Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Justus Legg, 3* 2019 BUCK, Auburn (Riverside?), WA

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    dawgs206 said:

Initial ranking as a Sophomore was 4-stars. Sometimes when UW doesn't offer a highly rated in-state kid, they kinda know what they're doing. Consider that the next time anybody wants to bitch about Gee Scott never being offered.

Yep, I remember when Ohio State took a commit from Justus Legg. Dark times around here.

(I'm not crying over Scott but this is a really awful example.)
    Ohio State also offered Ty Jones and he's not exactly lighting it up. With all the talent they get, OSU is not putting receivers in the league like they should. Their talent evaluations at that position are not good. All their receivers in the Rose Bowl were like 6'0 or 6'1 and none were nationally big name guys that stand out as elite players. Admittedly, Gee is not as overrated as Legg was but he's still overrated. It's whatever.
    When you spout off this bullshit I can't tell if you don't know what you are talking about or you are lying and hoping that nobody else knows what they are talking about.

Parris Campbell is going to be a 1st or 2nd round pick this year. KJ Hill is coming back for his Senior Year to try to get into the 1st round next year. Not putting receivers into the league? Parris will be the seventh WR drafted out of OSU in 5 years.

2017: Curtis Samuel- 2nd
    Noah Brown- 7th

2016: Michael Thomas- 2nd
    Braxton Miller- 3rd

2015: Devin Smith- 2nd
    Evan Spencer- 6th
    Michael Thomas is one of the 5 best receivers in the NFL
    Lol no he's not.
    Bump.

Psshhh. That's all Drew Brees and Sean Peyton. A lot of guys have one hit wonder seasons early in their careers and then fall off. I'm not at all impressed with Ohio State WR's based on their recruiting success. They are under performing at that position.
    *One hit wonder*

He plays with Drew Brees. So they got one guy that's good? Go ahead and do an analysis of all the receivers Ohio State has recruited over the past decade and see if they have underachieved or overachieved based on their rankings. Then get back to me. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. You're proving nothing here.
    I claimed Thomas is a top 5 receiver.

You said "LOL he's not".

I've proved exactly what I was trying to prove.

hth
    He still not top-5, I'd prefer

Julio Jones
    Odell Beckham Jr
    Antonio Brown
    T.Y. Hilton
    Tyler Lockett

Over him.
    LOL, you can never take an L. Tyler Lockett and TY are comical.

If you add up Odell's stats from 2017 and 2018 he still has less yards, catches, and only one more TD than Thomas had this year. Odell has played more than 12 games 2 out of 5 years. If you are trying to make it somewhat of an argument at least throw in DeAndre Hopkins and Devante Adams.

Thomas is likely 3rd or 4th behind Julio, Hopkins, and maybe Brown this year. Odell is probably 5th. If they all hit free agency right now Hopkins and Thomas would be the highest paid.
    Russell Wilson had a perfect passer rating when throwing to Tyler Lockett. Wilson had the least pass attempts of his career.If the Seahawks had more of a pass oriented offense like the Saints do, Lockett would have led the league is receiving. Plus, what he can do as a return man makes him far more valuable than Thomas. He's a game changer as a return man.

Odell has been playing with trash ass Eli Manning his whole career. Give him Drew Brees to work with and he's put up way bigger numbers.

I like TY Hilton. He's explosive and a baller.

You're right Deandre Hopkins is for sure in the top-5 ahead of Thomas. Forgot about him. He might be the second best WR in the league.

Thomas ain't top-5. He's the product of Drew Brees and a pass happy offense.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Initial ranking as a Sophomore was 4-stars. Sometimes when UW doesn't offer a highly rated in-state kid, they kinda know what they're doing. Consider that the next time anybody wants to bitch about Gee Scott never being offered.

Yep, I remember when Ohio State took a commit from Justus Legg. Dark times around here.

Ohio State also offered Ty Jones and he's not exactly lighting it up. With all the talent they get, OSU is not putting receivers in the league like they should. Their talent evaluations at that position are not good. All their receivers in the Rose Bowl were like 6'0 or 6'1 and none were nationally big name guys that stand out as elite players. Admittedly, Gee is not as overrated as Legg was but he's still overrated. It's whatever.
    When you spout off this bullshit I can't tell if you don't know what you are talking about or you are lying and hoping that nobody else knows what they are talking about.

Parris Campbell is going to be a 1st or 2nd round pick this year. KJ Hill is coming back for his Senior Year to try to get into the 1st round next year. Not putting receivers into the league? Parris will be the seventh WR drafted out of OSU in 5 years.

Noah Brown- 7th

Braxton Miller- 3rd

Evan Spencer- 6th
    Lol no he's not.
    Bump.

