Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Matteo Mele, 4* OT, Tucson (Salpointe), AZ (COMMITTED 6/26)

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

@Dennis_DeYoung @CokeGreaterThanPepsi @Tequilla

How doogish is it to say Mele has the ceiling of Trey Adams? I feel Mele is more highly recruited and has a similar frame, although I freely admit my TBS skills leave a lot to be desired.

I haven't watched his film yet (will let you know when I do) but if Pepsi and DDY are super high on him then that's telling ... they hate just about everything
    He for sure has Trey level potential, he has farther to go to get there because this will be his first year playing OL. But he is so effortless in his movements and his technique. True LT prospect.
    I agree he looks great, but Trey came in ready to play day one. I know that wasn't ideal, but he was ready to hold his own physically.

I like Mele a lot and read he's now over 270. I agree he has high potential, but Trey was more of a sure thing. Mele is high 2 imo. Great prospect, but adding size takes awhile and isn't always a sure thing.

Mele is a much needed LT prospect and I'm excited to watch his senior year film.
    Trey Adams was the same size as Mele is in HS... Trey's senior year he was 6'7 270.

And yes, he still needs to put on weight, we'll see if he can do it like Trey did after HS ended.
    His advantage over Trey is he's a converted TE, much more mobile and still growing. He has added weight recently. I'm sure once the Rhino cum kicks in he will hit 310
    IDK about that Trey was pretty fucking mobile coming out of school.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,946

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

How doogish is it to say Mele has the ceiling of Trey Adams? I feel Mele is more highly recruited and has a similar frame, although I freely admit my TBS skills leave a lot to be desired.

I haven't watched his film yet (will let you know when I do) but if Pepsi and DDY are super high on him then that's telling ... they hate just about everything
    He for sure has Trey level potential, he has farther to go to get there because this will be his first year playing OL. But he is so effortless in his movements and his technique. True LT prospect.
    I agree he looks great, but Trey came in ready to play day one. I know that wasn't ideal, but he was ready to hold his own physically.

I like Mele a lot and read he's now over 270. I agree he has high potential, but Trey was more of a sure thing. Mele is high 2 imo. Great prospect, but adding size takes awhile and isn't always a sure thing.

Mele is a much needed LT prospect and I'm excited to watch his senior year film.
    Trey Adams was the same size as Mele is in HS... Trey's senior year he was 6'7 270.

And yes, he still needs to put on weight, we'll see if he can do it like Trey did after HS ended.
    His advantage over Trey is he's a converted TE, much more mobile and still growing. He has added weight recently. I'm sure once the Rhino cum kicks in he will hit 310
    This is what I mean. You assume a lot of shit about Pete you probably don't quite know. Maybe it's because he looks and sounds like the kind of guy who has credibility to you. It doesn't mean shit when it comes to this business. You also assume a lot of shit about Willie, who just got to this conference 5 minutes ago. I have no experience, and I strongly suspect you don't either, to substantiate your "likely" scenarios.

I also have a hard time believing that Pete somehow knows how to read the academic issues better than most of other Pac 12 coaches. Pete is not recruiting to Stanford. That is a different animal altogether. Quit trying to act like the situations are even remotely similar. Fuck you guys have a man-crush on this dude, and it's so fucking predictable. None of these arguments would be made if he weren't winning.

If Pete needs someone and is convinced the kid is an elite talent, he'll go after him and make it work. If he chooses to not make it work, I would better guess it has to do with easier or better alternatives. I'm guessing the same is true at Oregon and with us? at WSU.

There is a bigger academic profile difference between UW and UCLA than there is between UW and Oregon or WSU. If UCLA can get a dummy, UW can get a dummy.

If we're just talking about handicapping some kid's odds of qualifying, I'm pretty sure you? don't have the only coach outside of Palo Alto who knows how to do it.
    edited June 2017

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

This is what I mean. You assume a lot of shit about Pete you probably don't quite know. Maybe it's because he looks and sounds like the kind of guy who has credibility to you. It doesn't mean shit when it comes to this business. You also assume a lot of shit about Willie, who just got to this conference 5 minutes ago. I have no experience, and I strongly suspect you don't either, to substantiate your "likely" scenarios.

I also have a hard time believing that Pete somehow knows how to read the academic issues better than most of other Pac 12 coaches. Pete is not recruiting to Stanford. That is a different animal altogether. Quit trying to act like the situations are even remotely similar. Fuck you guys have a man-crush on this dude, and it's so fucking predictable. None of these arguments would be made if he weren't winning.

If Pete needs someone and is convinced the kid is an elite talent, he'll go after him and make it work. If he chooses to not make it work, I would better guess it has to do with easier or better alternatives. I'm guessing the same is true at Oregon and with us? at WSU.

There is a bigger academic profile difference between UW and UCLA than there is between UW and Oregon or WSU. If UCLA can get a dummy, UW can get a dummy.

If we're just talking about handicapping some kid's odds of qualifying, I'm pretty sure you? don't have the only coach outside of Palo Alto who knows how to do it.
    @creepycoug
    Confused. How does mobility have anything to do with academics?
    NVM whooosh
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,108
    edited August 2017
    Just named a Max Preps Pre-season All-American per F3
  • HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170

Strange considering he's never played OT in a game before.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Why would he ever want to leave Tucson?

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Coach Mike Leach included?
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Strange considering he's never played OT in a game before.
    Stan Empterman was a converted QB.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Matteo Mele is the right tackle in this clip...

Their RB is also a big time prospect that we've offered, 2020 class I believe.
    Omg we should be concerned he is playing right tackle
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Did you know his grandpa was an all conference lineman for Arizona (pre PAC) and both his parents went to Arizona?

http://tucson.com/sports/highschool/salpointe-catholic-s-matteo-mele-the-big-man-on-campus/article_cb64f3a7-68ae-52d3-8337-9ac5d9da4c99.html

I feel their pain.