Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Possible UW Hires if the rumor is true

Comments

• RomarFuckedJenCRomarFuckedJenC Member Posts: 117
    Why the fuck does Seattle need to have a top 10 recruit to be a good basketball area. There are plenty of good 4 star players plus what you get out of Portland and Cali.

Don't give me this doog shit about star rankings and there not being good talent in Seattle. Its called coaching up players. Why even take a top 10 Guy who is only here for a year and won't learn how to play defense or be around long enough to make a difference.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Why the fuck does Seattle need to have a top 10 recruit to be a good basketball area. There are plenty of good 4 star players plus what you get out of Portland and Cali.

Don't give me this doog shit about star rankings and there not being good talent in Seattle. Its called coaching up players. Why even take a top 10 Guy who is only here for a year and won't learn how to play defense or be around long enough to make a difference.

You're a fucking moron. I said multiple times it's a good recruiting base. I never once suggested there's not talent in Seattle. My poont which I've repeatedly made and you've repeatedly failed to get, is that it's not a special recruiting area (or "ridiculous" as you put it). That was a very brief moment in history that has long passed. So the recruiting base is not going to draw a coach in and of itself. It's the commitment to hoops and the paycheck that will draw a coach. Which is why we will not draw a coach who is in demand.

hth.

• RomarFuckedJenCRomarFuckedJenC Member Posts: 117
    dnc said:

You're a fucking moron. I said multiple times it's a good recruiting base. I never once suggested there's not talent in Seattle. My poont which I've repeatedly made and you've repeatedly failed to get, is that it's not a special recruiting area (or "ridiculous" as you put it). That was a very brief moment in history that has long passed. So the recruiting base is not going to draw a coach in and of itself. It's the commitment to hoops and the paycheck that will draw a coach. Which is why we will not draw a coach who is in demand.

hth.

Dude you were talking about all the 5 stars like the last 10 years. No one said the talent alone would draw a coach. There is a ridiculous talent base but that differs from year to year obviously. I think your mistaking the term ridiculous for elite you fucking idiot.

Hth douche
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

dnc said:

Jesus Christ - you put Cameron Dollar on that list? Are you fucking kidding?

Just hire Jerome Collins if you want to do stupid shit.

At least you admit it's a lazy hire.

I understand it's difficult to read. especially when i go @Tequilla long, but christ. Dollar would be a TERRIBLE hire based on track record. Bigly terrible! That being said, to deny that tits won't consider him is insane. He's a UW guy who's been in the area and has college experience and will coach for cheap. All of the requirements many people believe will happen. My list is based on possible hires, not what the i dream of Jeanie list looks like.

I don't want 90% of the list i wrote, but it's a much more realistic view of who is available and may actually sign up for the job. UW isn't paying almost 2M for romar for 2 more years plus paying 3-4 million a year. It isn't happening. So the 1-2 million range is realistic.

My picks of realistic coaches are rice and musselman. Yes there could be a dark horse but that's why they are a dark horse. Bennett is also a great option and I should have included him in the possible list. I'd still take rice or musselman over him, but still should be there.

As @RoadDawg55 put it, we? are a football school, so yes this job is not going to be an obvious jump to greatness. Romar for all his faults has brought a few top guys in and it's not based on program trajectory(ask markelle).

That's great we are a football school but that doesnt really matter. The talent that comes out of the Seattle area is ridiculous. It would not be that tough to turn this program around and contend for the Pac 12. Especially with how much turnover college basketball has in general.

Win and the place is full lose for 6 seasons and no one cares. Pretty simple.
    The Seattle talent is highly overrated. The only 5 star recruit Seattle has put out in years is Porter and he only moved here for his senior year because Romar hired his dad. The Seattle talent base is solid but it got this amazing rep because there were about 5 years where it put out ridiculous talent, which happened to coincide with the years where UW football sucked and hoops was bearable so people gave a shit. But the talent hasn't been "ridiculous" for quite some time.

The only legit 5 star recruit the state has produced since Wroten is Zach Levine, and he was a like a low 20's guy nationally. The last top 10 national recruit the state produced was Abdul Gaddy. The last top 10 national recruit the state produced that was actually worth a damn was Spencer Hawes.

Spencer Hawes is in his 10th season in the NBA.

Seattle area talent is good. But it's not enough of itself to draw a good coach. It's going to take a commitment to hoops and a shit ton of money. Smart money says we'll be hiring someone who sucks.
    Sam Cuntlips was a legit national recruit but the space between his ears is vacant.

