Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OT: Seahawks

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,138 Founders Club
    Can't believe I'm poasting about NFL football on here and even worse, poasting about the fucking Seahawks but here goes.

Disclaimers:
    #1 - I'm a 49ers fan.
    #2 - Born and raised in Seattle but fucking hate the Seahawks.

If Wilson gets hurt, the Seattle Defense needs to improve a couple notches. Wilson is pretty fucking special (Hi Hugh!) and while he doesn't put up stats that make you think he's the next Peyton Manning, he makes plays. If T-Jack or whatever the fuck his name is has to play, he's capable of some good things but nothing near the things that Wilson does. If T-Jack is starting in the playoffs, the defense needs to play like the 2000 Ravens or 84 Bears to ensure T-Jack isn't the deciding factor in the game.

The 49ers concern me this year. Justin Smith is fucking old. Aldon Smith is an alcoholic. Harbaugh might have an aneurysm. Kaepernick might realize his roots and throw on a suicide vest (Hi Koop!). On top of all that, they've lost a game or 2 under Harbaugh they had no business losing plus they have to travel to NO.

Seattle likely goes 13-3 (@Indy, @SF and 1 other road game). SF goes 12-4 or 11-5 (@Seattle, Indy, @NO and 1-2 head scratchers - maybe even Tennessee)
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

I like T-Jack in a spot start type of situation if Seattle were at home(as long as it's not the Saints game).

Wilson really makes plays and extends drives. Up only 17-13 that third down play where you think he is going to get sacked and he is running with his left hand, switches it to his right and completes the pass just before his knee hits the ground was amazing. Seahawks would score a TD that drive too.

I loved how the Seahawks dominated the LOS. Arizona couldn't get pressure from their front four they had to constantly blitz the Seahawks. It worked sometimes but more times than not that allowed Seattle to have huge plays.

On the other side Seattle didn't have to blitz at all and was getting constant pressure from their ends Clemons, Avril and Bennett.

This team is 6-1 with being 3-1 on the road. Harvin has yet to take a snap, Okung has basically played just 5 quarters this year, Giacommi has been out, Wagner just missed two games, Unger missed two games, Avril missed a game, Irvin missed 4, Browner missed 2.

Most of those injuries would devastate a team yet the Seahawks are so deep they are still 6-1.

It is weird having a team play where every week is a pretty big game going for that #1 seed and almost a guranteed trip to the Super Bowl.

If Pete can keep this up (Win Super Bowls) he will be a lot like Bellicheck. Both failed their first gig in the NFL but learned from what they did wrong and became great NFL coaches.
    Pete is trying to become legendary. Only two coaches have ever won a Natty and a Super Bowl: Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer* . I give Switzer the * since he inherited a two-time Super Bowl champion.

Watching the post game yesterday and seeing how well Seahawks fans traveled made me think of the Huskies in the 90's when we used to frequently take over stadiums.

When you are a great team every week is a big game like you said because with this crowd if the Seahawks get homefield they are going to the Super Bowl. If they have to play an NFC title game in New Orleans though that will be very difficult.

What is the Saints remaining schedule look like? I haven't really looked at it.
    They don't have too difficult of a schedule left, SF, @SEA, @CAR (They are a better team than Carolina but division rivalry games on the road are always tough).

In terms of difficulty for the rest of the season of the 3 teams trying to get the #1 seed, It looks like this (easiest to most difficult)

SEA
    NO
    SF

None really have that difficult of the stretch though. The NO @ SEA, SF @ NO, and SEA @ SF are going to decide who gets home field advantage.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013
    I think it will come down to the 49ers and Seahawks. I'm not sold on the Saints defense playing at the same level throughout the season. They also have a lot of tough games left compared to both the Seahawks and 49ers.

Not to try and be a homer, but the Seahawks are a better team than the 49ers. I see the 49ers blowing a couple more games, and the Seahawks only losing one or two the rest of the way.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    the saints have also been very healthy, that usually catches up to teams. I also don't know if NO will be able to stop Gore and Lynch come playoff time when every team is beat up. It will ultimately come down to SEA and SF, whoever wins the division wins the NFC
    And whenever I watch a hawks game it magnifies how fucking soft uw has become, a UW safety would've never
    Done what chancellor did in cuntwaffle's sig
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    The craziest part of this is that no one is talking about the NFC East getting the #1 seed.

ESPN would be horrified about this discussion.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dhdawg said:

And whenever I watch a hawks game it magnifies how fucking soft uw has become, a UW safety would've never

To be fair, I don't think many safeties in the NFL can do that either. That's a highlight reel play in the film room.

dhdawg said:

To be fair, I don't think many safeties in the NFL can do that either. That's a highlight reel play in the film room.

well of course but it's a general statement. The seahawks embrace contact and want to stick their nose in, and pride themselves on it. That's not what Washington football has been since 1991
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club

That defense was something else last night. Sure Carson Palmer is a #fuckingdreckfest but Seahawks D is a lot of fun to watch. They should get the #1 seed as most of the rest of their schedule is now terrible. They can afford to lose to San Fran as long as they beat NO.

Not necessarily the case. If SF and SEA both finish 14-2 (extremely unlikely), it would come down to strength of victory and SF probably wins that tiebreaker. They would have wins over GB and WAS while Seattle would have wins over MIN and NYG.

