Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Horace "Bru" McCoy, 2019 5* OLB/WR, Santa Ana (Mater Dei), CA (LOL)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Hey

There’s a lot of doom and gloom around here considering HH never thought Tuitele would come to UW, or we? would get serious consideration from McCoy or To’oto’o, so take a minute and remember that we? signed the best DT in Cali last year, have a commitment from 3/4 of the best DT this year (again one being the best in Cali, and one the best player in Hawaii,) we? have the most outrageous DB room in the country, the OL recruiting took off, and we? are still in play on some of the top players in the west who are all planning on committing later in the season. We? will never sign a buck, but in all seriousness if we? land a surprise like Latu or To’oto’on it wouldn’t even be that much of a shock considering how strong the class is, and how we? finished last years recruiting cycle. At this point in time, I’m more concerned with the product on the field, because that will sell the last few holdouts better than being better salesman than Oregon.

We have 3 recruiters that fuck on major level. Unfortunately they don’t recruit WR, LB
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited October 2018

Hey

There’s a lot of doom and gloom around here considering HH never thought Tuitele would come to UW, or we? would get serious consideration from McCoy or To’oto’o, so take a minute and remember that we? signed the best DT in Cali last year, have a commitment from 3/4 of the best DT this year (again one being the best in Cali, and one the best player in Hawaii,) we? have the most outrageous DB room in the country, the OL recruiting took off, and we? are still in play on some of the top players in the west who are all planning on committing later in the season. We? will never sign a buck, but in all seriousness if we? land a surprise like Latu or To’oto’on it wouldn’t even be that much of a shock considering how strong the class is, and how we? finished last years recruiting cycle. At this point in time, I’m more concerned with the product on the field, because that will sell the last few holdouts better than being better salesman than Oregon.

We have 3 recruiters that fuck on major level. Unfortunately they don’t recruit WR, LB
    If you had to pick what positions you wanted your best recruiters I think we have them at 4 of the 5 most important spots. You'd probably rank them something like this (with 2-4 being somewhat interchangeable).

QB
    DL
    OL
    Edge
    DB

WR, ILB, RB and TE would all come after those 4, IMO.
  • Options

Hey

If you had to pick what positions you wanted your best recruiters I think we have them at 4 of the 5 most important spots. You'd probably rank them something like this (with 2-4 being somewhat interchangeable).

QB
    DL
    OL
    Edge
    DB

We don’t have to choose. Stop being a fucking Doog.
    No one is arguing we shouldn't get more, I was specifically addressing WAC's point that we have 3 recruiters who fuck (actually 4) but "unfortunately they aren't at WR or LB". Given that amount, we have them where we want them. Of course I'd like more recruiters who fuck.

Try to read for context once in your life instead of just jumping to canned DDY rant. kthxbye.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This bored is Some poasters are bi-polar. When we get good news (Buelow makes it official!) we talk about the potentially greatest UW class of all time. When we get bad news ("The storm is coming" never materialized) we talk about how we'll never sign a decent BUCK, ever.

Later. Rinse. Repeat.
    Things haven't changed with me. I said this would be a monster class. It's going to be. My only concern now is that we whiff on Buck again like last year.
  • Options

This bored is Some poasters are bi-polar. When we get good news (Buelow makes it official!) we talk about the potentially greatest UW class of all time. When we get bad news ("The storm is coming" never materialized) we talk about how we'll never sign a decent BUCK, ever.

Later. Rinse. Repeat.
    Things haven't changed with me. I said this would be a monster class. It's going to be. My only concern now is that we whiff on Buck again like last year.
    Agreed, it's going to be a great class. I think it will be a tick under last year's (though probably right there with it once you subtract Kaho, RIP), though if we pull a miracle with Bru or Ford it could surpass last year even.
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Later. Rinse. Repeat.
    This whole situation with the BUCK position reminds me when HH was worried about the lack of recruiting DTs over the pass couple of years.

In the end, Gaines decided to stay an extra year and the DT recruiting picked up and HH is not worried anymore.

I have a feeling the BUCK situation will resolve itself in time.
  • Options

Crawfish said:

Later. Rinse. Repeat.
    This whole situation with the BUCK position reminds me when HH was worried about the lack of recruiting DTs over the pass couple of years.

In the end, Gaines decided to stay an extra year and the DT recruiting picked up and HH is not worried anymore.

The BUCK issues are a much longer trend than DT was.

I don't think this is an overreaction like the DT panic was.
    I have full confidence Ariel Ngata is going to become a stud. He's already showing flashes of what he can do.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

Later. Rinse. Repeat.

I have full confidence Ariel Ngata is going to become a stud. He's already showing flashes of what he can do.
    And if he gets injured? Who else is on the roster that you have "full confidence to become a stud"? We are past the point where having 1 deep at a position is "good enough".

We're also talking recruiting so fast forward 2-3 years. If Ngata is a stud he may be gone. Who else do we have to replace him?
  • Options

Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

Later. Rinse. Repeat.

And if he gets injured? Who else is on the roster that you have "full confidence to become a stud"? We are past the point where having 1 deep at a position is "good enough".

We're also talking recruiting so fast forward 2-3 years. If Ngata is a stud he may be gone. Who else do we have to replace him?
    Zion Tupuola-Fetui. Over the summer there was a couple work out clips with Tracy Ford and he looks good.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

Later. Rinse. Repeat.

Zion Tupuola-Fetui. Over the summer there was a couple work out clips with Tracy Ford and he looks good.
    He's going to be a DT big body power type with hand in the grass, not a Ngata stand up speed off the edge type. That's what I see anyways. He'll be great but he's not what we are talking about for Buck.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

Later. Rinse. Repeat.

He's going to be a DT big body power type with hand in the grass, not a Ngata stand up speed off the edge type. That's what I see anyways. He'll be great but he's not what we are talking about for Buck.
    He looks decent moving in space based on his film, given how bad buck recruiting has been I try him at buck first. He is a project anyways, he would take 2-3 years to develop anyways
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Hey

QB
    DL
    OL
    Edge
    DB

We don’t have to choose. Stop being a fucking Doog.
    No one is arguing we shouldn't get more, I was specifically addressing WAC's point that we have 3 recruiters who fuck (actually 4) but "unfortunately they aren't at WR or LB". Given that amount, we have them where we want them. Of course I'd like more recruiters who fuck.

Try to read for context once in your life instead of just jumping to canned DDY rant. kthxbye.
    DL is the most important (across all 3 or 4 positions). Give me a stellar defensive line and a serviceable QB who doesn't do stupid shit.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294

Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

Crawfish said:

Later. Rinse. Repeat.

Yeah he's probably not going to be a 3rd down buck, but he could easily be a base OLB. String is a base sam half the time, we can't play everyone at DT.