Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is your grade for this recruiting class?

Comments

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    B
    KobeStan said:

B+ would of been an A with Marlon.

Ty Hunter and Ahmed represent the absolute elite at their positions nationally.

UW will NEVER recruit like Alabama or Ohio State.

I disagree. UW has a lot of built in attributes. Never is a long time.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    B+

haie said:

We have the #1 ranked strength and conditioning coach. That's what I care about. This conference can suck our fat cocks while we have Socha.

I know most on this bored know and love socha, but this can't be stated enough. Our strength staff is light years ahead of the rest of the conference. And it's why we are in such a great position to continue to build and get even better.
    There are maybe three guys I would trade Socha for in all of cfb and coincidentally enough they reside at Alabama, Ohio State, and Michigan

And even then, all we know is those guys can do more with more. Tim Socha, imo is the 2nd most important person behind Peterson for UW football.

Pay him top 5 s&c salary money every year rolling the amount over yearly and lock him away forever.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A-

KobeStan said:

Hey you dumb piece of shit... it's "would have". Also get a fucking avatar.

UW WILL NEVER RECRUIT LIKE ALABAMA OR OHIO STATE NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER!!!!!!

DON'T EVEN TRY!!!!!!!

Let's, of course, not mention that Bama's classes were ranked 37th, 45th, 19th, 16th, 18th and 22nd in the years before Saban was hired.
    Don't be AuburnDawg either. We can recruit better. You know 5-10 consecutive years of top 5 classes isn't happening at UW.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    B+

KobeStan said:

UW WILL NEVER RECRUIT LIKE ALABAMA OR OHIO STATE NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER!!!!!!

DON'T EVEN TRY!!!!!!!

Let's, of course, not mention that Bama's classes were ranked 37th, 45th, 19th, 16th, 18th and 22nd in the years before Saban was hired.
    Don't be AuburnDawg either. We can recruit better. You know 5-10 consecutive years of top 5 classes isn't happening at UW.
    There's no reason on earth we can't have 5 straight top 10 classes. Top 5 might be a different matter, but we should get able to get into the top 10 relatively easily.

After 2000 we had a top 5 class. After 1990 we did as well. After 91 we had a small class, but if star averages existed it would've been really high.

So, when we've been this successful on the field, results have followed in recruiting.

Yeah, we aren't going to get top 10 classes if we go 7 and fucking 5 every year, but after a year or two of 10+ wins, I don't see any reason we can't repeat our past performance.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    B+
    DDY is taking the gloves off
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2017
    A-

KobeStan said:

DON'T EVEN TRY!!!!!!!

There's no reason on earth we can't have 5 straight top 10 classes. Top 5 might be a different matter, but we should get able to get into the top 10 relatively easily.

After 2000 we had a top 5 class. After 1990 we did as well. After 91 we had a small class, but if star averages existed it would've been really high.

So, when we've been this successful on the field, results have followed in recruiting.

Yeah, we aren't going to get top 10 classes if we go 7 and fucking 5 every year, but after a year or two of 10+ wins, I don't see any reason we can't repeat our past performance.
    It "could" happen. I guess it's not impossible, but it hasn't been done. Nobody here, yourself included would put any money on 5 straight years of top 10 classes though.

The geography makes it tough. There isn't a huge talent base in Washington and the surrounding states. Obviously this can be overcome (to some degree) by consistently winning.

Teams that consistently put together top 10 classes win and are located in areas with better talent bases. I'm looking at the past top classes and it's true in every one.
  • Options
    B+

KobeStan said:

DON'T EVEN TRY!!!!!!!

It "could" happen. I guess it's not impossible, but it hasn't been done. Nobody here, yourself included would put any money on 5 straight years of top 10 classes though.

The geography makes it tough. There isn't a huge talent base in Washington and the surrounding states. Obviously this can be overcome (to some degree) by consistently winning.

Teams that consistently put together top 10 classes win and are located in areas with better talent bases. I'm looking at the past top classes and it's true in every one.
    I disagree fully with this. The main impediment is that we have shitty recruiters at QB and OL.

If this year we had hit on 3-4 more guys who we had a realistic shot at (pick any: Burmeister, Fozzy, AVT, Neilon, Wyatt, AJax, Marlon, Tufele, DJ, Gumbs, IPM, Ah You) we would've been in the top 10.

I also disagree that our geography works against us. I think it's actually very beneficial. We basically get every kid in the state of Washington we want (save for 1-2) and every year the state produces about 5-7 4-star kids. That makes our recruiting way easier than a lot of places. Then all we have to do is supplement that with a HUGE talent state in CA and get a few other dudes here and there.

