Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Possible UW Hires if the rumor is true

124»

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Swaye said:

dnc said:

Why the fuck does Seattle need to have a top 10 recruit to be a good basketball area. There are plenty of good 4 star players plus what you get out of Portland and Cali.

Don't give me this doog shit about star rankings and there not being good talent in Seattle. Its called coaching up players. Why even take a top 10 Guy who is only here for a year and won't learn how to play defense or be around long enough to make a difference.

You're a fucking moron. I said multiple times it's a good recruiting base. I never once suggested there's not talent in Seattle. My poont which I've repeatedly made and you've repeatedly failed to get, is that it's not a special recruiting area (or "ridiculous" as you put it). That was a very brief moment in history that has long passed. So the recruiting base is not going to draw a coach in and of itself. It's the commitment to hoops and the paycheck that will draw a coach. Which is why we will not draw a coach who is in demand.

hth.

Dude you were talking about all the 5 stars like the last 10 years. No one said the talent alone would draw a coach. There is a ridiculous talent base but that differs from year to year obviously. I think your mistaking the term ridiculous for elite you fucking idiot.

Hth douche
    If you talk to @dnc like this again I will track you, locate you, and napalm scalp you.
    Keeping it accurate.
    Why do you hate abundance?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

Why the fuck does Seattle need to have a top 10 recruit to be a good basketball area. There are plenty of good 4 star players plus what you get out of Portland and Cali.

Don't give me this doog shit about star rankings and there not being good talent in Seattle. Its called coaching up players. Why even take a top 10 Guy who is only here for a year and won't learn how to play defense or be around long enough to make a difference.

You're a fucking moron. I said multiple times it's a good recruiting base. I never once suggested there's not talent in Seattle. My poont which I've repeatedly made and you've repeatedly failed to get, is that it's not a special recruiting area (or "ridiculous" as you put it). That was a very brief moment in history that has long passed. So the recruiting base is not going to draw a coach in and of itself. It's the commitment to hoops and the paycheck that will draw a coach. Which is why we will not draw a coach who is in demand.

hth.

Dude you were talking about all the 5 stars like the last 10 years. No one said the talent alone would draw a coach. There is a ridiculous talent base but that differs from year to year obviously. I think your mistaking the term ridiculous for elite you fucking idiot.

Hth douche
    If you talk to @dnc like this again I will track you, locate you, and napalm scalp you.
    Keeping it accurate.
    Why do you hate abundance?
    Cooked scalp is easier to cut off the bone.
    The more you know.

• RomarFuckedJenCRomarFuckedJenC Member Posts: 117
    edited February 2017
    dnc said:

dnc said:

hth.

Hth douche
    Sorry, what could ridiculous possibly mean if not elite? If anything ridiculous is a stronger term than elite.

And I apologize for calling you a fucking moron. Channeled my inner DDY there for a second. That's not my typical style. My bad.
    No worries man. I went back to my prison days you get called out you return the favor.

Sad the hate that romar brings out

Swaye you can hold off on the napalm for now.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    dnc said:

Jesus Christ - you put Cameron Dollar on that list? Are you fucking kidding?

Just hire Jerome Collins if you want to do stupid shit.

At least you admit it's a lazy hire.

I understand it's difficult to read. especially when i go @Tequilla long, but christ. Dollar would be a TERRIBLE hire based on track record. Bigly terrible! That being said, to deny that tits won't consider him is insane. He's a UW guy who's been in the area and has college experience and will coach for cheap. All of the requirements many people believe will happen. My list is based on possible hires, not what the i dream of Jeanie list looks like.

I don't want 90% of the list i wrote, but it's a much more realistic view of who is available and may actually sign up for the job. UW isn't paying almost 2M for romar for 2 more years plus paying 3-4 million a year. It isn't happening. So the 1-2 million range is realistic.

My picks of realistic coaches are rice and musselman. Yes there could be a dark horse but that's why they are a dark horse. Bennett is also a great option and I should have included him in the possible list. I'd still take rice or musselman over him, but still should be there.

As @RoadDawg55 put it, we? are a football school, so yes this job is not going to be an obvious jump to greatness. Romar for all his faults has brought a few top guys in and it's not based on program trajectory(ask markelle).

That's great we are a football school but that doesnt really matter. The talent that comes out of the Seattle area is ridiculous. It would not be that tough to turn this program around and contend for the Pac 12. Especially with how much turnover college basketball has in general.

Win and the place is full lose for 6 seasons and no one cares. Pretty simple.
    The Seattle talent is highly overrated. The only 5 star recruit Seattle has put out in years is Porter and he only moved here for his senior year because Romar hired his dad. The Seattle talent base is solid but it got this amazing rep because there were about 5 years where it put out ridiculous talent, which happened to coincide with the years where UW football sucked and hoops was bearable so people gave a shit. But the talent hasn't been "ridiculous" for quite some time.

