Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OT: Seahawks

Comments

• dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Seahawks are 2nd youngest team, had injuries and it only took Carroll three years to turn it around and in year four look great.

Meanwhile UW 4th most experienced team in CFB, no injuries and in year 5 still mediocrity.

and Schneider/carroll inherited almost no talent
    seahawks core group right now
    Wilson
    Lynch
    Okung
    Unger
    Baldwin
    Tate
    Miller
    Mebane
    Clemons
    Bennett
    Wagner
    Wright
    Sherman
    Thomas
    Chancellor
    Browner
    out of all those 2 of them (unger, mebane) came from the previous regime, and Unger was terrible before cable arrived. Everyone points out how sark inherited no talent, Schneider/carroll inherited no talent
    JR Sweezy has turned into a savage run blocker as well and he played Defensive Tackle in college! Sweezy could end up being one of the best guards in the NFL in a year or two.

Walter Thurmond could start on a bunch of NFL teams at cornerback

Byron Maxwell is actually another pretty solid corner

Bruce Irvin has been getting better at linebacker now, he could eventually be similar to Von Miller.

Malcom Smith had a solid game at linebacker yesterday.

Every draft now I just assume every player we get is going to be good.
    Luke Willson is also looking to be an outstanding draft pick in the 5th round. Under the Ruskell era I had close to no excitement come draft time, now I'm watching every time the hawks are on the clock. They draft so well Michael hasn't even seen the field and I still think he's going to be a stud
    I think they want him to be their next franchise running back so they are going to give him as little carries as possible until they know Marshawn is done. Lynch only has a couple years left max from the way he runs.
    Turbin is probably better in pass protection and catching screens so he receives the backup carries. However if Lynch were to be to injured and when that time comes when he hits the wall I think Michael will be the guy.

Michael showed me a lot in preseason with his running power and quickness.

Luke Wilson will be the starting TE next year when Zach Miller becomes a salary cap casualty.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Seahawks are 2nd youngest team, had injuries and it only took Carroll three years to turn it around and in year four look great.

Meanwhile UW 4th most experienced team in CFB, no injuries and in year 5 still mediocrity.

Wilson
    Lynch
    Okung
    Unger
    Baldwin
    Tate
    Miller
    Mebane
    Clemons
    Bennett
    Wagner
    Wright
    Sherman
    Thomas
    Chancellor
    Browner
    out of all those 2 of them (unger, mebane) came from the previous regime, and Unger was terrible before cable arrived. Everyone points out how sark inherited no talent, Schneider/carroll inherited no talent
    JR Sweezy has turned into a savage run blocker as well and he played Defensive Tackle in college! Sweezy could end up being one of the best guards in the NFL in a year or two.

Bruce Irvin has been getting better at linebacker now, he could eventually be similar to Von Miller.

Luke Willson is also looking to be an outstanding draft pick in the 5th round. Under the Ruskell era I had close to no excitement come draft time, now I'm watching every time the hawks are on the clock. They draft so well Michael hasn't even seen the field and I still think he's going to be a stud
    I think they want him to be their next franchise running back so they are going to give him as little carries as possible until they know Marshawn is done. Lynch only has a couple years left max from the way he runs.
    Turbin is probably better in pass protection and catching screens so he receives the backup carries. However if Lynch were to be to injured and when that time comes when he hits the wall I think Michael will be the guy.

Michael showed me a lot in preseason with his running power and quickness.

Luke Wilson will be the starting TE next year when Zach Miller becomes a salary cap casualty.
    I think they need to keep Zach, he is the most underrated players on the team. He is the best blocking TE in the NFL. He isn't a glorified reciever like Graham, Cameron, Gronk etc, but he is really athletic and clutch for us. He is a top 3 TE imo because of how well he blocks.

Willson reminds me of a Jimmy Graham type of tight end. Except he is white so probably a slightly shitter version but still really good.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013

dhdawg said:

Wilson
    Lynch
    Okung
    Unger
    Baldwin
    Tate
    Miller
    Mebane
    Clemons
    Bennett
    Wagner
    Wright
    Sherman
    Thomas
    Chancellor
    Browner

The depth on the team is incredible. Lots of guys the Seahawks cut have gone on to sign with other teams. Jacksonville has signed 5 guys that have been cut by the Seahawks. The TE we had in training camp Sean McGrath is starting for the 6-0 Chiefs. We cut Clinton McDonald then re signed him a week later and he is making impact plays every single week. Not one guy on the defense is not a legit NFL starter. There are multiple back ups that could start for lots of other teams such as Thurmond, Maxwell, Avril, Smith (don't know if he will start when Wagner is back), and McDonald. None of those guys are marginal players. Cliff Avril was considered one of the top free agents on the market, and he doesn't even start.

