Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Somebody needs to tell the 16 recruits in Oregon's #4 rated class

that, as per Kim, "Oregon is really a mess right now". I'm sure once they hear that quote from the maestro they'll pretty much all want to jump ship.

Comments

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Does harrison's commitment mean that UW didn't get the #1 WA player this year and last year (sarrell)?

Asking somebody who is dialed in.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,086
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

Does harrison's commitment mean that UW didn't get the #1 WA player this year and last year (sarrell)?

I think Sirmon is the number 1 WA recruit this year.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye said:

Passion said:

I think Sirmon is the number 1 WA recruit this year.
    Oh yah...him.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,727
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    That hammer is going to drop any day now.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Passion said:

Harrison might be the best player in Washington (to my eyes), but is not rated as such currently. In fact, of the rankings services, only on ESPN is Trey Lowe rated below Harrison.

However, that is soon to change. He has gone up from unrated to composite 4* just from people watching his junior highlights. Once he goes out and destroys Metro his senior season, he might get bumped all the way to 5*. He is that good. So, the answer is possibly.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Harrison might be the best player in Washington (to my eyes), but is not rated as such currently. In fact, of the rankings services, only on ESPN is Trey Lowe rated below Harrison.

However, that is soon to change. He has gone up from unrated to composite 4* just from people watching his junior highlights. Once he goes out and destroys Metro his senior season, he might get bumped all the way to 5*. He is that good. So, the answer is possibly.
    He's not getting to 5*. He's 264 on scout. 301 on 247. They would have to drop guys as well, which they don't like to make drastic because they are kids.

The rankings fluctuate, but not that much.

I agree he's the best player in the state though.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Damn, sux to lose a good prospect who could be a potential AA DB
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Passion said:

He's not getting to 5*. He's 264 on scout. 301 on 247. They would have to drop guys as well, which they don't like to make drastic because they are kids.

The rankings fluctuate, but not that much.

I agree he's the best player in the state though.
    IMO Kyler Gordon is the best recruit in the state.

I don't think we? loose him, but didn't think we'd loose TreShaun either.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So

Oregon is BACK?

I just didn't think it would happen so soon
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,236
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Serious question on this for @CokeGreaterThanPepsi and @Dennis_DeYoung. Is Taggart and company over or underperforming in recruiting thus far based on your initial expectations? We knew that he was assembling a crack team of ace recruiters, but at first glance it seems they are doing very well for a program that experience an epic regression since being in the NT game. What is your level of concern?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Serious question on this for @CokeGreaterThanPepsi and @Dennis_DeYoung. Is Taggart and company over or underperforming in recruiting thus far based on your initial expectations? We knew that he was assembling a crack team of ace recruiters, but at first glance it seems they are doing very well for a program that experience an epic regression since being in the NT game. What is your level of concern?

They can't coach.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

They can't coach.
    So the narrative goes...
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

sub .500 coach at multiple stops who had 1 quasi break out season and then bailed

so he's ron zook

oh no
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

LIPO. Right now Taggart is taking the Sark recruiting approach by offering anyone and everyone rated by a recruiting site a scholarship. Except he doesn't have to deal with 0-12!!1

I think Taggart will have a Sark type career at Oregon. He will recruit above average but people will make it seem like he's killing it, he will lose games he shouldn't and beat some overrated ranked teams to keep his job longer than he should.

Agree with Waffle and Gladstone here and have a hard time envisioning Coach T getting them back to the promised land circa 2009- 14, but as one who isn't that much into the TBS part of this, was curious if we? should be concerned yet at this juncture- i.e, #4 ranked class with 16 recruits thus far (our star rating per kid is higher, however).
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

LIPO. Right now Taggart is taking the Sark recruiting approach by offering anyone and everyone rated by a recruiting site a scholarship. Except he doesn't have to deal with 0-12!!1

I think Taggart will have a Sark type career at Oregon. He will recruit above average but people will make it seem like he's killing it, he will lose games he shouldn't and beat some overrated ranked teams to keep his job longer than he should.

Sort of agree but he's recruiting better than Sark ever did.