Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Somebody needs to tell the 16 recruits in Oregon's #4 rated class

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon does have a huge advantage with teen boys due to the Duckade. That won't go away over night.

At the beginning of the Duckade, UW still did good in recruiting in relation to Oregon. The first 4 or 5 losses we would pick UW to win because of recruiting.

But Taggert is going to have to coach. We know that. Helfrich had talent last year.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

LIPO. Right now Taggart is taking the Sark recruiting approach by offering anyone and everyone rated by a recruiting site a scholarship. Except he doesn't have to deal with 0-12!!1

I think Taggart will have a Sark type career at Oregon. He will recruit above average but people will make it seem like he's killing it, he will lose games he shouldn't and beat some overrated ranked teams to keep his job longer than he should.

Sort of agree but he's recruiting better than Sark ever did.
    Agree but 2017 Oregon > 2009 Washington. You people act like @Owen12 never happened.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,236
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oregon does have a huge advantage with teen boys due to the Duckade. That won't go away over night.

At the beginning of the Duckade, UW still did good in recruiting in relation to Oregon. The first 4 or 5 losses we would pick UW to win because of recruiting.

But Taggert is going to have to coach. We know that. Helfrich had talent last year.

I guess I'm still in a doogish, BONEM, mind set, but Oregon at home (ok Eugene...hardy har har) is the game I have circled on the calendar as being the one we cannot fucking lose. It's going to take more than one finger point and 70-21 to take all the shine off their brand.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

LIPO. Right now Taggart is taking the Sark recruiting approach by offering anyone and everyone rated by a recruiting site a scholarship. Except he doesn't have to deal with 0-12!!1

I think Taggart will have a Sark type career at Oregon. He will recruit above average but people will make it seem like he's killing it, he will lose games he shouldn't and beat some overrated ranked teams to keep his job longer than he should.

Agree with Waffle and Gladstone here and have a hard time envisioning Coach T getting them back to the promised land circa 2009- 14, but as one who isn't that much into the TBS part of this, was curious if we? should be concerned yet at this juncture- i.e, #4 ranked class with 16 recruits thus far (our star rating per kid is higher, however).
    This is what reminds me of Sark. Start off in a blaze of glory but trail in star ratings. By LOI day that top ten class would be closer to 20 and worse with average rating.

Not saying that is the case at Oregon this year so don't twist. Just saying it looks familiar.

Taggert can lose to us? 34 -17 (rather easily) and the quooks would gush over the massive improvement from 70-21.

Or he could win in Seattle and we? break the internet
    Sorry to disappoint but quooks won't gush over anything other than a win.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agree with Waffle and Gladstone here and have a hard time envisioning Coach T getting them back to the promised land circa 2009- 14, but as one who isn't that much into the TBS part of this, was curious if we? should be concerned yet at this juncture- i.e, #4 ranked class with 16 recruits thus far (our star rating per kid is higher, however).
    This is what reminds me of Sark. Start off in a blaze of glory but trail in star ratings. By LOI day that top ten class would be closer to 20 and worse with average rating.

Not saying that is the case at Oregon this year so don't twist. Just saying it looks familiar.

Taggert can lose to us? 34 -17 (rather easily) and the quooks would gush over the massive improvement from 70-21.

Disagree

#script
  • Options

Disagree

#script
    Sorta like the script in 2014 where UCLA was supposed to beat Oregon instead of Oregon rampaging through the conference, right?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Willie is doing well with recruiting so far this year, but no better than Chip or Slingblade did in their time. Oregon wasn't going to go completely down the shitter because of one year, just like UW wasn't going to become every kid's dream school based on last year. These kids still grew up with Oregon being cool and UW being lame.

That being said, Oregon has to win this year. If they are 3-6 at some point, their commits will start dropping like flies, especially the ones from Florida. With Nelson, Carrington, and Freeman gone next year, they will probably be looking at a major rebuild on offense next year as well. At the very least. They need a Sark year - 5-4 in conference with at least one big upset win.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Sort of agree but he's recruiting better than Sark ever did.
    I said he didn't have to deal with 0-12!!!1
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,727

Disagree

#script
    Sorta like the script in 2014 where UCLA was supposed to beat Oregon instead of Oregon rampaging through the conference, right?
    Nope the script has only ever called for UCLA to be soft and overrated.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Disagree

#script
    No

Not at all

Stupid question

Next
  • Options

Disagree

#script
    No

Not at all

Stupid question

Next
    Dude brah, you were arguing with me about it in 2014 and insisted UCLA would beat the Ducks because the script said so.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Disagree

#script
    No

Not at all

Stupid question

Next
    Dude brah, you were arguing with me about it in 2014 and insisted UCLA would beat the Ducks because the script said so.
    I don't recall that. Who are you?
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,149
    Founders Club

Anyone else how delusional and hysterical obk's posting has been the last few days- even by his standards?

He ran out of anti-cunt meds
  • Options
    Founders Club
    with all of Willy's tough guy, send kids to the hospital, kill some snakes talk I look forward to the street fight in Seattle this fall. O/U on unsportsman like penalties is 5.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Anyone else how delusional and hysterical obk's posting has been the last few days- even by his standards?

That wouldn't happen in Sweden.
  • Options
    Founders Club

That wouldn't happen in Sweden.
    Anti-cunt meds are the only way to suppress the chronic jihad