Psshhh. That's all Drew Brees and Sean Peyton. A lot of guys have one hit wonder seasons early in their careers and then fall off. I'm not at all impressed with Ohio State WR's based on their recruiting success. They are under performing at that position.
    *One hit wonder*

He plays with Drew Brees. So they got one guy that's good? Go ahead and do an analysis of all the receivers Ohio State has recruited over the past decade and see if they have underachieved or overachieved based on their rankings. Then get back to me. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. You're proving nothing here.

You said "LOL he's not".

hth

Julio Jones
    Odell Beckham Jr
    Antonio Brown
    T.Y. Hilton
    Tyler Lockett

Over him.
    TY Hilton?

GTFOH
    Yup, or Jarvis Landry. Blessem.
    THE FUCK

Also like how you are anti one hit wonder but have Tyler Lockett in your top 5 receivers.

Your consistency is only outpaced by your analysis.

Kudos.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dawgs206 said:

Noah Brown- 7th

Braxton Miller- 3rd

Evan Spencer- 6th
    Lol no he's not.
    Bump.

*One hit wonder*

You said "LOL he's not".

hth

Julio Jones
    Odell Beckham Jr
    Antonio Brown
    T.Y. Hilton
    Tyler Lockett

Over him.

If you add up Odell's stats from 2017 and 2018 he still has less yards, catches, and only one more TD than Thomas had this year. Odell has played more than 12 games 2 out of 5 years. If you are trying to make it somewhat of an argument at least throw in DeAndre Hopkins and Devante Adams.

Thomas is likely 3rd or 4th behind Julio, Hopkins, and maybe Brown this year. Odell is probably 5th. If they all hit free agency right now Hopkins and Thomas would be the highest paid.
    Russell Wilson had a perfect passer rating when throwing to Tyler Lockett. Wilson had the least pass attempts of his career.If the Seahawks had more of a pass oriented offense like the Saints do, Lockett would have led the league is receiving. Plus, what he can do as a return man makes him far more valuable than Thomas. He's a game changer as a return man.

Odell has been playing with trash ass Eli Manning his whole career. Give him Drew Brees to work with and he's put up way bigger numbers.

You're right Deandre Hopkins is for sure in the top-5 ahead of Thomas. Forgot about him. He might be the second best WR in the league.

I know that you know you can't extrapolate like that. The reason Wilson to Lockett was such a valuable connection was precisely BECAUSE Wilson didn't throw it to Lockett very often.

Otherwise shouldn't we be firing the Seahawks entire offensive staff for not throwing the ball to Lockett on every single down? The Seahawks would have been the greatest offense of all time!
  • Options

dawgs206 said:

Noah Brown- 7th

Braxton Miller- 3rd

Evan Spencer- 6th
    Lol no he's not.
    Bump.

*One hit wonder*

You said "LOL he's not".

hth

Julio Jones
    Odell Beckham Jr
    Antonio Brown
    T.Y. Hilton
    Tyler Lockett

Over him.

I know that you know you can't extrapolate like that. The reason Wilson to Lockett was such a valuable connection was precisely BECAUSE Wilson didn't throw it to Lockett very often.

Otherwise shouldn't we be firing the Seahawks entire offensive staff for not throwing the ball to Lockett on every single down? The Seahawks would have been the greatest offense of all time!
    In defense of Ballz, I'm all for firing the entire Seahawks offensive staff.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    One last comment on this: The Saints don't have a pass happy offense. DoogBallz is living Deep in the past. New Orleans was the #23 offense in pass attempts with 519 this year, easily in the bottom third. By comparison let's look at the Ballz top 5 wideouts.

Julio Jones - Atlanta threw 617 times (#5)
    OBJ - New York threw 583 times (#9)
    Brown - Pittsburgh threw 689 times (#1)
    Hilton - Indianapolis threw 644 times (#2)
    Lockett - Seattle threw 427 times (#32) (discussed above)
    *Landry - Cleveland threw 574 times (#11)

Thomas's numbers are not because of a pass happy offense. They're because he's a fucking stud.

Ballz claims efficiency defines a great receiver while he ranks at least 6 receivers ahead of Michael Thomas.

Ballz is stupid as fuck.

Water is wet wettens!
  • Options
    Nobody cares about Michael Thomas. Most people don't even know who he is so obviously he ain't that good.

Top 5 WR in NFL:

1. Julio Jones
    2. Deandre Hopkins
    3. Antonio Brown
    4. Odell Beckham Jr.
    5. Tyler Lockett

Why are you ignoring my proposition @HillsboroDuck . Please prove Ohio State WRs overall haven't underachieved in comparison to their rankings. If you can't do that and all you can do is point out one exception and ignore the rest then you lose.
  • Options

Nobody cares about Michael Thomas. Most people don't even know who he is so obviously he ain't that good.

