Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is your grade for this recruiting class?

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    B+

Tequilla said:

DDY is taking the gloves off

Why is DDY fighting with Roady, Tequila? Next man up? DDY's rehab doc must work wonders. Or else his pills are fucking great.
    Because Roady is FS when it comes to TBS'ing
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    B+

Hey @puppylove_sugarsteel. Miss ya buddy.

cosign
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    B
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Why is DDY fighting with Roady, Tequila? Next man up? DDY's rehab doc must work wonders. Or else his pills are fucking great.
    Don't let me stop the fight, but I think you're both ranking too high.

A- Roady? How? Degree of difficulty?
  • Options
    B+
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

disagree
  • Options
    B+
    Get the fuck off of where we finish with recruiting rankings ... it is all about quality for us because we don't have the quantity yearly now that we have a grown up that runs the program

The fact that we are taking anywhere from 15-20 a year per class versus a full 25 actually makes it EASIER for us to recruit well going forward

But keep posting Roady ... you sure are showing DDY what's up
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2017
    A-
    Tequilla said:

Get the fuck off of where we finish with recruiting rankings ... it is all about quality for us because we don't have the quantity yearly now that we have a grown up that runs the program

The fact that we are taking anywhere from 15-20 a year per class versus a full 25 actually makes it EASIER for us to recruit well going forward

But the point was about rankings?? I agree we are recruiting well and can do even better.

Are Alabama and every other fucking school I listed not concerned about quality?

I don't disagree with DDY about his overall philosophies on recruiting. To think we are going to consistently be top 10 (by any measure) is absurd. Arguing against that is literally ignoring years of data. I'm pretty sure the schools I listed will mostly continue to recruit well. It can't be any more clear, but believe what you want.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A-

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Don't let me stop the fight, but I think you're both ranking too high.

A- Roady? How? Degree of difficulty?
    Should have been a B or B+, mainly because of Haener. I posted the reasoning earlier.
  • Options
    B+

Tequilla said:

But the point was about rankings?? I agree we are recruiting well and can do even better.

Are Alabama and every other fucking school I listed not concerned about quality?
    Because the rankings as reported aren't standardized ... the way to standardize is based on quality not quantity
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2017
    B+
    @RoadDawg55
    If we keep producing 10+ wins seasons and send kids to NFL, we should be able to recruit top 10 recruiting classes on a star averages.
  • Options
    B+

@RoadDawg55
    If we keep producing 10+ wins seasons and send kids to NFL, we should be able to recruit top 10 recruiting classes on a star averages.

I think we can get to where we do this maybe 3 years out of 5. I don't think we'll ever be at the place where we do this five years in a row.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2017
    A-
    Split the top 30 recruiting teams into 3 tiers. 1-10 tier one, 10-20 tier 2, 20-30 tier 3.

Right now we are borderline tier 2, more likely tier 3. The original blue bloods listed are tier one. Getting into tier 2 and occasionally getting into tier one is definitely feasible.

Consistently getting into tier one probably isn't happening. It's simple stuff. We aren't geographically favored and those teams mostly win big every year (USC and Texas sometimes not). There is hardly a year those schools aren't top 10 in recruiting.

That leaves 3 or 4 spots open in tier one for 15 or so schools that are tier 2/ tier 3.

Alabama, Ohio State, USC, Texas, FSU, Michigan, Georgia, and LSU aren't going to stop pulling in great classes. You can argue quanity/quality, but I'm sure their average star ranking is high too.

Schools like Florida, Oklahoma, A&M, Penn State, Auburn, Clemson, Miami, etc are going to likely going to continue to recruit well like they do every fucking year. They get a lot of 4 star guys and occasionally a 5. All get more 5 star guys than UW. There are teams that suck and still reel in very good classes most years like Tennessee and UCLA.

It's not doogish, it doesn't mean we can't win (we already are). It's just the way it is. It doesn't mean we can't or won't recruit better. We can.

It's really not that difficult to understand. I'm not making any outlandish claim. I can't believe this is really an argument.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    B+

Split the top 30 recruiting teams into 3 tiers. 1-10 tier one, 10-20 tier 2, 20-30 tier 3.

Right now we are borderline tier 2, more likely tier 3. The original blue bloods listed are tier one. Getting into tier 2 and occasionally getting into tier one is definitely feasible.

Consistently getting into tier one probably isn't happening. It's simple stuff. We aren't geographically favored and those teams mostly win big every year (USC and Texas sometimes not). There is hardly a year those schools aren't top 10 in recruiting.

That leaves 3 or 4 spots open in tier one for 15 or so schools that are tier 2/ tier 3.

Alabama, Ohio State, USC, Texas, FSU, Michigan, Georgia, and LSU aren't going to stop pulling in great classes. You can argue quanity/quality, but I'm sure their average star ranking is high too.

Schools like Florida, Oklahoma, A&M, Penn State, Auburn, Clemson, Miami, etc are going to likely going to continue to recruit well like they do every fucking year. They get a lot of 4 star guys and occasionally a 5. All get more 5 star guys than UW. There are teams that suck and still reel in very good classes most years like Tennessee and UCLA.

It's not doogish, it doesn't mean we can't win (we already are). It's just the way it is. It doesn't mean we can't or won't recruit better. We can.

It's really not that difficult to understand. I'm not making any outlandish claim. I can't believe this is really an argument.

Including Clemson in that list makes my point for me.
  • Options
    NewsnitchNewsnitch Member Posts: 7
    5 Awesomes First Comment
    B-
    B-. Only place where we hit our goal was WR/TE. We got some work to do.
  • Options
    B+
    Newsnitch said:

Where the fuck is the old snitch? @Snitch was taken?!?

Get a goddamn avatar.
  • Options
    B+
    Newsnitch said:

CB?
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Total fucks given about this classes grades now = 0. Let's see what they do and how we grade them in the Callier.
  • Options
    B+
    kh83 said:

Total fucks given about this classes grades now = 0. Let's see what they do and how we grade them in the Callier.

Disagree.
  • Options
    FraleyMcClatcherFraleyMcClatcher Member Posts: 13
    First Comment 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    B
    This might be the best class at UW since Romar landed Pondexter, Nelson, Oliver and Hawes. If Marlon wasn't on the DNF list it would have been up there with that all Asian golf class a few years back.

We were any one or combination of IPM, Ah Chu, AVT or a Echols type away from it being a front runner.