Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Darien Chase, 2019 4* CB, Vancouver (Union), WA (Offered 4/30)

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

Our boy Xkj came back today in a big way

What a wild opinion.

First off, while my opinion was harsh on the way I see certain things in the program, at no point did I disrespect or demean any member of your user base so let's get that clear right off the bat.

Secondly, I won't apologize to you or anybody else about not viewing every single thing in the program with a 100% full glass and everything is fantastic.

I've been a long time member over at 247 and post there as well and while they have the same disease this board has (shutting down opiniated posters who aren't 100% doogin')----Kim likes to threaten the whole "putting baby in the forner/timeout" to grown adults and while it's silly it is worse here.

There is a reason you have to bribe people to post here and even with that, you still only have 5....6 consistent posters. If you try to bottle up opinions then what is the point of a discussion board? At no point was I doing anything more than having what I viewed as an engaging discussion and it's just wild you me that you squashed that. Again, if I was calling members names or being a general disrespectful ******* then sure, I'd get it but that wasn't happening at any point.

I said I wouldn't post anymore and just let my membership lapse until the 12th when it expires but I wasn't about to let you or anyone else sit there and say I was offending/disrespecting your userbase.

If they don't like my opinions then that's their prerogative but to somehow come out of that with the opinion that I was disrespecting/demeaning your paying userbase is flat out false.

First of all, I don't "bribe" people to post here -- I don't give out free subs or anything else. I don't make up fake aliases to keep the board working and don't manipulate these boards. The contest we ran was to really get this community more engaged -- customer engagement is extremely important to the success of any business.

We have been doing absolutely amazing in our numbers and customer sign ups, subscription numbers, stats, etc. And I wanted to take it a step further while also giving something BACK to the people who have been steadfast with us as we transitioned off of 247 and back into the independent model.

You might not think you insult and disrespect people here, but not everyone that reads this board is a poster either. We have a bunch of player's parents, coaches, recruit's parents, and others who subscribe here and read this board.

And besides, this site isn't about the message boards -- it's about content. If there's something positive to say, I say it. If not, I don't. If UW has a shot at someone, I say they have a shot. If they don't -- I don't. People have it backwards, usually they focus more on the the negative things you say and call you out for it -- but for me it's been about calling me out just for saying positive things and not enough negative things. I don't know where you've been but I've said plenty of times "That kid is never going to UW" or "He isn't looking at UW at all right now".

As for McCoy -- he called me -- he doesn't call anyone. Does that mean anything? Probably not, but the networks didn't have him as listing UW as "Warm" and yet he told me, straight up, he is more focusedon UW, USC, and Texas. Is he a liar? Well, if he takes a visit to UW I'd say they're definitely in it. I have a source who talks to Bru's dad and UW is very much in the mix here -- But you spread a lot of negativity around here and that's not what this site is about -- it's not what I'm about.

So I appreciate all the discussion here, and usually don't squash opinions. But sometimes your post just seemed aimed at throwing cold water on everything I wrote about any recruit.

So if you want to tone that attacking attitude down, you're welcome to post here -- but if you continue to just poopoo everything I post or anyone else who knows the sky isn't falling's post, then you don't fit in well around here and would do better to go to a board like the Hardcore Husky site where vulgarity rules the day, or the Dawgman board where all they talk about all day is the Ducks.

More Free Pub!!!!

TL;DR - Parents read these boreds.
    In addition to "parents reads these boreds," she also worked in a "subscriptions have never been higher." Top shelf work from Kim Roof.
    If I'm following correctly an 17 year old child with no interest in UW at all from Los Angeles somehow has the phone number of a geriatric woman from Seattle to tell her that the interest level she showed from him on a website no one knows about (I'm literally a professional UW troll and I have no idea what her site is called) was inaccurate?

sure.gif
    That pretty much sums it up. She might be a little insane. Still better than Dawgman though.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

What a wild opinion.

First off, while my opinion was harsh on the way I see certain things in the program, at no point did I disrespect or demean any member of your user base so let's get that clear right off the bat.

Secondly, I won't apologize to you or anybody else about not viewing every single thing in the program with a 100% full glass and everything is fantastic.

I've been a long time member over at 247 and post there as well and while they have the same disease this board has (shutting down opiniated posters who aren't 100% doogin')----Kim likes to threaten the whole "putting baby in the forner/timeout" to grown adults and while it's silly it is worse here.

There is a reason you have to bribe people to post here and even with that, you still only have 5....6 consistent posters. If you try to bottle up opinions then what is the point of a discussion board? At no point was I doing anything more than having what I viewed as an engaging discussion and it's just wild you me that you squashed that. Again, if I was calling members names or being a general disrespectful ******* then sure, I'd get it but that wasn't happening at any point.

I said I wouldn't post anymore and just let my membership lapse until the 12th when it expires but I wasn't about to let you or anyone else sit there and say I was offending/disrespecting your userbase.

