Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Richard "Fig" Newton, 3* 2018 RB, Palmdale, CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    BallzDeep said:

NEsnake12 said:

BallzDeep said:

NEsnake12 said:

BallzDeep said:

NEsnake12 said:

BallzDeep said:

NEsnake12 said:

BallzDeep said:

NEsnake12 said:

In the 2015 class UW went after both Chris Warren and Myles Gaskin. Warren was the higher rated recruit and undeniably a "power back" at 6'3 240. His highlights were more him just running over people while Gaskin's showcased his vision and elusiveness a bit more. I think everyone on this bored would rather have Gaskin than Warren and wouldn't think twice about it.

FUCK NO! Warren is a fucking beast! I would trade him for Gaskin in a heart beat. Congratulations, you just won Doog of the year with that one.
    Wake me up when Chris Warren does anything against a remotely good defense.
    Up until this season he was a back up to another NFL talent in Deonte Foreman. I'll be sure to bump this thread when Warren is drafted ahead of Gaskin if Gaskin gets drafted at all. And yeah, Gaskin is running all over great defenses in the Pac-12. Those defenses for Oregon, Cal, Oregon State, Arizona, Arizona State, and WSU were all so good last season.
    You're missing the point. WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT THE NFL??? We're talking about college football. Gaskin is a better college back.

Warren ran over JV defenses in Texas Tech and Oklahoma St... then played decent against the Cal team you just trashed. Every other game was low YPC.

Like I said, wake me up when Chris Warren as a great performance against a legit defense like Gaskin did last year at Utah or in the Pac12 championship game against Colorado.
    Like I said, Warren was a back up to an NFL draft pick and still managed to have a couple of big games. Texas was also a bad team last season overall. Gaskin was in a much better situation. Gaskin had a good game against Utah. I'll give him that. Colorado's front seven was trash. That's not all that impressive. Gaskin doesn't suck. He's a good, solid college back against Pac-12 competition. But he gets tripped up easily, doesn't break many tackles, doesn't have elite speed, and he's not gonna carry a team on his back against playoff competition. It won't happen. I would have rather had Warren against Bama for sure.
    Colorado had the 44th best run defense in college football last year, was 6th in the Pac12 but still better than all but 1 Big12 team (Kansas St.). I'm sorry that you hate facts.
    Doesn't matter. Warren actually tore his PCL the 4th game of the season last year and was out the rest of the season. Before that he was running wild on those Big12 defenses. Colorado's run defense was not stout and Coleman ran it down their throats as well. Nothing Chris Warren couldn't have done if he was on our roster. Sorry your such a fucking doog you can't admit when other players are better than UW players. I would take Ronald Jones over Gaskin as well.
    Defense. Singular. Oklahoma St, who was ranked in the 80s overall for rush defense. Keep trying.
    How many times to I have to fucking say it before you get it RETARD! He was a fucking back up behind an NFL draft pick. It's the equivalent of Lavon Coleman have a break out game against Arizona and then tearing his knee up soon after that. Warren is better than Gaskin. Fucking get OVER it bitch or go back to eating Kim's ass on Doogman.
    YPC tells the story for backups. He only had 1 good YPC performance against a BAD Oklahoma St. defense. Honestly though...
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    BallzDeep said:

AIRWOLF said:

BallzDeep said:

AIRWOLF said:

BallzDeep said:

Hey guys I think Ballz is talking about big backs like Dewayne Washington, Ty Eriks, Rich Alexis, Albert Tuipolutu and Johnnie Kirton. He's on to something.

Not sure if many of you know this but Dewayne Washington had a well documented fumbling problem.
    Yes, let's just selectively look at the big backs UW has had in the past that sucked and then ignore the teams winning national championships who are all loaded with big backs. That's rational.
    I'd tear apart all of your bullshit piece by piece, except that it would be a waste of time because everybody here can see that you are just blurting out whatever retarded shit pops into your head. Everybody except for you, that is.

You do you, bro.

Full on cop out. You're on the losing side of an argument. You can't dispute that teams with a stable of big backs are the ones winning national championships. You sound like a pussy who's like "I would kick your ass man but you're not even worth it."
    You've put so many layers of stupid out here, I would need a shovel and a lot of time to clear it all up.

Another cop out and obvious deflection. Nice try though.
    How many of your stupid statements do you want me to destroy?

I took care of your core contention five hours ago.

Is this guy your hero?

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

AIRWOLF said:

BallzDeep said:

Hey guys I think Ballz is talking about big backs like Dewayne Washington, Ty Eriks, Rich Alexis, Albert Tuipolutu and Johnnie Kirton. He's on to something.

Not sure if many of you know this but Dewayne Washington had a well documented fumbling problem.
    Yes, let's just selectively look at the big backs UW has had in the past that sucked and then ignore the teams winning national championships who are all loaded with big backs. That's rational.
    I'd tear apart all of your bullshit piece by piece, except that it would be a waste of time because everybody here can see that you are just blurting out whatever retarded shit pops into your head. Everybody except for you, that is.

You do you, bro.

Full on cop out. You're on the losing side of an argument. You can't dispute that teams with a stable of big backs are the ones winning national championships. You sound like a pussy who's like "I would kick your ass man but you're not even worth it."
    He already listed 5 of the past 12 champions who didn't start big backs (by your definition).