The only legit 5 star recruit the state has produced since Wroten is Zach Levine, and he was a like a low 20's guy nationally. The last top 10 national recruit the state produced was Abdul Gaddy. The last top 10 national recruit the state produced that was actually worth a damn was Spencer Hawes.

Spencer Hawes is in his 10th season in the NBA.

Seattle area talent is good. But it's not enough of itself to draw a good coach. It's going to take a commitment to hoops and a shit ton of money. Smart money says we'll be hiring someone who sucks.
    Hahahaah you are an idiot
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    dnc said:

doogville said:

dnc said:

Jesus Christ - you put Cameron Dollar on that list? Are you fucking kidding?

Just hire Jerome Collins if you want to do stupid shit.

At least you admit it's a lazy hire.

I understand it's difficult to read. especially when i go @Tequilla long, but christ. Dollar would be a TERRIBLE hire based on track record. Bigly terrible! That being said, to deny that tits won't consider him is insane. He's a UW guy who's been in the area and has college experience and will coach for cheap. All of the requirements many people believe will happen. My list is based on possible hires, not what the i dream of Jeanie list looks like.

I don't want 90% of the list i wrote, but it's a much more realistic view of who is available and may actually sign up for the job. UW isn't paying almost 2M for romar for 2 more years plus paying 3-4 million a year. It isn't happening. So the 1-2 million range is realistic.

My picks of realistic coaches are rice and musselman. Yes there could be a dark horse but that's why they are a dark horse. Bennett is also a great option and I should have included him in the possible list. I'd still take rice or musselman over him, but still should be there.

As @RoadDawg55 put it, we? are a football school, so yes this job is not going to be an obvious jump to greatness. Romar for all his faults has brought a few top guys in and it's not based on program trajectory(ask markelle).

That's great we are a football school but that doesnt really matter. The talent that comes out of the Seattle area is ridiculous. It would not be that tough to turn this program around and contend for the Pac 12. Especially with how much turnover college basketball has in general.

Win and the place is full lose for 6 seasons and no one cares. Pretty simple.
    The Seattle talent is highly overrated. The only 5 star recruit Seattle has put out in years is Porter and he only moved here for his senior year because Romar hired his dad. The Seattle talent base is solid but it got this amazing rep because there were about 5 years where it put out ridiculous talent, which happened to coincide with the years where UW football sucked and hoops was bearable so people gave a shit. But the talent hasn't been "ridiculous" for quite some time.

The only legit 5 star recruit the state has produced since Wroten is Zach Levine, and he was a like a low 20's guy nationally. The last top 10 national recruit the state produced was Abdul Gaddy. The last top 10 national recruit the state produced that was actually worth a damn was Spencer Hawes.

Spencer Hawes is in his 10th season in the NBA.

Seattle area talent is good. But it's not enough of itself to draw a good coach. It's going to take a commitment to hoops and a shit ton of money. Smart money says we'll be hiring someone who sucks.
    Take this star fucktardedness back to doogman.

A Seattle kid literally was a first round draft pick last year. Christ!
    Hi there. Doogs think the Seattle talent base is special. That's the whole reason we can't fire Romar, remember. Get your doogman talking poonts straight.

And yes, you're right. A Seattle kid went 29th in the draft last year! One went 13th in 2014 (Lavine). One went 25th in 2012 (Wroten). That's it in the last 7 drafts, two late first rounders and one mid. Like I said, it's a good talent base. It's not close to ridiculous anymore.

It was ridiculous in (draft years) 2005-2009:

2005 #2 (Williams, hs class 04, 5 star, top 3 national recruit)
    2005 #6 (Webster, hs class 05, 5 star, top 5 recruit)
    2005 #21 (Robinson, hs class 02, 3 star recruit)
    2006 #6 (Roy, hs class 02, 4 star top 40 recruit)
    2007 #10 (Hawes, hs class 06, 5 star top 5 recruit)
    2007 #15 (Stuckey, hs class 04, 3 star recruit IIRC, grades issues)
    2007 #26 (Brooks, hs class, 03, 5 star recruit)
    2009 #11 (T Williams, hs class 05, 4 star, top 50 recruit)

That's 8 first rounders in 5 drafts, including four top ten picks and five lottery picks. THAT is ridiculous. (And that doesn't even include Marcus Williams (4 star, top 50) who went #33 in 07 or Brockman (5 star, top 15) who went #38 in 09.)

Compare that to three first rounders in the last 7 drafts since then, with no top ten picks and one lottery pick.

Seattle HS talent had an incredible run, but it hasn't been special a good decade.
    Isaiah says fuck off!
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    UW should hire Ernie Kent. I hear he's got Mexico recruiting down pat
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813