Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Your worst agony of defeat type of moment in athletic competition?

Comments

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Convincing the World I don't exist.

Wait, which fucking thread is this?
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I never lost.

Except for when I bricked two free throws when I only needed to hit one the championship in AAU basketball when I was twelve.

Except when our all star baseball team lost in the semi finals of state when I struck out on a called third strike.

Except when in the playoffs versus Redmond in highschool soccer I cheated and should have been sent off for a red card but didn't and we still lost.

Except for in college when I did crew and we lost to Navy by about a billion boat lengths.

I guess I actually lost a lot, and yes all those things happened.

Damn, another rower. I'm working on a poast for you guys.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,672
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    89ute said:

So I'm reading some of these poasts to my favorite wife and she says "what I love about you men is your ability to take things to the lowest possible level, I bet that guy has been waiting all week to use nutsack in a sentence."

Post of the Month
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    89ute said:

I never lost.

Except for when I bricked two free throws when I only needed to hit one the championship in AAU basketball when I was twelve.

Except when our all star baseball team lost in the semi finals of state when I struck out on a called third strike.

Except when in the playoffs versus Redmond in highschool soccer I cheated and should have been sent off for a red card but didn't and we still lost.

Except for in college when I did crew and we lost to Navy by about a billion boat lengths.

Only for one year. I realized drinking beer till 5am was a more agreeable way to spend my college life than to wake up at 5am to row a boat.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Shout out to @HuskyJW for a thread that delivered! Thought it would be fun to have a discussion about our all-time "Agony of Defeat" type moments in athletic competition.

For me: My eight lost to CAL once by a seat (fraction of a second) at a PAC 10 championship. We were down by a boat length or more the majority of the race and would have passed them if we had another 100 meters. This was especially humiliating because we were not a loser program and we hardly ever lost to CAL. Crushing agony of defeat type of moment.

You just needed more tim.
  • Options
    dnc said:

I've been dunked on so many times, the smell of nutsack is more familiar than icy hot when I hit the court.

Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=571BuZeeQjE
    Peak white guy.

Love it.
  • Options

Intramural flag football championship game playing against a team that had some players from the football team.

This is ill eagle!
  • Options
    RomarFuckedJenCRomarFuckedJenC Member Posts: 117
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Intramural flag football championship game playing against a team that had some players from the football team.

This is ill eagle!
    Should have been more specific former players
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,296
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

I never lost.

Only for one year. I realized drinking beer till 5am was a more agreeable way to spend my college life than to wake up at 5am to row a boat.
    And you probably got laid more than the rest of us dumb shits that stuck it out for 4 years. Fucker!!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

89ute said:

I never lost.

And you probably got laid more than the rest of us dumb shits that stuck it out for 4 years. Fucker!!
    Well yeah. He fucked the whole team.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,372
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

89ute said:

Shout out to @HuskyJW for a thread that delivered! Thought it would be fun to have a discussion about our all-time "Agony of Defeat" type moments in athletic competition.

For me: My eight lost to CAL once by a seat (fraction of a second) at a PAC 10 championship. We were down by a boat length or more the majority of the race and would have passed them if we had another 100 meters. This was especially humiliating because we were not a loser program and we hardly ever lost to CAL. Crushing agony of defeat type of moment.

You're a rower? How about "10 things you never new about rowing"
    I think I would get WTF'd outta here in a hurry with a 10 things you never knew about rowing sort of post and I don't want to have to LEAVE.
    89ute said:

You two fags are knew around here. Gay Rowboat may be gay and all but is still appreciated enough since Washington is like good at it. Like really fucking good. Best program in the cuntry good. And this place is built on the core belief of winning first and everything else second.
    I rowed for a year at UW but I sucked. Sucked relative for a UW rower. I guess that makes my most embarrassing moment having to retire from rowing due to injury.

(IIRC BoorsWiin likes to stroke on the erg too)

For past threads, see

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/29991/husky-crew-falls-apart-with-jen-cohen-as-ad#latest

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/30981/tv-special-tonite-on-tuff-seattle-liberals#latest

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/30163/cohen-makes-a-splash/p1

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/25856/woodward-serious-about-womens-crew-national-titles-every-year-or-doa/p1

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/20298/wearestillagoddamnrowingschool#latest

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/18330/poasted-without-comment/p1