Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Everyone just forgets about Kawhi

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

I'm really surprised at how low most of you have Leonard. I'd have him 3rd behind Lebron and Durant. I really don't see how you have Westbrook and Harden ahead of him.

Westbrook and Harden have complete shit tier teams around them. Westbrook's literally cannot score when he is off the court, and Harden's is looking to beat him with a tiny roster, essentially no center either.

Westbrook has a good coach but Harden has Mike "shoot it within 5 seconds every possession you faggots" D'Antoni.

Leonard's defense is easily top 5 but after seeing him with a veteran roster and a hall of fame coach and organization for a few years now, I'll take the other guys.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

What the fuck does Leonard have around him? He's got the Spurs infrastructure, I'll give you that, but Lamarcus Aldridge and Danny Green as your second and third best players? They won 60 games!

The Thunder roster is no doubt worse but I have a problem with the complaints about Houstons roster. It's not great by any means but it's built for Harden to be great. Give Kawhi a bunch of 3 point shooters and Mike Dantoni and his offensive numbers would sky rocket.

They're a veteran group with a coach whose only flaw is the fact that he looks like he'll keel over tomorrow. Aldridge may be a loser but the aggregate with their other role players is a markedly better roster. You brought up Green, but they always have guys like Patty Mills that kill you when it counts. Gasol has been a champion, obviously. This "He's done" shit often dies down because you're not grinding through 82 games with back-to-backs.

That Houston is team fucking dreck compared to SA. They are incredibly short, no center, they basically rely on Ne Ne to come off the bench for boards. I've watched a shit ton of Houston this year, and in person every time they came to Portland. It's Harden and Ariza.

I will give them credit for showing more balls in the series than SA who looks unwilling to go get slaughtered in the next round.

We're talking about Leonard in the top 10, and it's a debate without even bringing up Curry. I just don't like what I see from Leonard offensively, during elite play. With a team that isn't Portland he will get shut the fuck down by starters and bench players alike, but I get that people value his defense as much as they do.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I'm really surprised at how low most of you have Leonard. I'd have him 3rd behind Lebron and Durant. I really don't see how you have Westbrook and Harden ahead of him.

I don't see how you have Durant in the top 2 when he's the fourth best player on his own team.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Finally a good game in the playoffs. I don't think either SA or Houston can beat Golden State more than once.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Finally a good game in the playoffs. I don't think either SA or Houston can beat Golden State more than once.

The playoffs don't start until June
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

I don't see how you have Durant in the top 2 when he's the fourth best player on his own team.
    Who do you have ahead of him? Klay, Draymond and...? Javale?
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    No respect for any bigs...SAD!

Cousins, Davis, Greek Freak...

Greek Freak isn't really a big. He's making a move. Davis is good, but how high can you rank a guy that isn't won?

The real big is Embiid if he ever stays healthy, which he won't.

Greek Freak isn't really a big. He's making a move. Davis is good, but how high can you rank a guy that isn't won?

Irregardless, there are guards that Leonard can't touch, and bigs that make a bigger impact for their team.

There is no way he is top 5 (LeBron, Durrant, Westbrook, Curry, Harden) and it's not hard to find 5+ guys I'd rather have.

Like I said, good player, plays on a good team with a great coach. Not top 10. He's a jack of all trades, but a master of none.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,566 Standard Supporter

I gave love to all of them.

But that's because I actually watch basketball. Probably more than I masturbate and slightly less than I breathe.

Boogie could be top 5 to 7 but he's a nutcase.

But that's because I actually watch basketball. Probably more than I masturbate and slightly less than I breathe.

WARNED

WARNED
    For beating off or watching basketball?

Abundance.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

Irregardless, there are guards that Leonard can't touch, and bigs that make a bigger impact for their team.

There is no way he is top 5 (LeBron, Durrant, Westbrook, Curry, Harden) and it's not hard to find 5+ guys I'd rather have.

Like I said, good player, plays on a good team with a great coach. Not top 10. He's a jack of all trades, but a master of none.
    With all due respect, this is the single dumbest thing I have ever read.
    After LeBron, it's really just subjective bullshit. However, I don't see how a 25 point scorer that happens to be an annual DPOY candidate, and plays on a winning team is not top 10.
  • BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    You baka,

Kawaii Leonard owns

You baka,

Kawaii Leonard owns

Upvoted for the use of baka.

One of my two dads was stationed in Japan during the Korean War. He subsequently taught us the use of several key Japanese phrases. Baka-tare was one of the most frequent.

• IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    edited May 2017

Put Karl-Anthony Towns on any of the remaining playoff teams and they beat Golden State 34-17 easily.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

Yea he has Lamarcus as an anchor but he is a winner.

Not sure if he can beat the Rockets or Warriors.... but don't count out Popavich and the best defender in the NBA.

La Marcus sucks....

HTH
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

haie said:

He's not willing the spurs to anything special and at the end of the day they need LaMarculous to not be LaMarculous.

The Spurs are without Tony Parker and play Ginobli and David Lee solid minutes. I love Ginobili, but he's done.
    BUMP!!!!!