Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,682
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2017
    That's because Obozo care really is just catastrophic insurance. They punish you severely if you use it. Of course after Britain's courts ruled Charlie Guard belongs to the state and not his parents we can see how special government run socialized medicine really is. Death panels coming son to your neighborhood.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I just started this thred so that when the Senate finally gets around to voting on something, we can see what it is.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,682
    AZDuck said:

I just started this thred so that when the Senate finally gets around to voting on something, we can see what it is.

Secrets are good remember?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,202
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Senate actions[edit]
    The Affordable Health Care for America Act, H.R. 3962, as engrossed or passed by the House of Representatives, was received in the Senate, read into the record and placed on the Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders (Calendar No. 210, Nov. 16, 2009).

H.R. 3962 as eventually enacted[edit]
    A different bill, under the same bill number H.R. 3962, was eventually passed by Congress and, on June 25, 2010, was signed by the President. This is the "Preservation of Access to Care for Medicare Beneficiaries and Pension Relief Act of 2010."[29]

That would be June of next year to beat the pace of the Dems on Obamacare when they had 60 votes and told the GOP to fuck off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

The ACA made it out of committee in the House of Representatives in July 2009, after a month-long markup and 160 Republican amendments. The House didn’t vote on it until November 7th.

In 2010, the Senate health committee spent nearly 60 hours over the course of 13 days marking up the legislation that would become the ACA.

The Senate Finance Committee held 53 meetings about the ACA and an eight-day markup of the bill, which was the longest markup for the committee in over 20 years. The committee considered 130 amendments and held 79 roll-call votes.

There were 44 hearings and public events about the plan in the Senate alone.
    http://fortune.com/2017/06/27/ahca-less-public-debate-than-aca/

As opposed to zero days in committee and zero public hearings while the Senate tries to shoehorn something into reconciliation because they're not even sure if they can muster 50 votes, let alone 60.

It's only 1/8 of the economy, what could possibly go wrong?

We know what can go wrong

Obamacare
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

The ACA made it out of committee in the House of Representatives in July 2009, after a month-long markup and 160 Republican amendments. The House didn’t vote on it until November 7th.

In 2010, the Senate health committee spent nearly 60 hours over the course of 13 days marking up the legislation that would become the ACA.

The Senate Finance Committee held 53 meetings about the ACA and an eight-day markup of the bill, which was the longest markup for the committee in over 20 years. The committee considered 130 amendments and held 79 roll-call votes.

As opposed to zero days in committee and zero public hearings while the Senate tries to shoehorn something into reconciliation because they're not even sure if they can muster 50 votes, let alone 60.

Obamacare
    So a process that yielded a flawed product (Obummercare) after over a year of deliberation and public hearings as well as numerous amendments from both sides of the aisle is, ipso facto, worse than six dudes meeting in private and various members of the Senate slapping on amendments that may or may not be incorporated into the final product, as Mitch McConnell and the conference committee see fit (Troompcare)

The GOP bill in is progress. The massive piece of shit known as Obamacare is one of the road blocks. You guys are whining about what has happened after 6 months. I'm pointing out is was well over a year for Obama to get that piece of shit with everything in his favor

There was no both sides of the aisle on Obamacare and the dems are sitting this one out. Obama told the GOP to pound sand because he had enough democrats

Let's not rewrite history
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Obamacare
    So a process that yielded a flawed product (Obummercare) after over a year of deliberation and public hearings as well as numerous amendments from both sides of the aisle is, ipso facto, worse than six dudes meeting in private and various members of the Senate slapping on amendments that may or may not be incorporated into the final product, as Mitch McConnell and the conference committee see fit (Troompcare)

The GOP bill in is progress. The massive piece of shit known as Obamacare is one of the road blocks. You guys are whining about what has happened after 6 months. I'm pointing out is was well over a year for Obama to get that piece of shit with everything in his favor

There was no both sides of the aisle on Obamacare and the dems are sitting this one out. Obama told the GOP to pound sand because he had enough democrats

Let's not rewrite history
    He held a summit on health care.
    It was clear then and it's clear now the Two parties are so far apart that it's not even worth trying to be bipartisan anymore. Out of all of the absolutely dreadful aspects of this death bill the lack of democratic support is very low on that list
  • Options
    Let's not rewrite current events:

Neither the House Dems nor the Senate Dems were so much as invited to share their views on what should be done.

Contra 2009:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/18/obama-reaches-republicans-health-care-bipartisan-looking-unlikely.html
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I really hate when @RaceBannon doesn't quote shit properly.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Sledog said:

That's because Obozo care really is just catastrophic insurance. They punish you severely if you use it. Of course after Britain's courts ruled Charlie Guard belongs to the state and not his parents we can see how special government run socialized medicine really is. Death panels coming son to your neighborhood.

You make it sound like death panels are a bad thing.
  • Options
    LOL yes, Charlie Gard is totes the way socialized medicine is, that's why it was on the front page of every paper in Britain
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited July 2017
    In all seriousness...it really would be nice to get some decent insurance system.

I mean fuck. I had to go get some shit taken care of for the first time in like 12 years and had no fucking clue where to go or what to do.

And I supposedly have great insurance.

Still got like 10 bills that I haven't paid because I don't get how it works

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just paid three bills at 50 cents on the dollar because I don't have insurance
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,756
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I just paid three bills at 50 cents on the dollar because I don't have insurance

Telling.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    pawz said:

Telling.
    Riveting.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

In all seriousness...it really would be nice to get some decent insurance system.

I mean fuck. I had to go get some shit taken care of for the first time in like 12 years and had no fucking clue where to go or what to do.

And I supposedly have great insurance.

Still got like 10 bills that I haven't paid because I don't get how it works

Not every insurance company pays for gender reassignment surgery. They are still working on the logistics.