Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Justus Legg, 3* 2019 BUCK, Auburn (Riverside?), WA

12345679»

Comments

• FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Initial ranking as a Sophomore was 4-stars. Sometimes when UW doesn't offer a highly rated in-state kid, they kinda know what they're doing. Consider that the next time anybody wants to bitch about Gee Scott never being offered.

Yep, I remember when Ohio State took a commit from Justus Legg. Dark times around here.

(I'm not crying over Scott but this is a really awful example.)
    Ohio State also offered Ty Jones and he's not exactly lighting it up. With all the talent they get, OSU is not putting receivers in the league like they should. Their talent evaluations at that position are not good. All their receivers in the Rose Bowl were like 6'0 or 6'1 and none were nationally big name guys that stand out as elite players. Admittedly, Gee is not as overrated as Legg was but he's still overrated. It's whatever.
    When you spout off this bullshit I can't tell if you don't know what you are talking about or you are lying and hoping that nobody else knows what they are talking about.

Parris Campbell is going to be a 1st or 2nd round pick this year. KJ Hill is coming back for his Senior Year to try to get into the 1st round next year. Not putting receivers into the league? Parris will be the seventh WR drafted out of OSU in 5 years.

2017: Curtis Samuel- 2nd
    Noah Brown- 7th

2016: Michael Thomas- 2nd
    Braxton Miller- 3rd

2015: Devin Smith- 2nd
    Evan Spencer- 6th
    Michael Thomas is one of the 5 best receivers in the NFL
    Lol no he's not.
    Bump.

Psshhh. That's all Drew Brees and Sean Peyton. A lot of guys have one hit wonder seasons early in their careers and then fall off. I'm not at all impressed with Ohio State WR's based on their recruiting success. They are under performing at that position.
    *One hit wonder*

He plays with Drew Brees. So they got one guy that's good? Go ahead and do an analysis of all the receivers Ohio State has recruited over the past decade and see if they have underachieved or overachieved based on their rankings. Then get back to me. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. You're proving nothing here.
    I claimed Thomas is a top 5 receiver.

You said "LOL he's not".

I've proved exactly what I was trying to prove.

hth
    He still not top-5, I'd prefer

Julio Jones
    Odell Beckham Jr
    Antonio Brown
    T.Y. Hilton
    Tyler Lockett

Over him.
    TY Hilton?

GTFOH
    Yup, or Jarvis Landry. Blessem.
    23. Browns get their No. 1 wideout
    Dolphins trade: WR Jarvis Landry
    Browns trade: 4-123, 2019 seventh-round pick

The Dolphins placed the franchise tag on Landry in the hopes of getting a draft pick and ended up netting a fourth-rounder from the Browns. Miami appears to have used the seventh-rounder to acquire 16-game starter Akeem Spence from the Lions. The fourth-round pick was used on tight end Durham Smythe, who caught six passes as a rookie. After signing Danny Amendola and Albert Wilson last offseason, offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains bizarrely suggested that the Dolphins would use three tight ends for stretches in 2018; in the end, Miami used 13 personnel 33 times for 64 yards and just five first downs, each of which ranked among the lowest marks in football.

The bigger name in the trade was Landry, who signed a five-year, $75.5 million deal with the Browns after coming over from Miami. His first year in Ohio was uneven. Landry wasn't used as a source of cheap yards in his new home; his average target traveled 10.8 yards in the air, way up from the almost comically low 6.6-yard average Landry worked with during his three years in Miami. Simultaneously, though, Landry went from catching nearly 69 percent of his passes from 2015 to 2017 in Miami to just 54.4 percent in Cleveland last season. The changes weren't for the better, as Landry finished 79th in individual receiving DVOA, suggesting that the Browns might need to return Landry to his specialized role to get the sort of return they were hoping to garner from their top wideout.

Impact grade: C

BallzDeep Top 5 Receiver!!
    He plays for the Browns bro. Everybody gets the benefit of the doubt when they're playing for the worst organization in the league. He's working with a rookie QB who's now working with a second head coach and they don't have a real #2 WR option after Landry. Context matters. Stop trying to prove me wrong. You'll never win. NEVER!
    You ranked Jarvis Landry as a top 5 receiver.

You already lost.
    Then why bother digging up old shit if you already think I lost? hmmmmm? That's what I thought.
    Because reminding you is fun
    Thanks for reminding me I won. 'preciate it bro ✊
    If calling a guy who is lucky to be a top 50 WR top 5 is winning, you win all the damn time.
    Why are you still talking? I already won. End of discussion.
    @dnc didn’t you know Ballz already won?

Btw did Parris Campbell and McLaurin get drafted? I’ve been out of the country I must have missed it...
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Opened up this thread hoping for some good news for Legg.

