Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Everyone just forgets about Kawhi

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    What's crazy reading this thread that so many people equate being the best player to being the player that would win in a game of 1 on 1 ... except that basketball is a 5 on 5 game and winning matters.

Durant was EASILY his most efficient this season ... if you want the one stat that for me is the most impressive it is that his turnovers from bad passes went down from 100 last year to 19 this year ...

The whole Curry/Thompson/Green arguments of where they fall in the best players in the league is comical to me as well. The thought of any of them being glorified role players is also a literal LOL .. part of winning is sacrificing personal gain to better the team. The threat of Curry shooting is at times as powerful as his actual ability to do so ... to me, that's a sign of an elite offensive player in that they can control the game without even shooting. Green is the glue that holds the entire team together (along with Iguodala) with the versatility to do whatever needs to be done on THAT night to win games. He's as versatile of a defender in the league and on a team where the top 3 players are quiet and generally not confused with aggressive alpha males personalities on the court ... Green makes up for it and his energy can pull the team up when they need a swift kick in the ass. Thompson is the one that has sacrificed the most. He's an elite shooter and defender that has shifted the balance of his scoring to be the #1 option on the bench unit while locking down the opposition's best perimeter scorer for the bulk of the game. Anybody that thinks that his offensive skill is just that of being a great role player doesn't know shit IMO.

The best players in the league right now:

1) LBJ
    2) Durant
    3) Leonard
    4) Curry
    5) Harden
    6) Westbrook
    7) Irving (when engaged)
    8) Greek Freak
    9) Green
    10) Thompson
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Stop with this whole Durant is the 4th best player on his team. Just stop.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

It's a joke.

We know he is better than Klay.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

What's crazy reading this thread that so many people equate being the best player to being the player that would win in a game of 1 on 1 ... except that basketball is a 5 on 5 game and winning matters.

Durant was EASILY his most efficient this season ... if you want the one stat that for me is the most impressive it is that his turnovers from bad passes went down from 100 last year to 19 this year ...

The whole Curry/Thompson/Green arguments of where they fall in the best players in the league is comical to me as well. The thought of any of them being glorified role players is also a literal LOL .. part of winning is sacrificing personal gain to better the team. The threat of Curry shooting is at times as powerful as his actual ability to do so ... to me, that's a sign of an elite offensive player in that they can control the game without even shooting. Green is the glue that holds the entire team together (along with Iguodala) with the versatility to do whatever needs to be done on THAT night to win games. He's as versatile of a defender in the league and on a team where the top 3 players are quiet and generally not confused with aggressive alpha males personalities on the court ... Green makes up for it and his energy can pull the team up when they need a swift kick in the ass. Thompson is the one that has sacrificed the most. He's an elite shooter and defender that has shifted the balance of his scoring to be the #1 option on the bench unit while locking down the opposition's best perimeter scorer for the bulk of the game. Anybody that thinks that his offensive skill is just that of being a great role player doesn't know shit IMO.

1) LBJ
    2) Durant
    3) Leonard
    4) Curry
    5) Harden
    6) Westbrook
    7) Irving (when engaged)
    8) Greek Freak
    9) Green
    10) Thompson

I don't hate that list but Thompson doesn't belong. He's in the 15-20 range.

Otherwise pretty solid.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    salemcoog said:

Yea he has Lamarcus as an anchor but he is a winner.

Not sure if he can beat the Rockets or Warriors.... but don't count out Popavich and the best defender in the NBA.

La Marcus sucks....

HTH
    BUMp!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited May 2017
    Tequilla said:

1) LBJ
    2) Durant
    3) Leonard
    4) Curry
    5) Harden
    6) Westbrook
    7) Irving (when engaged)
    8) Greek Freak
    9) Green
    10) Thompson

Not a bad list other than Irving. LeBron props him up.

I know Davis hasn't won, but he's better than a few of them as well.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,566 Standard Supporter
    edited May 2017
    I know I'm a pimp for Giannis but here's the real Greek Freak.

Edit:

Olga Famaki looks freakier.

• BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658

Mosster47 said:

1. LeBron
    2. Westbrook
    3. Unibrow
    4. Curry
    5. Beard
    6. Freak
    7. Green
    8. Leonard
    9. Cousins
    10. PG13

Lillard/Wall/Kyrie/Paul/Heyward/etc. are just outside.

There are 30 guys you could argue that are just outside.

Until Anthony Davis and Demarcus Cousins get out of the first round, or even make the playoffs in Cousins case, they're good stats bad team bums.
    Dont lump Anthony Davis with Boogie. The eye brow is legit and I remember him single handily try to take a playoff series away from the 2015 warriors

Edit:

i'd giannis her real quick
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,495 Founders Club

It's a joke.

We know he is better than Klay.
    And Klay is better than Curry
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,566 Standard Supporter

Edit:

i'd giannis her real quick
    I'm gonna change my user name to @PurpleAntetokounmpo

• allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

Mosster47 said:

1. LeBron
    2. Westbrook
    3. Unibrow
    4. Curry
    5. Beard
    6. Freak
    7. Green
    8. Leonard
    9. Cousins
    10. PG13

Until Anthony Davis and Demarcus Cousins get out of the first round, or even make the playoffs in Cousins case, they're good stats bad team bums.
    Dont lump Anthony Davis with Boogie. The eye brow is legit and I remember him single handily try to take a playoff series away from the 2015 warriors
    They got swept.
    Davis has a shitty team, but how are they really this bad with him on the team?

He seems like a perfect center for today's NBA, but at some point you have to win.

Mosster47 said:

1. LeBron
    2. Westbrook
    3. Unibrow
    4. Curry
    5. Beard
    6. Freak
    7. Green
    8. Leonard
    9. Cousins
    10. PG13

They got swept.
    The games were close. Just saying he'll be the best player in the league after LeBron falls off.

Davis has a shitty team, but how are they really this bad with him on the team?

He seems like a perfect center for today's NBA, but at some point you have to win.

True; plus his injury history prevents him from making the next step. I still believe he will though.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I feel vindicated.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Leonard's team sucks bump
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    I love the Spurs kicking the Warriors square in the cunt.
    haie said:

Leonard's team sucks bump

Coach is possibly the GOAT. Parker getting injured has been somewhat of a blessing. Mills is better and deserves more minutes and Murray gives them needed athleticism and length.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,502 Standard Supporter
    Late to the party, but it's fun to pile on. Leonard is 6th in the NBA in scoring, and that's what he's "worst" at. This is some tequila fucking stupid shit.