Top 5 WR in NFL:

1. Julio Jones
    2. Deandre Hopkins
    3. Antonio Brown
    4. Odell Beckham Jr.
    5. Tyler Lockett

Why are you ignoring my proposition @HillsboroDuck . Please prove Ohio State WRs overall haven't underachieved in comparison to their rankings. If you can't do that and all you can do is point out one exception and ignore the rest then you lose.

That's your hypothesis, it's on you to back it up.

The only claim I made here is that Thomas is a top 5 receiver.

You disagreed.

You were wrong.

Feel free to do your own research to back up one of the claims you pull out of your ass for once.
  • Options

Top 5 WR in NFL:

1. Julio Jones
    2. Deandre Hopkins
    3. Antonio Brown
    4. Odell Beckham Jr.
    5. Tyler Lockett

You disagreed.

You were wrong.

Feel free to do your own research to back up one of the claims you pull out of your ass for once.
    The claim you made about Thomas was in an attempt to prove that Ohio State wide receivers have not underachieved based on their rankings. Thomas alone is not enough to prove that. That is one data point while ignoring the rest. The burden is on you. I'm waiting.
  • Options

Top 5 WR in NFL:

1. Julio Jones
    2. Deandre Hopkins
    3. Antonio Brown
    4. Odell Beckham Jr.
    5. Tyler Lockett

You disagreed.

You were wrong.

The claim you made about Thomas was in an attempt to prove that Ohio State wide receivers have not underachieved based on their rankings. Thomas alone is not enough to prove that. That is one data point while ignoring the rest. The burden is on you. I'm waiting.
    The burden is not on me to prove your unproven claim wrong, that's not how it works.

Good luck.
  • Options

Top 5 WR in NFL:

1. Julio Jones
    2. Deandre Hopkins
    3. Antonio Brown
    4. Odell Beckham Jr.
    5. Tyler Lockett

You disagreed.

You were wrong.

The burden is not on me to prove your unproven claim wrong, that's not how it works.

Good luck.
    Lol that's what I thought, you lose. :D
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    StrongBallz spreads aids faster on HH than it spread in Africa.
  • Options

Top 5 WR in NFL:

1. Julio Jones
    2. Deandre Hopkins
    3. Antonio Brown
    4. Odell Beckham Jr.
    5. Tyler Lockett

You disagreed.

You were wrong.

This isn't even true, not that I should be surprised. My post was in response to @FremontTroll's response to your claim that "OSU is not putting receivers in the league like they should". His post debunked your unfounded claim with listing 7 receivers picked in 5 years. I didn't need to prove your claim wrong and wasn't trying to prove it wrong (since it was already done) I simply added that Thomas is top 5 to illustrate that, not only do they have quantity, they have quality as well.

tOSU is right there with the top schools in the country at putting WR's in the NFL numerically, and in the last four years they have produced one of the best 5 receivers in the league as well.

There is simply no way to paint tOSU as some kind of failure at putting out receivers in any land but Ballz Land.

You're wrong. Again.
  • Options

Top 5 WR in NFL:

1. Julio Jones
    2. Deandre Hopkins
    3. Antonio Brown
    4. Odell Beckham Jr.
    5. Tyler Lockett

You disagreed.

You were wrong.

This isn't even true, not that I should be surprised. My post was in response to @FremontTroll's response to your claim that "OSU is not putting receivers in the league like they should". His post debunked your unfounded claim with listing 7 receivers picked in 5 years. I didn't need to prove your claim wrong and wasn't trying to prove it wrong (since it was already done) I simply added that Thomas is top 5 to illustrate that, not only do they have quantity, they have quality as well.

tOSU is right there with the top schools in the country at putting WR's in the NFL numerically, and in the last four years they have produced one of the best 5 receivers in the league as well.

There is simply no way to paint tOSU as some kind of failure at putting out receivers in any land but Ballz Land.

You're wrong. Again.
    Oh so you're saying you were just arguing semantics on a tangent. You lose again. :D
  • Options

Top 5 WR in NFL:

1. Julio Jones
    2. Deandre Hopkins
    3. Antonio Brown
    4. Odell Beckham Jr.
    5. Tyler Lockett

You disagreed.

You were wrong.

You're wrong. Again.
    Oh so you're saying you were just arguing semantics on a tangent. You lose again. :D

• Options

Top 5 WR in NFL:

1. Julio Jones
    2. Deandre Hopkins
    3. Antonio Brown
    4. Odell Beckham Jr.
    5. Tyler Lockett

You disagreed.

You were wrong.

You're wrong. Again.

Yeah that's what I thought.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

StrongBallz spreads aids faster on HH than it spread in Africa.

ISAFNRC

#teamrawdawg
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Frozen or evaporated water isn't water. I don't call them water. I don't care what grade school chemistry says about three states of matter. What counts is that it's not called water. It's called ice.

Can you prove me wrong? Didn't think so.

You lose, bitch.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    So what's going on with Justus Legg?