It's still early in their run, and who they choose to re-sign in the next few years will be interesting, but right now, nobody is managing the roster as well as Schneider and Carroll.

• The Seahawks are going to have to shed some salary with some key guys as FA's why I think Miller, Rice and Red Bryant could be gone.

Browner and Thurmond are FA's as well wouldn't surprise me if this is Browners last year.

Gotta make sure you can keep Wilson, Sherman, Thomas and Okung.

dhdawg said:

Wilson
    Lynch
    Okung
    Unger
    Baldwin
    Tate
    Miller
    Mebane
    Clemons
    Bennett
    Wagner
    Wright
    Sherman
    Thomas
    Chancellor
    Browner

The depth on the team is incredible. Lots of guys the Seahawks cut have gone on to sign with other teams. Jacksonville has signed 5 guys that have been cut by the Seahawks. The TE we had in training camp Sean McGrath is starting for the 6-0 Chiefs. We cut Clinton McDonald then re signed him a week later and he is making impact plays every single week. Not one guy on the defense is not a legit NFL starter. There are multiple back ups that could start for lots of other teams such as Thurmond, Maxwell, Avril, Smith (don't know if he will start when Wagner is back), and McDonald. None of those guys are marginal players. Cliff Avril was considered one of the top free agents on the market, and he doesn't even start.

It's still early in their run, and who they choose to re-sign in the next few years will be interesting, but right now, nobody is managing the roster as well as Schneider and Carroll.

I would say our back up O-Line is our biggest weakness. The O Line has been banged up and has been absolutely awful a few times this season. Bowie has alread improved at RT though from his first start a couple weeks ago.

McQustian though is pretty awful at LT. I see no hope there.
    edited October 2013

The Seahawks are going to have to shed some salary with some key guys as FA's why I think Miller, Rice and Red Bryant could be gone.

Browner and Thurmond are FA's as well wouldn't surprise me if this is Browners last year.

I would argue Bobby Wagner is moving towards the "make sure" group.

dhdawg said:

Wilson
    Lynch
    Okung
    Unger
    Baldwin
    Tate
    Miller
    Mebane
    Clemons
    Bennett
    Wagner
    Wright
    Sherman
    Thomas
    Chancellor
    Browner

I would say our back up O-Line is our biggest weakness. The O Line has been banged up and has been absolutely awful a few times this season. Bowie has alread improved at RT though from his first start a couple weeks ago.

OL is a problem. McQuistan is terrible and Bowie has struggled as well. There's too many good speed rushers in the NFL to have below average tackles. Hopefully, Okung can play at a high level once he gets back. I wish we had a better back up than McQuistan.

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

dhdawg said:

Wilson
    Lynch
    Okung
    Unger
    Baldwin
    Tate
    Miller
    Mebane
    Clemons
    Bennett
    Wagner
    Wright
    Sherman
    Thomas
    Chancellor
    Browner

I think we use at least 2 high picks on O-line this year. Cable is an outstanding coach however he can only do so much with the talent he has. I'd like to see an upgrade at LG, Carp is not getting it done, and I'd also like to draft a RT cause I think Breno is a casualty after this year. Outside of O-line there is no real holes to draft. Maybe a backup S, another WR, a DT, and a project pass rusher, none of those are huge needs though
    edited October 2013

The Seahawks are going to have to shed some salary with some key guys as FA's why I think Miller, Rice and Red Bryant could be gone.

Rice will for sure be gone. He's not worth the money, especially with his knee problems. Miller is a good TE who I would like to keep, but I know that some good players are going to have to go. Bryant is good, but I don't think there would be a huge drop off without him. I would rather re sign Michael Bennett after this year than keep Red.

I love Chancellor, but his signing will be a head scratcher if we can't re sign Earl Thomas and Sherman.

Before the year, I thought the drafting of Christine Michael was a signal that Lynch's time would be up after this year, but now I don't see it. Lynch is too important to what we are doing and has at least a few more years left.

edited October 2013
    dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Wilson
    Lynch
    Okung
    Unger
    Baldwin
    Tate
    Miller
    Mebane
    Clemons
    Bennett
    Wagner
    Wright
    Sherman
    Thomas
    Chancellor
    Browner

I think we use at least 2 high picks on O-line this year. Cable is an outstanding coach however he can only do so much with the talent he has. I'd like to see an upgrade at LG, Carp is not getting it done, and I'd also like to draft a RT cause I think Breno is a casualty after this year. Outside of O-line there is no real holes to draft. Maybe a backup S, another WR, a DT, and a project pass rusher, none of those are huge needs though
    I wish the Seahawks would just get rid of Carpenter he is worthless. If he isn't racking up penalties he is getting some random "injury" aka being fat.

