Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Your worst agony of defeat type of moment in athletic competition?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,939 Founders Club
Shout out to @HuskyJW for a thread that delivered! Thought it would be fun to have a discussion about our all-time "Agony of Defeat" type moments in athletic competition.

For me: My eight lost to CAL once by a seat (fraction of a second) at a PAC 10 championship. We were down by a boat length or more the majority of the race and would have passed them if we had another 100 meters. This was especially humiliating because we were not a loser program and we hardly ever lost to CAL. Crushing agony of defeat type of moment.

Comments

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    This year's game against the Tree.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,939 Founders Club

This year's game against the Tree.

No, god damn it. It's only February for christ sake.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    HuskyJW said:

Wrestling....Junior year....I got "head and armed" and pinned by a guy that had no business pulling that off. F-ing embarrassing.

If anybody knows about wrestling....a "head and arm" is about a cheesy as move as you can do. It will work when you're like a little kid but should never work beyond about 3rd grade.

FML.

Had the same exact thing happen except I didnt get pinned. Got head and armed at the beginning of second round and rode it out. Exact same thing to start the 3rd round and stayed on my back thru the round. And it was to some scrub at a home meet. Got him two weeks later at a tournament and stuck him in the first round.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    Lost to fucking Interlake this year... came back and beat em by 35 but still
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    On a fastbreak against a top 10 team on the WC in an aau tournament someone threw a lob to their big athletic kid (6"8 and very Nigerian) who caught the ball, jumped over me and cleared me.

Getting beat up at Dairy Queen after cheapshotting an asshole 3 times in a game.

Like a simple bloody noise or full on curb stomping?
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,474 Swaye's Wigwam

Shout out to @HuskyJW for a thread that delivered! Thought it would be fun to have a discussion about our all-time "Agony of Defeat" type moments in athletic competition.

For me: My eight lost to CAL once by a seat (fraction of a second) at a PAC 10 championship. We were down by a boat length or more the majority of the race and would have passed them if we had another 100 meters. This was especially humiliating because we were not a loser program and we hardly ever lost to CAL. Crushing agony of defeat type of moment.

You're a rower? How about "10 things you never new about rowing"
    89ute said:

You're a rower? How about "10 things you never new about rowing"
    Was. Master's rowing on a team is kinda lame and boring. There are better ways to spend one's free time as an adult.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I've been dunked on so many times, the smell of nutsack is more familiar than icy hot when I hit the court.

Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=571BuZeeQjE