The competition for kids in the state of WA is low and Cali doesn't have nearly as much competition as the state of FL, GA or TX.

If we'd had 'Bush Hamdan' types at QB and OL this past year, I don't think it's even a mild stretch to think of us getting Burmeister, Fozzy and AVT, which would've put us in the top 10.

Further, as we roll to yet another 10+ win season next year (and probably the year beyond) recruiting will get easier and easier.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2017
    A-

KobeStan said:

DON'T EVEN TRY!!!!!!!

I disagree fully with this. The main impediment is that we have shitty recruiters at QB and OL.

If this year we had hit on 3-4 more guys who we had a realistic shot at (pick any: Burmeister, Fozzy, AVT, Neilon, Wyatt, AJax, Marlon, Tufele, DJ, Gumbs, IPM, Ah You) we would've been in the top 10.

I also disagree that our geography works against us. I think it's actually very beneficial. We basically get every kid in the state of Washington we want (save for 1-2) and every year the state produces about 5-7 4-star kids. That makes our recruiting way easier than a lot of places. Then all we have to do is supplement that with a HUGE talent state in CA and get a few other dudes here and there.

The competition for kids in the state of WA is low and Cali doesn't have nearly as much competition as the state of FL, GA or TX.

If we'd had 'Bush Hamdan' types at QB and OL this past year, I don't think it's even a mild stretch to think of us getting Burmeister, Fozzy and AVT, which would've put us in the top 10.

Further, as we roll to yet another 10+ win season next year (and probably the year beyond) recruiting will get easier and easier.
    You're completely ignoring years of data. Go look at the schools consistently in the top 10 in recruiting. I'm sure you already know which schools they are.

We can have a top 10 class. Yes, if we got the coulda-shouldas this class would likely be top 10. That's not the argument. 5 in a row is not happening.

The problem isn't Washington. It's Idaho, Oregon, and Montana. You have a valid argument that works in our advantage, especially to our competition that we actually play against.

There are more competition for the top guys in the South, but there are also way more players to choose from than the Northwest. Same for Ohio/Michigan/Pennsylvania. You're smarter than this.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football-recruiting/2016/6/28/12040586/rankings-state-stars-florida-texas-california?client=safari

We can make arguments about how it could happen. Start getting 40% of the top guys in So Cal (we maybe get 5-10% now), and completely lock down Northern Cali. Win so much that we get the rare national player. It "could" happen. We (or at least I) know it's highly unlikely.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    B+

KobeStan said:

DON'T EVEN TRY!!!!!!!

You're completely ignoring years of data. Go look at the schools consistently in the top 10 in recruiting. I'm sure you already know which schools they are.

We can have a top 10 class. Yes, if we got the coulda-shouldas this class would likely be top 10. That's not the argument. 5 in a row is not happening.

The problem isn't Washington. It's Idaho, Oregon, and Montana. You have a valid argument that works in our advantage, especially to our competition that we actually play against.

There are more competition for the top guys in the South, but there are also way more players to choose from than the Northwest. Same for Ohio/Michigan/Pennsylvania. You're smarter than this.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football-recruiting/2016/6/28/12040586/rankings-state-stars-florida-texas-california?client=safari

We can make arguments about how it could happen. Start getting 40% of the top guys in So Cal (we maybe get 5-10% now), and completely lock down Northern Cali. Win so much that we get the rare national player. It "could" happen. We (or at least I) know it's highly unlikely.
    You are vastly exaggerating what needs to happen. 30-40% of the top guys in SoCal and everyone in NorCal would put us in the top 2-3 every year. Plus be about 28 kids per year.

This year alone that would've been adding Burmeister, Najee Harris, Joseph Lewis, AVT, Jalen McKenzie, Aaron Banks, DJ Johnson, Martin Andrus, Addison Gumbs and Jaylon Johnson. Also having Fozzy, Marlon and Wedington sign.

That's complete nonsense.

If we keep winning 10+ per year, there's a good reason to feel like we can continue to improve in Cali and upgrade 2-3 guys and add 2. That's all we need.

We aren't that far off no matter how much your Doogly tendencies want to say we can never expect to be great.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    B
    Tequilla said:

Why is DDY fighting with Roady, Tequila? Next man up? DDY's rehab doc must work wonders. Or else his pills are fucking great.
  • Options
    B+

Tequilla said:

Why is DDY fighting with Roady, Tequila? Next man up? DDY's rehab doc must work wonders. Or else his pills are fucking great.
    I only have a year to live. I might as well go out swinging.
  • Options
    KobeStanKobeStan Member Posts: 91
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited February 2017

KobeStan said:

DON'T EVEN TRY!!!!!!!

