Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kyle Ford, 4* 2019 WR, Anaheim (Servite), CA (Offered 5/21/17)

Comments

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Pretty sure that’s Lubick’s office

I know for a fact that's Lubick's handwriting. Don't ask.
    Did Lubick check yes or no for you Dennis?
    What do you think?
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,970
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

What do you think?
    I think he took you by the hand
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,355 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

What do you think?
    I think he took you by the hand
    I love it when things are about to get weird.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    Why are current players names on the board? Positional rotation?
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

Why are current players names on the board? Positional rotation?

It’s Lubicks office. The whiteboard is outdated. His WRs are up there in some sort of depth chart.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,523 Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Laffed so hard I forgot Browning sucked... Fuck!
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    With his ACL year, the early playing time factor is probably a lot less important to him.

Probably helps us given our crowded depth chart at WR next year
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,735 Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

With his ACL year, the early playing time factor is probably a lot less important to him.

Kind of. If he were healthy he’d play no matter if we had 50 WR’s.
    Yea, and a 5 ⭐️ Afraid of competition isn’t really Pete’s type anyways.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

NEsnake12 said:

STAY
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

NEsnake12 said:

Yea, and a 5 ⭐️ ️isn’t really Pete’s type anyways.

He's a big time recruit but every year we hear about freshman that will make an impact and then it doesn't happen.

Spiker, Osborne, Etc. Cook and Bynum still hardly play. We don't lose any WR'a except probably Pounds. It's not going to be an easy position to crack.

Agreed.

I don't think he'd redshirt (without the torn ACL anyway), but in the extremely unlikely world that could exist where Ford comes here he's probably not making a big impact as a freshman. He'll be a stud though.

He's a big time recruit but every year we hear about freshman that will make an impact and then it doesn't happen.

Spiker, Osborne, Etc. Cook and Bynum still hardly play. We don't lose any WR'a except probably Pounds. It's not going to be an easy position to crack.

1. Who the fuck said Alex Cook was gonna play? If you have the name, whatever you do stop listening to them immediately. Spiker was coming off surgery and Osborne wasn’t physically ready. I like how you didn’t use Ty Jones even though we played him two years before he’s ready

2. Since our offense doesn’t scheme guys open and depends on our running such clean routes to win 1v1 and bracketed matchups instead of pulling the coverage in two different directions. Because of that the type of freshman who’s going to make an impact is one who is the best route runner AND who’s physically ready to not get hurt. Kyle Ford at 200 pounds and probably the most polished receiver of this class starts here cuz it’s not like we have a WR corps like martavis Bryant, deandre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins (which if we got joe ngata we could make the debate but we’ll leave that triggered moment for a different time)

3. Stop listening to dawgman cuz they have to fill radio time and article space and every year they love to fill the space with “who’s gonna step up at receiver” which leads into “we got some talented freshman coming in (insert highest rated freshman no matter if it’s case by case let’s take Spiker as an example the kid was 180 pounds coming off shoulder surgery, if you arm Helen Keller with that info even she knows he prolly won’t be ready) oh yeah they got a real shot cuz no one has stepped up outside John Ross or dante”
    RoadDawg ain't listening to Dawgman.

Otherwise, good chit.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,002
    People were debating on twitter last week how many catches spiker would have filling in for pounds....