing the class. I'm also referring to the new earIy signing day format going forward.

The likelihood of all 19 commits signing on the first day (and how only one recruit decommited throughout the entire year) when players now have a window for second thoughts is going to be small going forward in my opinion. There weren't very many teams who weren't trying to make up for decommitments and had to pay attention to only one prospect (Martin) on the final signing day.

A 17 year-old kid changing his mind early is nothing to freak out about. The way the 2018 class went is a very high standard, and it shouldn't be expected in the following year(s).