Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ST3 / Car Tabs / Sales Taxes / Bloated KC Metro

1235»

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I've seen pawn stars and American pickers, too. People pay a lot of money for old outdated shit.

Imagine what these outdated choo choo trains will bring!
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    Look what you have created Derek.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    doogie said:

While you stand and wait for content to be delivered to your Tee Vee for primetime, others are innovating.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TlKbi8YslrA

Yeah, this is the one that's not ready for primetime. Can carry one person, 220# plus one suitcase, with 30 minute battery life!

Be great for dates, you can each fly separately! Or, you know, a family of four. What happens when little Timmy starts jumping around unsupervised in his drone? How well does the drone compensate for shifts in payload weight?

Or, you know

Or computer hackers?

Don't get me wrong, I think this has tons of potential. But it's not there yet, and whether it can handle even more than a few hundred passengers' throughput during a day remains to be seen.

Stop trying to be an ostrich. Embrace the future.
    doogie said:

Stop trying to be an ostrich. Embrace the future.

Show me something that will move 100,000 people a day. This won't, yet.
    Your limitations are your own.
    doogie said:

My limitations are my inability to put more than one person at a time in a drone that has a 30-minute battery lifespan. You promised me "technology is available today and immediately scalable."

Zurich Hauptbahnhof moves 450,000 people every day. Hell, the Portland light rail moves 140,000 people every day. How many one-man drones with a 30-minute power supply is that?

Again, great potential, but not there yet.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    doogie said:

Why do you hate capitalism?

You can't go from zero to 100. It went Atari, NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4.

We are at Atari level with public trans. Jurassic Park will be real before mass drone transit.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,858
    Mosster47 said:

doogie said:

Why do you hate capitalism?

You can't go from zero to 100. It went Atari, NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4.

We are at Atari level with public trans. Jurassic Park will be real before mass drone transit.
    But still