(tiebreaker superiority guy)
    they played pretty well and didn't let Letterman Leno Ed Sullivan Carson Palmer do anything significant. Yes I have been saving that corny gag for months.
    do that again and you're gone.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,490
    Funny how the best football poast / thread on the board is about the seahawks. I like to post meaningless shit like this in threads.
  • Funny how the best football poast / thread on the board is about the seahawks. I like to post meaningless shit like this in threads.

Our quality of posts match the quality of the team.

Huskies are average. Only so many times you can say that.

Seahawks are a real Super Bowl threat.

Funny how the best football poast / thread on the board is about the seahawks. I like to post meaningless shit like this in threads.

Our quality of posts match the quality of the team.

Huskies are average. Only so many times you can say that.

Seahawks are a real Super Bowl threat.
    Best part is this isn't looking like a 1 year thing.

Don't tell the doogs that the Seahawks are young.

Seahawks are 2nd youngest team, had injuries and it only took Carroll three years to turn it around and in year four look great.

Meanwhile UW 4th most experienced team in CFB, no injuries and in year 5 still mediocrity.

and Schneider/carroll inherited almost no talent
    seahawks core group right now
    Wilson
    Lynch
    Okung
    Unger
    Baldwin
    Tate
    Miller
    Mebane
    Clemons
    Bennett
    Wagner
    Wright
    Sherman
    Thomas
    Chancellor
    Browner
    out of all those 2 of them (unger, mebane) came from the previous regime, and Unger was terrible before cable arrived. Everyone points out how sark inherited no talent, Schneider/carroll inherited no talent
    I hope lockner plays, cause with fitzy the titans have close to no chance of beating SF
  • dhdawg said:

Seahawks are 2nd youngest team, had injuries and it only took Carroll three years to turn it around and in year four look great.

Meanwhile UW 4th most experienced team in CFB, no injuries and in year 5 still mediocrity.

Wilson
    Lynch
    Okung
    Unger
    Baldwin
    Tate
    Miller
    Mebane
    Clemons
    Bennett
    Wagner
    Wright
    Sherman
    Thomas
    Chancellor
    Browner
    out of all those 2 of them (unger, mebane) came from the previous regime, and Unger was terrible before cable arrived. Everyone points out how sark inherited no talent, Schneider/carroll inherited no talent
    I've always stated that Carroll/Schneider had a much harder rebuild job than Sark did.

That team had no talent, bad contracts and punted drafts from 2004-2009. Carroll had to gut the roster and basically hit on every draft pick which is what they did.

Carroll for some reason our idiot fans were on his ass right off the bat though especially those first two years. While Sark is in year five and they are still waiting for him to turn it around.

Carroll turned that 5-11 mess into 11-5 by year three and this year is challenging for a Super Bowl.

Sark at best will go 5-4 in conference play if not 4-5(more realistic than 6-3 IMO). Carroll showed you can turn around a team rather quickly if you know what you are doing.
  • http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/pages/slickhawk.html?article=11750967

KJR making something out of nothing. Such a shame they are so jealous that 710 has the Seahawks so they feel the need to take some of the luster away. Meanwhile they act like everything is perfect with UW sports despite the fact they are average.
    dhdawg said:

Wilson
    Lynch
    Okung
    Unger
    Baldwin
    Tate
    Miller
    Mebane
    Clemons
    Bennett
    Wagner
    Wright
    Sherman
    Thomas
    Chancellor
    Browner
    JR Sweezy has turned into a savage run blocker as well and he played Defensive Tackle in college! Sweezy could end up being one of the best guards in the NFL in a year or two.

Walter Thurmond could start on a bunch of NFL teams at cornerback

Byron Maxwell is actually another pretty solid corner

Bruce Irvin has been getting better at linebacker now, he could eventually be similar to Von Miller.

Malcom Smith had a solid game at linebacker yesterday.

Every draft now I just assume every player we get is going to be good.
    edited October 2013

dhdawg said:

Wilson
    Lynch
    Okung
    Unger
    Baldwin
    Tate
    Miller
    Mebane
    Clemons
    Bennett
    Wagner
    Wright
    Sherman
    Thomas
    Chancellor
    Browner
    JR Sweezy has turned into a savage run blocker as well and he played Defensive Tackle in college! Sweezy could end up being one of the best guards in the NFL in a year or two.

Bruce Irvin has been getting better at linebacker now, he could eventually be similar to Von Miller.

Luke Willson is also looking to be an outstanding draft pick in the 5th round. Under the Ruskell era I had close to no excitement come draft time, now I'm watching every time the hawks are on the clock. They draft so well Michael hasn't even seen the field and I still think he's going to be a stud
    dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Wilson
    Lynch
    Okung
    Unger
    Baldwin
    Tate
    Miller
    Mebane
    Clemons
    Bennett
    Wagner
    Wright
    Sherman
    Thomas
    Chancellor
    Browner

Luke Willson is also looking to be an outstanding draft pick in the 5th round. Under the Ruskell era I had close to no excitement come draft time, now I'm watching every time the hawks are on the clock. They draft so well Michael hasn't even seen the field and I still think he's going to be a stud
    I think they want him to be their next franchise running back so they are going to give him as little carries as possible until they know Marshawn is done. Lynch only has a couple years left max from the way he runs.