No we shouldn't even try. UW has always won with in-state/Pacific NW talent. Those players are not and never will be ranked high enough to be consistently in the top 10. Also with Pete we'll never have the attrition to sign 25-30 player every year like Alabama
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2017
    A-

KobeStan said:

DON'T EVEN TRY!!!!!!!

You are vastly exaggerating what needs to happen. 30-40% of the top guys in SoCal and everyone in NorCal would put us in the top 2-3 every year. Plus be about 28 kids per year.

This year alone that would've been adding Burmeister, Najee Harris, Joseph Lewis, AVT, Jalen McKenzie, Aaron Banks, DJ Johnson, Martin Andrus, Addison Gumbs and Jaylon Johnson. Also having Fozzy, Marlon and Wedington sign.

That's complete nonsense.

If we keep winning 10+ per year, there's a good reason to feel like we can continue to improve in Cali and upgrade 2-3 guys and add 2. That's all we need.

We aren't that far off no matter how much your Doogly tendencies want to say we can never expect to be great.
    It's funny you think it's doogly. Saying we are going to get a bunch of top 10 classes in a row is pretty fucking Auburndoogish. Confusing what you want vs reality is as doogly as it gets.

I expect to win a bunch of conference titles and be in the hunt for natties under Petersen. How's that doogly?

You are ignoring years of data with the straw man of, "well we were close this year. If we would have gotten these 3-4 guys. It's fucking stupid. The argument was getting five top 10 classes in a row. We finished 22nd this year on 24:7 and we all thought this was a good class 3-4 guys away from being insanely good.

The schools that are consistently ranked in the top 10 every year are all blue bloods located in better areas of talent. Alabama, Ohio State, Texas (both this year!), FSU, USC, Michigan, LSU (but they sucked before 2003!). Simple fucking fact.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2017
    A-
    Other schools that recruit well pretty much every year... Georgia, Florida, Penn State, A&M, Miami, Auburn, Oklahoma, Notre Dame... Teams that suck but lately have ranked high: UCLA, Tennessee, Ole Miss. High standards are cool. I expect to be a top 10 team very frequently under Petersen. Top 10 classes aren't going to be the norm though. They just aren't.

We are better than a lot of these programs. We still won't consistently beat them to get in the top 10 in recruiting for the reasons I laid out.

Oregon won consistently under Chip Kelly. Went on a hell of a run. They were a trendy school and expanded their recruiting. They didn't have one top 10 class. Not one!

Clemson has been very fucking succesfull the past five years. They are not consistently in the top 10 in recruiting. More years than not, they aren't. This is fuckng ridiculous. Jesus fucking Christ.

Could we have a top 10 class some years? Yes. Consistently? Fuck no. You know it's not happening too.
  • Options
    B+

Other schools that recruit well pretty much every year... Georgia, Florida, Penn State, A&M, Miami, Auburn, Oklahoma, Notre Dame... High standards are cool. I expect to be a top 10 team very frequently under Petersen.

We are better than a lot of these programs. We still won't consistently beat them to get in the top 10 in recruiting for the reason I laid out.

Oregon won consistently under Chip Kelly. Went on a hell of a run. They didn't have one top 10 class. Not one!

Clemson has been very fucking succesfull the past five years. They are not consistently in the top 10 in recruiting. More years than not, they aren't. This is fuckng ridiculous. Jesus fucking Christ.

Could we have a top 10 class some years? Yes. Consistently? Fuck no. You know it's not happening too.

If it took you two posts to re-say the same thing then you must be right.

I'll defer to your predictive powers. You have a great record knowing what Coach Pete is likely to achieve.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2017
    A-

Other schools that recruit well pretty much every year... Georgia, Florida, Penn State, A&M, Miami, Auburn, Oklahoma, Notre Dame... High standards are cool. I expect to be a top 10 team very frequently under Petersen.

We are better than a lot of these programs. We still won't consistently beat them to get in the top 10 in recruiting for the reason I laid out.

Oregon won consistently under Chip Kelly. Went on a hell of a run. They didn't have one top 10 class. Not one!

If it took you two posts to re-say the same thing then you must be right.

I'll defer to your predictive powers. You have a great record knowing what Coach Pete is likely to achieve.
    I'll take that as an admission of defeat. It's more like I expanded on a post to show you how absurd your claim really was.

You bitched plenty about Pete too. I support winning.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A-
    Another double post.. You wanted Justin Wilcox over Pete.