Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Somebody needs to tell the 16 recruits in Oregon's #4 rated class

124»

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,723
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Oregon is recruiting very well because they hired a bunch of great recruiters. All it is is sales, there are selling very well.

We all new that they would cruit good. Question is can they coach? The sad part, pac-10 is so shitty that u just have to be mediocre coach to be decent.
    Agreed. With that sales team and Oregon's resources they are clearly gping to recruit well and outside of CP the coaching in the conference is total dreck. Taggart might actually be a decent coach as he did show consistent upward trajectory at two jobs. But even if he is Sarkish he should win a lot of games.

I will go on record as predicting Taggart will win the divison in the next three years and the conference in the next five.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    How is Oregon recruiting on the lines? Defense?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2017
    pat_hm said:

They have a really fucking good DB and WR class. Their offensive and defensive line classes are pretty pedestrian so far. They do have one JC DT that is pretty huge.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

LIPO. Right now Taggart is taking the Sark recruiting approach by offering anyone and everyone rated by a recruiting site a scholarship. Except he doesn't have to deal with 0-12!!1

I think Taggart will have a Sark type career at Oregon. He will recruit above average but people will make it seem like he's killing it, he will lose games he shouldn't and beat some overrated ranked teams to keep his job longer than he should.

Agree with Waffle and Gladstone here and have a hard time envisioning Coach T getting them back to the promised land circa 2009- 14, but as one who isn't that much into the TBS part of this, was curious if we? should be concerned yet at this juncture- i.e, #4 ranked class with 16 recruits thus far (our star rating per kid is higher, however).
    This is what reminds me of Sark. Start off in a blaze of glory but trail in star ratings. By LOI day that top ten class would be closer to 20 and worse with average rating.

Not saying that is the case at Oregon this year so don't twist. Just saying it looks familiar.

Taggert can lose to us? 34 -17 (rather easily) and the quooks would gush over the massive improvement from 70-21.

Or he could win in Seattle and we? break the internet
    Sorry to disappoint but quooks won't gush over anything other than a win.
    Disagree

#script
    Sorta like the script in 2014 where UCLA was supposed to beat Oregon instead of Oregon rampaging through the conference, right?
    No

Not at all

Stupid question

Next
    Dude brah, you were arguing with me about it in 2014 and insisted UCLA would beat the Ducks because the script said so.
    I don't recall that. Who are you?
    Boobs or Harv.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,073
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    This thread made my head assplode
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,142
    Founders Club
    What quooks don't know and doogs know too well is that when you gut your program all that unquantifiable tradition that made you successful goes with it. Starting from scratch ain't no simple task and you better hope you're going the right direction.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    Swaye said:

This thread made my head assplode

• Options
    Founders Club

What quooks don't know and doogs know too well is that when you gut your program all that unquantifiable tradition that made you successful goes with it. Starting from scratch ain't no simple task and you better hope you're going the right direction.

Made up nonsense from someone who has no idea what they're talking about.

Pete started over at USC. That turned out ok.

Chip completely de-Oregon'd Oregon and that turned out ok.

And Pete completely de-Sarked Washington, and that seems to be turning out ok.

When it's broken, it needs to be fixed. And when it's fixed, guess what? It's fucking fixed.

unquantifiable tradition. get the fuck out of here with that. my Canes suffered too long with that nonsense. "where did the swagger go?" I'll tell you where the fucking swagger went: with all the great players and great coaches. That's it. That's the program. There's nothing in the air or in the water.
    We're saying the same fucking thing, and thanks for pointing out two generational coaches and another coach who literally is the opposite of a gut job, got promoted and kept everyone around.

When you start over you start over, there is no carry over, better get it right or you're a coaching generation further away from where you want to be.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Just waiting on the kiss of death from Mosster to end the thread.

I'm glad to see a coaching staff selling the Ferrari leather with some passion. Bellotti had no vision, Chip didn't like recruiting, Slingblade was lazy, and the lifetime contract assistants lost interest.

My group of friends always though the Ducks would vastly improve in recruiting with a new energetic staff.

The offense has never been an issue at any point since Mike Bellotti was hired as the OC forever ago. The defense finally hit rock bottom last year.

The new DC won't have two or three guys going to the same gap every fucking play for 11 straight weeks. Hoke is a good recruiter and a solid D-line coach, but literally doesn't know how football works which is crazy.

The offensive line all returns, the backs are all back, the QB is back, and the WR's have a lot of talent. The TE spot is a concern, but they should be ok.

If the D can get down to 25 to 28ppg they should win 7 to 9 games in the regular season.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

pat_hm said:

They have a really fucking good DB and WR class. Their offensive and defensive line classes are pretty pedestrian so far. They do have one JC DT that is pretty huge.
    Interesting. I don't follow the teen boy stockings, but this much always rings true. Football games are ultimately won in the trenches. Their ceiling will be set by how well they recruit and develop their lines.

As always, the answer is to LIFPO. Taggert may be a lot better coach than most in this thread are giving him credit for. My hunch is that he is a good coach and that he's assembled a very solid staff. Sarkish tendencies aside, he may have Oregon winning fairly quickly, perhaps as quickly as this season. We'll see in a few months.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Mosster47 said:

Just waiting on the kiss of death from Mosster to end the thread.

I'm glad to see a coaching staff selling the Ferrari leather with some passion. Bellotti had no vision, Chip didn't like recruiting, Slingblade was lazy, and the lifetime contract assistants lost interest.

My group of friends always though the Ducks would vastly improve in recruiting with a new energetic staff.

The offense has never been an issue at any point since Mike Bellotti was hired as the OC forever ago. The defense finally hit rock bottom last year.

The new DC won't have two or three guys going to the same gap every fucking play for 11 straight weeks. Hoke is a good recruiter and a solid D-line coach, but literally doesn't know how football works which is crazy.

The offensive line all returns, the backs are all back, the QB is back, and the WR's have a lot of talent. The TE spot is a concern, but they should be ok.

If the D can get down to 25 to 28ppg they should win 7 to 9 games in the regular season.
    If ifs and buts were pots and pans, the Ducks would have a Natty, maybe two.
    Honestly if they had 2 more decent OL they might have actually won a natty.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    Sarky class. At least 1/3 will transfer back home once reality sets in that they just got dooped into spending the next 4 years in Eugene.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2017
  • Options
    Founders Club
    NOFC about Oregon negro!!!