Instead it's balls argument about NFL WR.

JFC
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Legg’s going to Portland State dude lol
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Legg’s going to Portland State dude lol

I know that. Maybe just something positive for his career. I'm aware he's not playing here.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Ballz said:

Initial ranking as a Sophomore was 4-stars. Sometimes when UW doesn't offer a highly rated in-state kid, they kinda know what they're doing. Consider that the next time anybody wants to bitch about Gee Scott never being offered.

Yep, I remember when Ohio State took a commit from Justus Legg. Dark times around here.

Ohio State also offered Ty Jones and he's not exactly lighting it up. With all the talent they get, OSU is not putting receivers in the league like they should. Their talent evaluations at that position are not good. All their receivers in the Rose Bowl were like 6'0 or 6'1 and none were nationally big name guys that stand out as elite players. Admittedly, Gee is not as overrated as Legg was but he's still overrated. It's whatever.
    When you spout off this bullshit I can't tell if you don't know what you are talking about or you are lying and hoping that nobody else knows what they are talking about.

Parris Campbell is going to be a 1st or 2nd round pick this year. KJ Hill is coming back for his Senior Year to try to get into the 1st round next year. Not putting receivers into the league? Parris will be the seventh WR drafted out of OSU in 5 years.

Noah Brown- 7th

Braxton Miller- 3rd

Evan Spencer- 6th
    Lol no he's not.
    Bump.

Psshhh. That's all Drew Brees and Sean Peyton. A lot of guys have one hit wonder seasons early in their careers and then fall off. I'm not at all impressed with Ohio State WR's based on their recruiting success. They are under performing at that position.
    I know @Ballz is ded but @BallzAIDS will never die.

#NeverForget

• rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Noah Brown- 7th

Braxton Miller- 3rd

Evan Spencer- 6th
    Lol no he's not.
    Bump.

*One hit wonder*

He plays with Drew Brees. So they got one guy that's good? Go ahead and do an analysis of all the receivers Ohio State has recruited over the past decade and see if they have underachieved or overachieved based on their rankings. Then get back to me. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. You're proving nothing here.

You said "LOL he's not".

hth

Julio Jones
    Odell Beckham Jr
    Antonio Brown
    T.Y. Hilton
    Tyler Lockett

Over him.
    TY Hilton?

GTFOH

The Dolphins placed the franchise tag on Landry in the hopes of getting a draft pick and ended up netting a fourth-rounder from the Browns. Miami appears to have used the seventh-rounder to acquire 16-game starter Akeem Spence from the Lions. The fourth-round pick was used on tight end Durham Smythe, who caught six passes as a rookie. After signing Danny Amendola and Albert Wilson last offseason, offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains bizarrely suggested that the Dolphins would use three tight ends for stretches in 2018; in the end, Miami used 13 personnel 33 times for 64 yards and just five first downs, each of which ranked among the lowest marks in football.

The bigger name in the trade was Landry, who signed a five-year, $75.5 million deal with the Browns after coming over from Miami. His first year in Ohio was uneven. Landry wasn't used as a source of cheap yards in his new home; his average target traveled 10.8 yards in the air, way up from the almost comically low 6.6-yard average Landry worked with during his three years in Miami. Simultaneously, though, Landry went from catching nearly 69 percent of his passes from 2015 to 2017 in Miami to just 54.4 percent in Cleveland last season. The changes weren't for the better, as Landry finished 79th in individual receiving DVOA, suggesting that the Browns might need to return Landry to his specialized role to get the sort of return they were hoping to garner from their top wideout.

He plays for the Browns bro. Everybody gets the benefit of the doubt when they're playing for the worst organization in the league. He's working with a rookie QB who's now working with a second head coach and they don't have a real #2 WR option after Landry. Context matters. Stop trying to prove me wrong. You'll never win. NEVER!

You already lost.
    Then why bother digging up old shit if you already think I lost? hmmmmm? That's what I thought.
    If calling a guy who is lucky to be a top 50 WR top 5 is winning, you win all the damn time.

Btw did Parris Campbell and McLaurin get drafted? I’ve been out of the country I must have missed it...
    McLaurin flashing. Ballz wins by Ballz logic
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Noah Brown- 7th

Braxton Miller- 3rd

Evan Spencer- 6th
    Lol no he's not.
    Bump.

*One hit wonder*

You said "LOL he's not".

hth

Julio Jones
    Odell Beckham Jr
    Antonio Brown
    T.Y. Hilton
    Tyler Lockett

Over him.
    TY Hilton?

GTFOH

You already lost.

McLaurin flashing. Ballz wins by Ballz logic
    He's been a nice pickup for my fantasy team. Imagine if he had a QB.