If they don't like my opinions then that's their prerogative but to somehow come out of that with the opinion that I was disrespecting/demeaning your paying userbase is flat out false.

First of all, I don't "bribe" people to post here -- I don't give out free subs or anything else. I don't make up fake aliases to keep the board working and don't manipulate these boards. The contest we ran was to really get this community more engaged -- customer engagement is extremely important to the success of any business.

We have been doing absolutely amazing in our numbers and customer sign ups, subscription numbers, stats, etc. And I wanted to take it a step further while also giving something BACK to the people who have been steadfast with us as we transitioned off of 247 and back into the independent model.

You might not think you insult and disrespect people here, but not everyone that reads this board is a poster either. We have a bunch of player's parents, coaches, recruit's parents, and others who subscribe here and read this board.

And besides, this site isn't about the message boards -- it's about content. If there's something positive to say, I say it. If not, I don't. If UW has a shot at someone, I say they have a shot. If they don't -- I don't. People have it backwards, usually they focus more on the the negative things you say and call you out for it -- but for me it's been about calling me out just for saying positive things and not enough negative things. I don't know where you've been but I've said plenty of times "That kid is never going to UW" or "He isn't looking at UW at all right now".

As for McCoy -- he called me -- he doesn't call anyone. Does that mean anything? Probably not, but the networks didn't have him as listing UW as "Warm" and yet he told me, straight up, he is more focusedon UW, USC, and Texas. Is he a liar? Well, if he takes a visit to UW I'd say they're definitely in it. I have a source who talks to Bru's dad and UW is very much in the mix here -- But you spread a lot of negativity around here and that's not what this site is about -- it's not what I'm about.

So I appreciate all the discussion here, and usually don't squash opinions. But sometimes your post just seemed aimed at throwing cold water on everything I wrote about any recruit.

So if you want to tone that attacking attitude down, you're welcome to post here -- but if you continue to just poopoo everything I post or anyone else who knows the sky isn't falling's post, then you don't fit in well around here and would do better to go to a board like the Hardcore Husky site where vulgarity rules the day, or the Dawgman board where all they talk about all day is the Ducks.

More Free Pub!!!!

In addition to "parents reads these boreds," she also worked in a "subscriptions have never been higher." Top shelf work from Kim Roof.
    If I'm following correctly an 17 year old child with no interest in UW at all from Los Angeles somehow has the phone number of a geriatric woman from Seattle to tell her that the interest level she showed from him on a website no one knows about (I'm literally a professional UW troll and I have no idea what her site is called) was inaccurate?

sure.gif
    Yes, that's exactly what happened. And your point is?
    I find it hard to believe that we don't have room for Chase. Ektard (I know lol) says KFab is going to play S/Nickel so we currently have 0 CB commits. Miller is graduating and Murphy is likely gone, we're going to need at least 1 more DB in this class if not 2. Maybe they have McDuffie higher on their board but that kid is months away from a decision.
  • ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I find it hard to believe that we don't have room for Chase. Ektard (I know lol) says KFab is going to play S/Nickel so we currently have 0 CB commits. Miller is graduating and Murphy is likely gone, we're going to need at least 1 more DB in this class if not 2. Maybe they have McDuffie higher on their board but that kid is months away from a decision.

Maybe that’s the plan to sell Ringo and Ricks on early playing time across from each other
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Wait, Ruth lives in Liberty Lake?! This explains so much. She's practically a North Idaho dogmatist, with great taste in nature.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

So big balls Pete and Lake will wait for McDuffie to make a decision.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

What a wild opinion.

More Free Pub!!!!

sure.gif
    Yes, that's exactly what happened. And your point is?
    Oh, I didn't have one. I just wanted to make sure I was following the plot correctly.
    From Huffman

Right now, it sounds like Chase may have waited too long on the two NW programs, and room is filling up, so I think Utah and/or Boise State could be in position to land him.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nurple said:

My fear is my daughter becomes one of @Swaye boob gifs on here.

Fake news! Being a Swaye boob gif is an honor!
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Nurple said:

My fear is my daughter becomes one of @Swaye boob gifs on here.

Fake news! Being a Swaye boob gif is an honor!
    Great post. Great poster.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    Through my deep Vancouver roots I've been able to get some insider info on this kid.

Per a family member, his dream offer is UCLA, and he will commit on the spot if given one.

Also apparently holds several different black belts so that's cool too
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    At this point, I don't know who exactly we think we are in on for our 4th DB, but it seems like we're not going very hard after Chase
  • HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Wouldn't surprise me if we don't take another DB. We only have about 6 spots left in this class. 5 if Bandes jumps on board on Friday. We are stacked at DB.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Wouldn't surprise me if we don't take another DB. We only have about 6 spots left in this class. 5 if Bandes jumps on board on Friday. We are stacked at DB.

Losing a ton of DB's this class though.

I think we take 4.