Joe Harris - would have been a national recruit if Tony Bennett hadn't latched onto his dick early.

edited February 2017

dnc said:

hth.

Dude you were talking about all the 5 stars like the last 10 years. No one said the talent alone would draw a coach. There is a ridiculous talent base but that differs from year to year obviously. I think your mistaking the term ridiculous for elite you fucking idiot.

Hth douche
    Sorry, what could ridiculous possibly mean if not elite? If anything ridiculous is a stronger term than elite.

And I apologize for calling you a fucking moron. Channeled my inner DDY there for a second. That's not my typical style. My bad.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    edited February 2017
    dnc said:

hth.

Why are you still preemptively excusing a shit hire? Seattle is a great basketball city. Basketball starved. The recruiting base is very solid. When winning we've shown time and time again our student section is fantastic, certainly the best in the conference. Lute himself said ten years ago that UW is a sleeping powerhouse and scared the piss out of him.

Please have standards. It's ok. I'm not saying we're going to back the truck up for Archie (who would certainly come for the right price), but there are enough built in factors that exist right now for this to be a quick turnaround.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EBwMBm9n_A

Watch that before you respond. It won't take much to be at least respectable. Fuck.
    Gladstone said:

dnc said:

hth.

Why are you still preemptively excusing a shit hire? Seattle is a great basketball city. Basketball starved. The recruiting base is very solid. When winning we've shown time and time again our student section is fantastic, certainly the best in the conference. Lute himself said ten years ago that UW is a sleeping powerhouse and scared the piss out of him.

Please have standards. It's ok. I'm not saying we're going to back the truck up for Archie (who would certainly come for the right price), but there are enough built in factors that exist right now for this to be a quick turnaround.

Watch that before you respond. It won't take much to be at least respectable. Fuck.
    Excusing a shit hire and expecting a shit hire are not the same thing.

I will be fucking pissed when we make a shit hire.

I won't be surprised though.

Again, what part of Romar's six straight seasons with no NCAA's tells you anyone in the AD GAF about hoops? Honestly, I'll be surprised if he's not the coach next season. But even if he's not, it's not going to be Archie or anyone close to that tier.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

dnc said:

hth.

Excusing a shit hire and expecting a shit hire are not the same thing.

I will be fucking pissed when we make a shit hire.

I won't be surprised though.

Again, what part of Romar's six straight seasons with no NCAA's tells you anyone in the AD GAF about hoops? Honestly, I'll be surprised if he's not the coach next season. But even if he's not, it's not going to be Archie or anyone close to that tier.
    Archie is going to get a Shaka smart contact whenever he wants to leave. UW will not pay that type of money(3M +) for a basketball coach. Period.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Ken bone is tanned rested and ready
    dhdawg said:

Doogliest, doog of doogism comment in this doog awful thread.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

dhdawg said:

Doogliest, doog of doogism comment in this doog awful thread.
    It was Sarkasm
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,963
    edited February 2017
    #isupportromarsretirement

Fuck...haven't followed CBB in a while but my non-TCU MBA says it's a no-brainer. Tell him it can be a messy, or tell him you'll pay him what he is owed and invent a part-time position for him in the AD office...alumni outreach bullshit or something. Anything he raises (guessing it won't be much) can offset his buyout. Shit basketball for another year will make the hole the next guy has to dig out of much worse (and more costly longer term to the AD with a lot more shit basketball going forward with recruiting falling off the deep end after next year class).

And somebody like Musselman seems like a no-brainer. He's paid $400k currently...you should be able to get him for under $2MM/yr. He's got an NBA pedigree which can't hurt recruiting...if he wants to go back to the NBA who cares...that means we got good enough somebody wants him. And whoever comes in is going to offer Porter Sr a job...they aren't going to be morons. Even if they have to teach him how to coach they will, and Porter Sr will stick around if there is something in it for him (I'm sure Bill Self will offer him a job but not sure who else). And if it's someone with a longer coaching background esp in the NBA like Musselman rather than a young coach he's more likely to stay.

And the UW job should look pretty sweet to coaches...low expectations (last guy went 6+years without the NCAAs) with a lot of upside/potential to do well, good pay in a good location.

Sloppy wont screw this up (I hope).
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

hth.

Hth douche
    If you talk to @dnc like this again I will track you, locate you, and napalm you.
    BHAM!!!!
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

hth.

Hth douche
    If you talk to @dnc like this again I will track you, locate you, and napalm you.
    Why don't you two just cyber and get it over with
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

hth.

Hth douche
    If you talk to @dnc like this again I will track you, locate you, and napalm scalp you.
    Keeping it accurate.