Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Your worst agony of defeat type of moment in athletic competition?

Comments

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Playing 10U baseball in the semi-final round. End up working a walk in the bottom of the 7th and stealing 2nd base. Next hitter hits a single up the middle and I had enough wheels to score, except I somehow missed touching 3rd base, thus making me out. We ending up losing the game in extra-innings.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,345
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

PurpleJ said:

There's nothing gay about rowing a boat.

So long as you rape and pillage when you get to land.

On we sweep with threshing oar. Our only goal will be the western shore.
    Fag. At least illustrate that shit.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,296
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

On we sweep with threshing oar. Our only goal will be the western shore.
    Fag. At least illustrate that shit.

Yes. Despite being only a few years older than Millennial status, I suck at message board IT- i.e., pics and gifs. Gonna need to reach out to @GrundleStiltzkin for some tutorials.

Hot Viking chick by the way. For me in life, it's 6 foot tall or above Viking princess looking women or GTFO.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

No, row it boat is not really gay; it's tuff ass shit. I was just using @whlinder 's terminology in the sense that Crew is: (a) boring as hell as a spectator sport most of the time, although it once used to draw way bigger crowds of spectators than Husky football when there was nothing else to watch in Seattle; and (b) it is the essential sport for slow, tall, uncoordinated white boys, who suck a sports ball. A lot of you fuckers here were probably way better than me in HS hoops (or other forms of sports ball), but you put me on an erg (rowing machine) in my prime and I could pull 2000 meter times just a few seconds off what dude in the Olympics need to pull.
    All you needed to say is you're 6'6" and couldn't dunk. We inferred the rest.
    Never said "couldn't" dunk. Dunk yes; dunk well and in a game over other dudes - hell no.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

PurpleJ said:

No, row it boat is not really gay; it's tuff ass shit. I was just using @whlinder 's terminology in the sense that Crew is: (a) boring as hell as a spectator sport most of the time, although it once used to draw way bigger crowds of spectators than Husky football when there was nothing else to watch in Seattle; and (b) it is the essential sport for slow, tall, uncoordinated white boys, who suck a sports ball. A lot of you fuckers here were probably way better than me in HS hoops (or other forms of sports ball), but you put me on an erg (rowing machine) in my prime and I could pull 2000 meter times just a few seconds off what dude in the Olympics need to pull.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I charged the mound after getting hit by a pitch.

I lost.

This is top 3 baseball violence of all time. I'd have to think on the other two.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I lost.

This is top 3 baseball violence of all time. I'd have to think on the other two.
    Here's one of them

Who's that?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

I lost.

Here's one of them

Who's that?
    Izzy Alcantara

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2uGROwr-rY
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Flag football semifinals and I show up with a massive hangover. Buddy gives me a speed pill (fer the younguns speed was a great pick me up in the 80s if you were to poor to buy coke) to fire me up.

1st series I get a pick 6 and do the Prime Time high stepping the last 10 yds & talk shit to the other team. Get an unsportsmanlike conduct flag.

3rd quarter we run a pick play, but instead of rubbing the DB I crackback his ass. Total decleater. Get a unnecessary roughness flag plus warning from officials that any more bullshit and I'm gone. Didn't help that I let out a big Woo Ric Flair style after the hit.

4th quarter game tied I blitz from QB blindside. Instead of ripping off the flag for the sack, I blast him into the ground. Of course I get another penalty for roughing the QB and ejected. We lose by 1 TD thanks to the 1st down I gave them extending the drive.

After I get tossed I puke my guts out...previous nights tequila shots, beer, and Taco Bell in all its nastiness about 5 ft behind the opponent's bench.

Never asked to play on that team again....team captain said I had anger issues. I guess being tormented and beaten on by 5 older brothers for 10 years makes one a little edgy

pat pat little brother