Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Horace "Bru" McCoy, 2019 5* OLB/WR, Santa Ana (Mater Dei), CA (LOL)

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited October 2018
    Gladstone said:

Crawfish said:

There’s a lot of doom and gloom around here considering HH never thought Tuitele would come to UW, or we? would get serious consideration from McCoy or To’oto’o, so take a minute and remember that we? signed the best DT in Cali last year, have a commitment from 3/4 of the best DT this year (again one being the best in Cali, and one the best player in Hawaii,) we? have the most outrageous DB room in the country, the OL recruiting took off, and we? are still in play on some of the top players in the west who are all planning on committing later in the season. We? will never sign a buck, but in all seriousness if we? land a surprise like Latu or To’oto’on it wouldn’t even be that much of a shock considering how strong the class is, and how we? finished last years recruiting cycle. At this point in time, I’m more concerned with the product on the field, because that will sell the last few holdouts better than being better salesman than Oregon.

This bored is Some poasters are bi-polar. When we get good news (Buelow makes it official!) we talk about the potentially greatest UW class of all time. When we get bad news ("The storm is coming" never materialized) we talk about how we'll never sign a decent BUCK, ever.

Later. Rinse. Repeat.
    Things haven't changed with me. I said this would be a monster class. It's going to be. My only concern now is that we whiff on Buck again like last year.
    This whole situation with the BUCK position reminds me when HH was worried about the lack of recruiting DTs over the pass couple of years.

In the end, Gaines decided to stay an extra year and the DT recruiting picked up and HH is not worried anymore.

I have a feeling the BUCK situation will resolve itself in time.
    The BUCK issues are a much longer trend than DT was.

I don't think this is an overreaction like the DT panic was.
    You think the DT panic was an overreaction?
    98% of this bored wanted to fire Malloe (myself chincluded)

Praise Allah Pete didn't react the way this bored did.

Of course it was an overreaction.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    @Dennis_DeYoung

Mykael Wright: No, fucked up his grades. Not an option.
    Jeremiah Criddell: No, not good enough
    Jayvaun Wilson: No, not good enough at RB.
    Mycah Pittman: Good player but didn't have a committable offer when he wanted to commit.
    Sean Dollars: Cam Davis is better. Dollars was dropped after he committed.

...and we are still recruiting (or would love to have):

Mase Funa: Serious knee injury, will sit out his entire Senior season. May never be the same player again. UW's not recruiting him and would not take his commitment today.
    Jonah Tauanu'u: Good player but not as athletic as Fautanu or Luciano. UW's not recruiting him. Only lineman they're still recruiting are Rhyan and maybe Vimahi.
    Patrick Herbert: Never offered
    Treven Ma'ae: #4 Buck target behind Foskey, Latu, and Trice. If UW doesn't get any of those guys then sure, that's a win for Oregon but it isn't right now.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

If you look at Oregon's class vs. ours here's how I feel:

QB = push.
    RB = I like Davis better, but it's close.
    WR = Ducks
    TE = Ducks

OL = UW, but their class is good
    DL = UW all day, every day.
    BUCK = Ducks
    LB = UW
    DB = UW given that Wright won't qualify.

WR: Their top WR's are UW leftovers after we passed. They are taking more WR's so naturally they will have a stronger WR class. UW still has a chance to add another WR to this class.

TE: UW doesn't have one yet.

Buck: UW isn't done recruiting Buck yet.

When both classes are signed UW has a reasonable chance to have a better class than Oregon across the board.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I expect a woof soon he just committed
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,889
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

Crawfish said:

There’s a lot of doom and gloom around here considering HH never thought Tuitele would come to UW, or we? would get serious consideration from McCoy or To’oto’o, so take a minute and remember that we? signed the best DT in Cali last year, have a commitment from 3/4 of the best DT this year (again one being the best in Cali, and one the best player in Hawaii,) we? have the most outrageous DB room in the country, the OL recruiting took off, and we? are still in play on some of the top players in the west who are all planning on committing later in the season. We? will never sign a buck, but in all seriousness if we? land a surprise like Latu or To’oto’on it wouldn’t even be that much of a shock considering how strong the class is, and how we? finished last years recruiting cycle. At this point in time, I’m more concerned with the product on the field, because that will sell the last few holdouts better than being better salesman than Oregon.

This bored is Some poasters are bi-polar. When we get good news (Buelow makes it official!) we talk about the potentially greatest UW class of all time. When we get bad news ("The storm is coming" never materialized) we talk about how we'll never sign a decent BUCK, ever.

Later. Rinse. Repeat.
    Things haven't changed with me. I said this would be a monster class. It's going to be. My only concern now is that we whiff on Buck again like last year.
    This whole situation with the BUCK position reminds me when HH was worried about the lack of recruiting DTs over the pass couple of years.

In the end, Gaines decided to stay an extra year and the DT recruiting picked up and HH is not worried anymore.

I have a feeling the BUCK situation will resolve itself in time.
    The BUCK issues are a much longer trend than DT was.

I don't think this is an overreaction like the DT panic was.
    You think the DT panic was an overreaction?
    98% of this bored wanted to fire Malloe (myself chincluded)

Praise Allah Pete didn't react the way this bored did.

Of course it was an overreaction.
    No one ever over reacts here... I don’t overreact. Do you over react?

Wtf are you talking about, overreacting.
    Damn it, how do I get to the aurora bridge.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Dear Bru,

Can you please come play BUCK? If you could that would great. It would prevent no less than 48 sucides. Thanks (Lumberg voice).
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Another CB to USC from a Texas A&M insider.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Crawfish said:

Another CB to USC from a Texas A&M insider.

I'm sure he's more than fine with being Juju Smith-Schuster 2.0. Sucks for Texas, I guess. We never had a chance.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Just got a CB from the Texas mod after the Oklahoma win.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Hooorning it up after the RRSO
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Cute overreaction. Still, we wouldn't use Bru as well as Texas uses Lil'Jordan Humphrey. You could see Bru playing that role for them.
  • Options
    WHSClassof2011WHSClassof2011 Member Posts: 55
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Bru was throwing up dubs before his game last week. He not gone?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Domicillo said:
    Sweatpants tightened immediately.

Although Roof's "may be in the works" could mean he said, "yeah, I'm not planning on visiting UW again but I guess there's a chance I could get up there"