Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OT: Seahawks

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
That defense was something else last night. Sure Carson Palmer is a #fuckingdreckfest but Seahawks D is a lot of fun to watch. They should get the #1 seed as most of the rest of their schedule is now terrible. They can afford to lose to San Fran as long as they beat NO.

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Nice signature. Amazing play by Chancellor. He absolutely beasts that OL. Seahawks are a great team, but they have been a little sloppy the past few weeks. The offense is good at times, but OL is a problem with both tackles out, and the WR's aren't great. Before yesterday, Sydney Rice has been terrible. He looks about done.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    The Seahawks are setting up to be nasty down the stretch once they get the tackles back and Harvin integrates into the offense.

The only thing that could really stop them is Wilson getting hurt, which is obviously a higher risk with Okung and Giaocomminohoweveryouspellit out. But if they get those guys back and keep Wilson healthy, they should waltz to the Super Bowl.

The Legion of Boom versus Peyton and those receivers is going to be an incredible matchup if it materializes. Of course, Manning will have to win a game or two in the cold to get there. I won't be heartbroken if he doesn't.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

That defense was something else last night. Sure Carson Palmer is a #fuckingdreckfest but Seahawks D is a lot of fun to watch. They should get the #1 seed as most of the rest of their schedule is now terrible. They can afford to lose to San Fran as long as they beat NO.

Not necessarily the case. If SF and SEA both finish 14-2 (extremely unlikely), it would come down to strength of victory and SF probably wins that tiebreaker. They would have wins over GB and WAS while Seattle would have wins over MIN and NYG.

(tiebreaker superiority guy)
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

Not necessarily the case. If SF and SEA both finish 14-2 (extremely unlikely), it would come down to strength of victory and SF probably wins that tiebreaker. They would have wins over GB and WAS while Seattle would have wins over MIN and NYG.

49ers will have a tough time @NO. San Francisco is still good but they look the most vulnerable to a couple suspect losses.

It won't be easy but I feel like SEA is in the drivers seat especially considering they still get both Tackles and Percy Harvin back (also Bobby Wagner on defense).

49ers will have a tough time @NO. San Francisco is still good but they look the most vulnerable to a couple suspect losses.

It won't be easy but I feel like SEA is in the drivers seat especially considering they still get both Tackles and Percy Harvin back (also Bobby Wagner on defense).
    I agree with this, but until SF actually loses another game, they still control their own destiny in the NFC West just like SEA does.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Beat the colts, then pop off

Beat the colts, then pop off

I really like the Colts in the NFC playoffs. As the probable NFC West champions, they should have an easy road to the Super Bowl.

I agree with this, but until SF actually loses another game, they still control their own destiny in the NFC West just like SEA does.
    You could see SF slip up this Sunday too. Tenn is a mediocre team at best but east coast early games do take tolls on west coast teams.

The Titans have a solid defense and Kaepernick turns into shit if he gets rattled early which I could see happening.

The only other games on the schedule I could see a slip up for San Fran are @NO, SEA, @ARI (they only beat Arizona by 12 at home).

Nice signature. Amazing play by Chancellor. He absolutely beasts that OL. Seahawks are a great team, but they have been a little sloppy the past few weeks. The offense is good at times, but OL is a problem with both tackles out, and the WR's aren't great. Before yesterday, Sydney Rice has been terrible. He looks about done.

Chancellor is a stud. Traditionally he doesn't have the greatest set of SS skills but because ET is so good and covers so much ground it allows us to have an enforcer like Chancellor out there. Basically an extra linebacker who has a little better coverage skills than most. Just his presence out in the middle of the field makes recievers think when they are catching the ball sometimes throwing them off.

Seahawks have looked sloppy but are still 6-1 with 3 road wins. Part of the sloppiness is the banged up O-Line. I think our recievers are pretty decent, Baldwin is really underrated, Tate has really started to come one, and I agree with your assessment on Rice. I hope these rumors that he is still coming around from his knee surgery are true.

I am just excited to see this offense with Percy. It will be a nightmare to have to think about him, Marshawn, and RW all at once.'

This is still Lynch's offense too, I don't care what anyone says.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,128 Founders Club
    Quick reminder.......the Seahawks play in Seattle #MagicalSeason #NoRings
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    SF could has a scary game on Sunday and It's going to be tough to win in NO. 14-2 definitely wins the division, the Seahawks have few tough games left with Atlanta and New York collapsing just win in San Fran and u don't have to worry
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Unless we beat the 49ers for a second time. then we own any tie breakers.

• If the Seahawks get the #1 seed there is an 81% chance they make the Super Bowl. Untouchable at home.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,663 Founders Club

Without looking at the 49ers schedule, I'm going to predict they lose 2 more games.