He already won.
    Are you literally fucking retarded? He listed like three teams the past 20 years and they didn't win it with 190 lb backs. They were medium sized 200-215. His argument proves me right dumb fuck.
    He went back to 2005. That's 12 years ago, not twenty. He listed five teams. Programs and teams are not the same thing.

Hth but I know it won't.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Warren had chosen UW and stayed healthy he would be starting over Gaskin without question.

You know, we don't deal with hypotheticals around here
    BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

AIRWOLF said:

BallzDeep said:

You do you, bro.

He already listed 5 of the past 12 champions who didn't start big backs (by your definition).

He already won.
    Are you literally fucking retarded? He listed like three teams the past 20 years and they didn't win it with 190 lb backs. They were medium sized 200-215. His argument proves me right dumb fuck.
    He went back to 2005. That's 12 years ago, not twenty. He listed five teams. Programs and teams are not the same thing.

Hth but I know it won't.
    List their names and weights. How many of them were less than 200? Five teams out of the past 17 years have not won a national championship with a small RB as their starter. You're both full of shit.
    Your argument was not you cannot win with small backs. Your argument was you can only win with power backs. You lost. You moved the goalposts. You lost again.

And you've completely missed everything anyone else is saying to the point you took a grandpasankey joke to mean Chris warren had an eye injury.

Now more than ever before its time to step away from the keyboard, take a walk with the wife and get some perspective. But I'm sure you won't get that reference either.
    BallzDeep said:

BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

AIRWOLF said:

BallzDeep said:

You do you, bro.

He already won.

Hth but I know it won't.
    List their names and weights. How many of them were less than 200? Five teams out of the past 17 years have not won a national championship with a small RB as their starter. You're both full of shit.
    Your argument was not you cannot win with small backs. Your argument was you can only win with power backs. You lost. You moved the goalposts. You lost again.

And you've completely missed everything anyone else is saying to the point you took a grandpasankey joke to mean Chris warren had an eye injury.

Now more than ever before its time to step away from the keyboard, take a walk with the wife and get some perspective. But I'm sure you won't get that reference either.
    So out of the past 20 years the vast majority of national champions have had big backs as their starters and you say I lost and I'm wrong. Lol GTFO

Once again no one has gone back any further than 12 years. Feel free to fill in the extra eight. Until then claiming twenty is a lie.

Hth
    BallzDeep said:

AIRWOLF said:

BallzDeep said:

AIRWOLF said:

BallzDeep said:

AIRWOLF said:

BallzDeep said:

You do you, bro.

You've put so many layers of stupid out here, I would need a shovel and a lot of time to clear it all up.

Another cop out and obvious deflection. Nice try though.
    How many of your stupid statements do you want me to destroy?

I took care of your core contention five hours ago.

Is this guy your hero?

Cop out again. You have no argument to make. Big backs win championships. A couple of times the past two decades medium sized RB's won a championship. But NEVER small backs. Period. End of story. We need big backs who are good like Coleman and Polk.
    Six out of the last twelve isn't a couple times, dumbshit.

And I would be willing to bet that even the backs that you call "medium sized" were all under 200 pounds when they were in HS.

I love @BallzDeep - he's amazing. He's obviously stupid about big backs, but whatever.

Still... does anyone else get the feeling it's an alternate @Passion account he uses when he's coked up and can't resist using HH lingo?

It did dawn on me that he might have been wooshing (or Wooching) all of us after the fourth page of ridiculous drivel.

dnc said:

Pretty safe to say Richard Newton will never have a longer thread with his name on it than this one no matter where he goes.

I imagine poor Figgy clicking on this thread like, "damn! they are talking about me so much, I can't wait to hear what they said!!"

ALREADY RUSHED TO TWEET HIM HOW GREAT THIS THREAD IS!!
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2017
    dnc said:

Once again no one has gone back any further than 12 years. Feel free to fill in the extra eight. Until then claiming twenty is a lie.

Hth

Because I like stabbing myself in the eyes/knees...

2003 LSU: 5'10" 208 lb Justin Vincent splitting with 6' 205 lb Joseph Addai lsusports.net/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=27812&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200&SORT_ORDER=6&Q_SEASON=2003

2001 Miami: 5'11" 195 lb Clinton Portis hurricanesports.com/news/2002/3/18/205548421.aspx

2000 Oklahoma: 5'6" 190 lb Quentin Griffin soonerstats.com/football/players/roster.cfm?seasonid=2000#.WXqa0tQrJNB

1999 Florida State: 6'1" 190 lb Travis Minor nolefan.org/summary/f1999.html

Are we done here or should I keep going?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    BallzDeep said:

NEsnake12 said:

In the 2015 class UW went after both Chris Warren and Myles Gaskin. Warren was the higher rated recruit and undeniably a "power back" at 6'3 240. His highlights were more him just running over people while Gaskin's showcased his vision and elusiveness a bit more. I think everyone on this bored would rather have Gaskin than Warren and wouldn't think twice about it.

FUCK NO! Warren is a fucking beast! I would trade him for Gaskin in a heart beat. Congratulations, you just won Doog of the year with that one.
    This should have been the obvious "it's a whoosh" sign