Nick Saban's reaction speaks volumes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynvbg3QzpDM

Rice will for sure be gone. He's not worth the money, especially with his knee problems. Miller is a good TE who I would like to keep, but I know that some good players are going to have to go. Bryant is good, but I don't think there would be a huge drop off without him. I would rather re sign Michael Bennett after this year than keep Red.

Before the year, I thought the drafting of Christine Michael was a signal that Lynch's time would be up after this year, but now I don't see it. Lynch is too important to what we are doing and has at least a few more years left.

Lynch isn't going to last forever, u ride him out until he's done and then Michael steps in, the emergence of Kearse has pretty much sealed it that Rice isn't coming back. I'd like to keep miller though, as for Red he's vital to the run game but u need to make sacrifices
  • I'm a Zach Miller fan but you are going to need to set aside a ton of money for those 4 I mentioned whose contracts are coming up soon.

I didn't like the Chancellor one until I saw it was very easy to get out of after 3 years.

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Wilson
    Lynch
    Okung
    Unger
    Baldwin
    Tate
    Miller
    Mebane
    Clemons
    Bennett
    Wagner
    Wright
    Sherman
    Thomas
    Chancellor
    Browner

I wish the Seahawks would just get rid of Carpenter he is worthless. If he isn't racking up penalties he is getting some random "injury" aka being fat.

It may have been pressing for Carpenter to be a first round pick, but I think he has some potential as a road grader at LG. Problem is, he is always hurt and out of shape.

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Wilson
    Lynch
    Okung
    Unger
    Baldwin
    Tate
    Miller
    Mebane
    Clemons
    Bennett
    Wagner
    Wright
    Sherman
    Thomas
    Chancellor
    Browner

It may have been pressing for Carpenter to be a first round pick, but I think he has some potential as a road grader at LG. Problem is, he is always hurt and out of shape.
    The only reason why I think Nick Saban would give a reaction like that is because he knows he is super lazy and can't be motivated into improving his natural talent.

Kind of like Terrence Cody at Alabama as well.

I'm a Zach Miller fan but you are going to need to set aside a ton of money for those 4 I mentioned whose contracts are coming up soon.

I didn't like the Chancellor one until I saw it was very easy to get out of after 3 years.

Percy's contract is also pretty easy to get out of too I heard. So if these nagging injuries keep up it wouldn't have been a nightmare signing.

PC is smart with this stuff. He even brought in Erik Spoelstra this year to talk to the team about taking less money to have a string of championships lol.
    Also Dan Quinn is an outstanding DC, some of these stunts and blitzes he dials up is a big reason why the defense has improved from last year, another reason is we finally got Clem some help
    edited October 2013
    Remember they have Jesse Williams who has a shot at being pretty decent if he cant stay healthy.

Remember they have Jesse Williams who has a shot at being pretty decent if he cant stay healthy.

Hill also has potential as a pass rusher
  • dhdawg said:

Also Dan Quinn is an outstanding DC, some of these stunts and blitzes he dials up is a big reason why the defense has improved from last year, another reason is we finally got Clem some help

The players have spoke about the difference from Bradley in 2012 and Quinn in 2013.

That is reason #3 why the Seahawks will win.
  • This thread also makes me miss Husky football.

I remember Huskies were the #1 sports team for me. If they won then it was a great weekend, if they lost it ruined my week.

The Seahawks were an after thought. Then in 2004 it slowly switched to the Seahawks for me. Huskies stopped putting out a good product while the Seahawks seem to "get it".

You can tell the Seahawks bottom line is to win games, thus the atmosphere at games are amazing.

While UW/Mariners don't get that. They think they have to manufacture this great atmosphere instead it makes going to games shitty.

I can't stand going to Husky games anymore. Product sucks, the commercialization throughout the whole stadium is annoying. I don't get that feeling at Seahawks games.

I wish we could have 4+ page threads about the state of Husky football where we aren't making sarcastic jokes. Where there is real football talk but what's the point? Until changes are made at the top there is no point in caring about the Huskies like I once did.

Thanks a lot Emmert!