Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Opening game meal

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

What's everyone cooking for the opener in Seattle vs Rutgers? I'm going with a dry aged ribeye and a growler of whatever ipa geaux brewing has.

IPA? It's like drinking sewing needles. Love the rib eye choice, I'll go with an Erdinger Dunkel.
    IPAs are good, but if there's a complaint I have, it's that everywhere is oversaturated with too many IPA choices. Every store here has like 4 kinds of IPAs for every 1 kind of any other kind of beer.
    Totally agree. Wish some of these fucks would focus on making a good lager or pilsner, but it's too easy to mask their shitty beer with a shitload of hops.
    I prefer IPA over pilsner or lager 10:1, but your right that those styles are technically more difficult to get right.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

What's everyone cooking for the opener in Seattle vs Rutgers? I'm going with a dry aged ribeye and a growler of whatever ipa geaux brewing has.

IPA? It's like drinking sewing needles. Love the rib eye choice, I'll go with an Erdinger Dunkel.
    IPAs are good, but if there's a complaint I have, it's that everywhere is oversaturated with too many IPA choices. Every store here has like 4 kinds of IPAs for every 1 kind of any other kind of beer.
    Totally agree. Wish some of these fucks would focus on making a good lager or pilsner, but it's too easy to mask their shitty beer with a shitload of hops.
    Agree as well. How many American craft brewers can make a true German or Czech style pils like Bittburger, Pilsner Urquel, Veltins, etc? I've never found one I like, except for Trummer in Brekeley which is a partnership with Austria.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Sledog said:

That's essentially the trend now. Big IPAs peaked a few years back, session ales came into fashion as a backlash, and now lagers are coming into vogue. Hipster beer cycle projections predict a move back to pales then stouts in the coming years.
    Well then, I support the hipster-lager epoch.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,887
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Sam Adams Boston Lager, the original 'craft' beer, is still one of the best lagers available. But Sam Adams is too widely distributed for hipsters to think it's cool to drink.

But yeah, would love to see more Lagers and Pilsners.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

That's essentially the trend now. Big IPAs peaked a few years back, session ales came into fashion as a backlash, and now lagers are coming into vogue. Hipster beer cycle projections predict a move back to pales then stouts in the coming years.
    We should be in a Russian Imperial Stout renaissance.
    Some of those will put yer dick in the dirt in a hurry- i.e., ABV's north of 8% usually. Tasty as hell but might as well starting chugging Vodka, Yeltsin style.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Some of those will put yer dick in the dirt in a hurry- i.e., ABV's north of 8% usually. Tasty as hell but might as well starting chugging Vodka, Yeltsin style.
    You sound weak.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

You sound weak.
    Hardly Grundle. I drink my bourbon and scotch neat and like something with a bit of kick. Just saying those Ruskie Imperial Stouts are strong beers. Don't twist.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Sledog said:

Well, shit.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Since it's at Rutgers I assume people will be eating shitty diner food that they took in a styrofoam to-go and spilled on the pavement. I assume that's what tailgates in New Brunshit are like.

Fuck everything about New Jersey outside of the Institute for Advanced Study. And even then, fuck New Jersey.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,098
    HRYK.

New Jersey sucks shit.

Except Meadow Soprano and JWoww's fake boobs. Those are nice.

#flagged. #onmygoddamnedphonegivemeabreak.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'll be on the beach with Chris
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Since it's at Rutgers I assume people will be eating shitty diner food that they took in a styrofoam to-go and spilled on the pavement. I assume that's what tailgates in New Brunshit are like.

Fuck everything about New Jersey outside of the Institute for Advanced Study. And even then, fuck New Jersey.

Pump my gas Scarlet Knights!!!
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194

HRYK.

New Jersey sucks shit.

Except Meadow Soprano and JWoww's fake boobs. Those are nice.

#flagged. #onmygoddamnedphonemobiledevicegivemeabreak.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,633
    The pale ale has always been the best style of beer.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2017
    The Bud Light in a bottle that drinks like watered down horse piss has always been the best style of beer.