Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is your grade for this recruiting class?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    B+

This might be the best class at UW since Romar landed Pondexter, Nelson, Oliver and Hawes. If Marlon wasn't on the DNF list it would have been up there with that all Asian golf class a few years back.

We were any one or combination of IPM, Ah Chu, AVT or a Echols type away from it being a front runner.

I like the cut of your jib.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    B

This might be the best class at UW since Romar landed Pondexter, Nelson, Oliver and Hawes. If Marlon wasn't on the DNF list it would have been up there with that all Asian golf class a few years back.

We were any one or combination of IPM, Ah Chu, AVT or a Echols type away from it being a front runner.

I like the cut of your jib.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    B+

STAY!
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    D+ or lower

The current bball class (if it doesn't fall apart) would cum fiesta all over that class.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2017
    B+

The current bball class (if it doesn't fall apart) would cum fiesta all over that class.
    Interesting comp. Porter Jr >>>>>>>>> Hawes, but there's nobody else in the class who will be as good of a player as Pondexter.

I'd still probably take next year's class, cause it's unlikely we lose the bottom half of it after just one year, but I'd take the 02 class over either of them.
  • Options
    D+ or lower
    dnc said:

Interesting comp. Porter Jr >>>>>>>>> Hawes, but there's nobody else in the class who will be as good of a player as Pondexter.

I'd still probably take next year's class, cause it's unlikely we lose the bottom half of it after just one year, but I'd take the 02 class over either of them.
    Porter is better than Hawes. No doubt about it.

Pondexter was inconsistent before his monster senior year.

I honestly think Jaylen Nowell can be as good as Q-Pon. He won't have the back to the basket post up game (not the same body type), but his midrange game is already senior year Pondexter level.

The other pieces are better than Oliver + Nelson if they last for more than a season. Not a tough call.

• Options
    B+

dnc said:

I honestly think Jaylen Nowell can be as good as Q-Pon. He won't have the back to the basket post up game (not the same body type), but his midrange game is already senior year Pondexter level.

The other pieces are better than Oliver + Nelson if they last for more than a season. Not a tough call.

Quincy was at worst the second best player in the conference as a senior. I don't see Nowell getting anywhere close to that. I agree he'll probably be better than Quincy as as sophomore, maybe as a junior (Bonecrusher Jr started blowing up the second half of his junior year).
  • Options
    D+ or lower
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Quincy was at worst the second best player in the conference as a senior. I don't see Nowell getting anywhere close to that. I agree he'll probably be better than Quincy as as sophomore, maybe as a junior (Bonecrusher Jr started blowing up the second half of his junior year).
    Pondexter got robbed for POTY. Straight up. Jerome Randle was shit.

Nowell won't have the exact same type of game as Q-Pon (SG vs SF), and I don't think he reaches senior year Q-Pon levels (that's a very high bar tbh). But the first 2.5 seasons of Pondexter were less than great.
  • Options
    B+

dnc said:

dnc said:

Pondexter got robbed for POTY. Straight up. Jerome Randle was shit.

Nowell won't have the exact same type of game as Q-Pon (SG vs SF), and I don't think he reaches senior year Q-Pon levels (that's a very high bar tbh). But the first 2.5 seasons of Pondexter were less than great.
    Agreed on all counts.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Flagged for preseason rankings bullshit.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    A-

Golf TBSing is next level shit.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    B
    AA was light years better as a senior than underclass man. We don't know how these players will progress or regress if they stay all 4 years. There is potential
  • Options
    FraleyMcClatcherFraleyMcClatcher Member Posts: 13
    First Comment 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    B

Bonus points for mentioning the all Asian golf class. STAY!
    If you need me I'll be lurking in the bushes with CHENG-TSUNG PAN.