Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Richard "Fig" Newton, 3* 2018 RB, Palmdale, CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

One of the best Husky's ever Jim Nevelle from the 91Nt'l Champ team was from Palmdale High School.....Also Tommie Smith was from the AV as well (Antelope Valley HS).....Richard is a great kid and will be an asset to any team he choses....Demario Richard was going to be a Husky until Sark left.....Huskies should have offered Dameon Baber a few years ago from Palmdale as well

OK!
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,412
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

^^^^^^^
    6 time Pro-Bowler Nate Newton.

And a very interesting life after football:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Newton#Life_after_football

Only 30 months for 388 pounds?! Fucking hell, he must've had one helluva an attorney.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

PM @FalconNation54 : @EllipsesDawg is still available, probably more your....speed.

Or, rather @ExtraPeriodEllipsesDawg
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

One of the best Husky's ever Jim Nevelle from the 91Nt'l Champ team was from Palmdale High School.....Also Tommie Smith was from the AV as well (Antelope Valley HS).....Richard is a great kid and will be an asset to any team he choses....Demario Richard was going to be a Husky until Sark left.....Huskies should have offered Dameon Baber a few years ago from Palmdale as well

LEAVE and take the other 53 @FalconNations with you
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    This highlight tape does nothing for me. What am I missing? His feet look horrible, but what the hell do I know?
  • Options
    tvoie said:

This highlight tape does nothing for me. What am I missing? His feet look horrible, but what the hell do I know?

Meh.

I think they like Pleasant and are trying to be clever in a down year.

He's okay, I guess.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

tvoie said:

Meh.

I think they like Pleasant and are trying to be clever in a down year.

He's okay, I guess.
    As long as we can get Austin Jones from Bishop O'Dowd in 2019 I'm not too worried about this year.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    @FKA_Mousecop is a special kind of special
  • Options
    As @CokeGreaterThanPepsi noted to me a couple days ago, we believe Newton might have waited too long to make his decision.

I think UW wanted him as a kind of '2nd' back while they pursued top kids. I think the UW coaches are feeling good enough about Chris Brown to de-offer Newton.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

As @CokeGreaterThanPepsi noted to me a couple days ago, we believe Newton might have waited too long to make his decision.

I think UW wanted him as a kind of '2nd' back while they pursued top kids. I think the UW coaches are feeling good enough about Chris Brown to de-offer Newton.

So how does a de-offer work? Do they actually reach out to the kid and say "you waited too long, we are rescinding your offer" or is it just a thing where they stop contacting him and assume he gets the hint?
  • Options
    dnc said:

So how does a de-offer work? Do they actually reach out to the kid and say "you waited too long, we are rescinding your offer" or is it just a thing where they stop contacting him and assume he gets the hint?
    This is a question for Myles Bryant.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Saw that someone is reporting that Newton is visiting on Monday. If true, I'm guessing that Pete wanted Brown but he said he isn't ready to commit and wants to take his time so the ball is back in Fig's court.

Yup, putting the heat on Brown, they must not have Fig Newton too far behind Brown on their bored.