Also, kudos to the Seahawks last night. Well kudos to the defense. they played pretty well and didn't let Letterman Leno Ed Sullivan Carson Palmer Do anything significant. Yes I have been saving that corny gag for months.

Without looking at the 49ers schedule, I'm going to predict they lose 2 more games.

Also, kudos to the Seahawks last night. Well kudos to the defense. they played pretty well and didn't let Letterman Leno Ed Sullivan Carson Palmer Do anything significant. Yes I have been saving that corny gag for months.
    I agree, I think if the Seahawks beat NO at home and go 13-3 they will get the #1 seed.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,477
    dnc said:

The only thing that could really stop them is Wilson getting hurt,

Not so fast my friend.

While Tjack pissed me off the first time he was a Hawk, he appears to have a calmer head on his shoulders this time around. I think if Wilson did go down, Tjack is good enough to get us wins as long as our defense remains consistent (or gets it together and plays to their actual potential which they have yet to do for a full game).
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

dnc said:

The only thing that could really stop them is Wilson getting hurt,

Not so fast my friend.

While Tjack pissed me off the first time he was a Hawk, he appears to have a calmer head on his shoulders this time around. I think if Wilson did go down, Tjack is good enough to get us wins as long as our defense remains consistent (or gets it together and plays to their actual potential which they have yet to do for a full game).
    For a couple weeks yes, we aren't winning a SB with tjack though
  • I like T-Jack in a spot start type of situation if Seattle were at home(as long as it's not the Saints game).

Wilson really makes plays and extends drives. Up only 17-13 that third down play where you think he is going to get sacked and he is running with his left hand, switches it to his right and completes the pass just before his knee hits the ground was amazing. Seahawks would score a TD that drive too.

I loved how the Seahawks dominated the LOS. Arizona couldn't get pressure from their front four they had to constantly blitz the Seahawks. It worked sometimes but more times than not that allowed Seattle to have huge plays.

On the other side Seattle didn't have to blitz at all and was getting constant pressure from their ends Clemons, Avril and Bennett.

This team is 6-1 with being 3-1 on the road. Harvin has yet to take a snap, Okung has basically played just 5 quarters this year, Giacommi has been out, Wagner just missed two games, Unger missed two games, Avril missed a game, Irvin missed 4, Browner missed 2.

Most of those injuries would devastate a team yet the Seahawks are so deep they are still 6-1.

I like T-Jack in a spot start type of situation if Seattle were at home(as long as it's not the Saints game).

Wilson really makes plays and extends drives. Up only 17-13 that third down play where you think he is going to get sacked and he is running with his left hand, switches it to his right and completes the pass just before his knee hits the ground was amazing. Seahawks would score a TD that drive too.

I loved how the Seahawks dominated the LOS. Arizona couldn't get pressure from their front four they had to constantly blitz the Seahawks. It worked sometimes but more times than not that allowed Seattle to have huge plays.

On the other side Seattle didn't have to blitz at all and was getting constant pressure from their ends Clemons, Avril and Bennett.

This team is 6-1 with being 3-1 on the road. Harvin has yet to take a snap, Okung has basically played just 5 quarters this year, Giacommi has been out, Wagner just missed two games, Unger missed two games, Avril missed a game, Irvin missed 4, Browner missed 2.

Most of those injuries would devastate a team yet the Seahawks are so deep they are still 6-1.

It is weird having a team play where every week is a pretty big game going for that #1 seed and almost a guranteed trip to the Super Bowl.

If Pete can keep this up (Win Super Bowls) he will be a lot like Bellicheck. Both failed their first gig in the NFL but learned from what they did wrong and became great NFL coaches.
  • I like T-Jack in a spot start type of situation if Seattle were at home(as long as it's not the Saints game).

It is weird having a team play where every week is a pretty big game going for that #1 seed and almost a guranteed trip to the Super Bowl.

If Pete can keep this up (Win Super Bowls) he will be a lot like Bellicheck. Both failed their first gig in the NFL but learned from what they did wrong and became great NFL coaches.
    Pete is trying to become legendary. Only two coaches have ever won a Natty and a Super Bowl: Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer* . I give Switzer the * since he inherited a two-time Super Bowl champion.

Watching the post game yesterday and seeing how well Seahawks fans traveled made me think of the Huskies in the 90's when we used to frequently take over stadiums.

When you are a great team every week is a big game like you said because with this crowd if the Seahawks get homefield they are going to the Super Bowl. If they have to play an NFC title game in New Orleans though that will be very difficult.

What is the Saints remaining schedule look like? I haven't really looked at it.