Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Everyone just forgets about Kawhi

123457»

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Dejounte and Kawhi in 2 years is going to be ridiculous.

I'm not sure what to think about this ...

I love the fact that Murray isn't scared of the moment ... that tells me that he's going to have a fighting chance in the league ...

But43 he needs to be able to shoot the basketball ... most of his baskets right now are coming from being on the weakside rotations and teams being ok with him shooting it.
    Kawhi couldn't shoot when he got to the league either.
    Night and day difference ...

If I'm betting I think Murray will make it ... he could be the next version of Parker for them. But he's got to be able to at minimum get to the point where that mid-range jumper becomes close to automatic for him or teams are just going to give him anything he wants outside of the lane.
    Kawhi had about a 3% better FG% in college but about 4% worse 3 than Dejounte. That is not "night and day difference".
    Kawhi has improved tremendously ... but at the same time, I had a very high opinion of him going into his NBA career. You could tell he was a winner in college and would put in the work necessary to become a solid NBA player.

Like I said, I'd be willing to say that Murray will get there ... but to say he's anywhere close to where Leonard was coming out of college and into the NBA ... just not the fact.
    Murray's also the same age as Leonard was a sophomore in college. By that token he's a far better three point shooter than Leonard was at the same stage.

The idea that rookie Leonard was a night and day better shooter than Murray is false.

Murray will probably never be the defender that rookie Leonard was but most won't.
    By what measure is Murray a better shooter than Leonard was?

He played 322 minutes as a rookie and shot 43% from the field ... are you basing this on the 22 3's he shot? How about the 44.6% he shot in the D-League this season? Or are you looking at the 41.6% from the field he shot in college ... largely because his jumper was broken and his shot selection was suspect (as it is for most young kids).

At least compared to a guy like Tony Wroten you can see that Murray actually looks like he cares about getting better ... it's why I'd bet on the fact that he'd make it.

But thinking that Murray's going to be anywhere close to Leonard is smoking some serious shit ... so very unlikely that Murray's going to be one of the Top 3-5 players in the league.
    Holy shit no one has said anything close to that.

Cunt said Kawhi was a shit shooter like Murray when he entered the league. He was right. That's the only thing anyone has said comparing Kawhi to Murray. Nobody thinks Murray's going to be a top 5 player in the league. Where did you possibly even get that shit?
    And I've been accused of being the one comparing the two when I didn't bring Leonard up at all ... only when @CuntWaffle linked Leonard and Murray because of their shooting stats did any discussion of that start.

And you can say what you want, but Leonard was a better shooter coming into the league compared to Murray ... cite all the shooting %'s that you want ... but those SDSU teams sucked offensively for a lot of reasons and that had a lot to do with Leonard's shooting percentages ... yet Leonard led that team into the 2nd weekend of the NCAAs.

If the situation was reversed and I was the one that linked Leonard and Murray's shooting percentages, I'd be jumped on for suggesting that Murray would follow in Leonard's footsteps.

I've been extremely complementary of Murray ... some of you need to really dial back your whole "gotcha" mindset
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    I'm on page 3 of this thread and I can't wait for the ensuing meltdown.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I love the fact that Murray isn't scared of the moment ... that tells me that he's going to have a fighting chance in the league ...

But43 he needs to be able to shoot the basketball ... most of his baskets right now are coming from being on the weakside rotations and teams being ok with him shooting it.

If I'm betting I think Murray will make it ... he could be the next version of Parker for them. But he's got to be able to at minimum get to the point where that mid-range jumper becomes close to automatic for him or teams are just going to give him anything he wants outside of the lane.
    Kawhi had about a 3% better FG% in college but about 4% worse 3 than Dejounte. That is not "night and day difference".
    Kawhi has improved tremendously ... but at the same time, I had a very high opinion of him going into his NBA career. You could tell he was a winner in college and would put in the work necessary to become a solid NBA player.

Like I said, I'd be willing to say that Murray will get there ... but to say he's anywhere close to where Leonard was coming out of college and into the NBA ... just not the fact.
    Murray's also the same age as Leonard was a sophomore in college. By that token he's a far better three point shooter than Leonard was at the same stage.

The idea that rookie Leonard was a night and day better shooter than Murray is false.

Murray will probably never be the defender that rookie Leonard was but most won't.

He played 322 minutes as a rookie and shot 43% from the field ... are you basing this on the 22 3's he shot? How about the 44.6% he shot in the D-League this season? Or are you looking at the 41.6% from the field he shot in college ... largely because his jumper was broken and his shot selection was suspect (as it is for most young kids).

At least compared to a guy like Tony Wroten you can see that Murray actually looks like he cares about getting better ... it's why I'd bet on the fact that he'd make it.

But thinking that Murray's going to be anywhere close to Leonard is smoking some serious shit ... so very unlikely that Murray's going to be one of the Top 3-5 players in the league.

Cunt said Kawhi was a shit shooter like Murray when he entered the league. He was right. That's the only thing anyone has said comparing Kawhi to Murray. Nobody thinks Murray's going to be a top 5 player in the league. Where did you possibly even get that shit?
    And I've been accused of being the one comparing the two when I didn't bring Leonard up at all ... only when @CuntWaffle linked Leonard and Murray because of their shooting stats did any discussion of that start.

And you can say what you want, but Leonard was a better shooter coming into the league compared to Murray ... cite all the shooting %'s that you want ... but those SDSU teams sucked offensively for a lot of reasons and that had a lot to do with Leonard's shooting percentages ... yet Leonard led that team into the 2nd weekend of the NCAAs.

If the situation was reversed and I was the one that linked Leonard and Murray's shooting percentages, I'd be jumped on for suggesting that Murray would follow in Leonard's footsteps.

I've been extremely complementary of Murray ... some of you need to really dial back your whole "gotcha" mindset
    I seriously have no idea what you think you read in this thread.

Murray isn't going to be Kawhi.

Kawhi was a shit shooter when he came in. Just like Murray.

The end.
    They bill Murray as the future for the Spurs at PG, but I always thought his handles were a little herky jerky for an elite PG.

He's a great player and has a ton of upside, but I always feel like he's about to lose the ball.
    Compare him to Kyrie, Paul, Curry, etc. and at this point it doesn't add up.

He's sort of like a shitty Westbrook to me, which is obviously better than most.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I like players that don't get hurt in the playoffs.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Doogles said:

They bill Murray as the future for the Spurs at PG, but I always thought his handles were a little herky jerky for an elite PG.

He's a great player and has a ton of upside, but I always feel like he's about to lose the ball.

He's sort of like a shitty Westbrook to me, which is obviously better than most.

dnc said:

Doogles said:

I'm sorry, I'm drunk.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,566 Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

Da fuq does Bill Murray have to do with anything?

Total consciousness?
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Fuck. See above. I was going down that path but got busy doing other shit. 53 seconds.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla decided to post for 2 pages and now this thread is shit.

Let's start it back up again: Lillard and Conley's ankles wouldn't have choked that hard.

Discuss
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Dig a little deeper.