Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kirkland

Comments

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

Fozzy?

Maybe it's Austin Jackson
    I'm actually hearing rumors about it possibly being Wyatt Davis.
    doogs are so gullible
    Whhhhhhhoooooooooooooooosssssssshhhhhhhhh
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Fozzy?

Maybe it's Austin Jackson
    I'm actually hearing rumors about it possibly being Wyatt Davis.
    doogs are so gullible
    Whhhhhhhoooooooooooooooosssssssshhhhhhhhh
    I love it, Roaddawg is spreading all kinds of doog fantasies giving peopl false hope lol
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414

The fucking Jack in the Box on the ave is one of most shadies fast food joints I ever been too. Great place to get shitty drugs and shitty food.

Been there. Done drugs there. Confirmed.
    did you do them inside that Jack back in the day?
    AEB said:

Despite the misses (and they were fucking huge led by that fucking pussy Fozzy), this is easily the best OL recruiting class in years. In fact, the 5 OL recruits over the past 2 classes are pretty good. Twattenberg, Harris, Bainvalu, Norgård, and Kirkland. (3 maybe 4 could be All PAC level) That said, We? still missed on the elite.

I like this OL class, it has talent and good potential. Aside from Bainivalu who could benefit from a year in the system, I hope it's a wait and see because the rest of these guys look like they need the year.

Ideally Socha can get them all in the weightroom 40 hrs a week and we can remember they are on the squad in about 18 months.

Just keep stockpiling the OL militia style until we are able to recruit the elite talent.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    DawgFader said:

The fucking Jack in the Box on the ave is one of most shadies fast food joints I ever been too. Great place to get shitty drugs and shitty food.

AEB said:

Despite the misses (and they were fucking huge led by that fucking pussy Fozzy), this is easily the best OL recruiting class in years. In fact, the 5 OL recruits over the past 2 classes are pretty good. Twattenberg, Harris, Bainvalu, Norgård, and Kirkland. (3 maybe 4 could be All PAC level) That said, We? still missed on the elite.

I like this OL class, it has talent and good potential. Aside from Bainivalu who could benefit from a year in the system, I hope it's a wait and see because the rest of these guys look like they need the year.

Ideally Socha can get them all in the weightroom 40 hrs a week and we can remember they are on the squad in about 18 months.

Just keep stockpiling the OL militia style until we are able to recruit the elite talent.
    If we ever play a true freshman on the line who doesn't end up a first round pick, everyone involved with our OL should be set on fire.

DawgFader said:

AEB said:

If we ever play a true freshman on the line who doesn't end up a first round pick, everyone involved with our OL should be set on fire.
    I think Bain might play next year
  • hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    I'm hearing that Strausser is feeling vindicated.
    hardhat said:

Are you hearing this from Roaddawg?
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    edited January 2017

DawgFader said:

AEB said:

No doubt about it, toss them in the dumpster and let'em burn.

Having all OLmen redshirt has to be the goal, less the top flight guys.

Newsflash: UW's still working on addressing its OL depth and it's talent gap. Not a huge amount of light in the tunnel.

This can be spun into a good taking point for potential recruits.

I got blasted earlier for saying Strausser should be on the hotseat at the very least because coaching is only half of the paycheck. (I may have said he should be cannned but that's semantics at this point).

Every position coach needs to be able to connect and resonate with their recruits. Pretty simple stuff. Taking plan B guys in the trenches down the stretch isnt a great recepite.

Get ready boys if your an OLmen, come spring ball you are in the middle of the competition.

Playing time is right on the horizon.

• hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343

hardhat said:

Are you hearing this from Roaddawg?
    May-bee!
  • BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    After watching his film, I'm cautiously optimistic. Obviously needs some work with his conditioning, etc.

But, that may be the most pancake blocks I have seen in a film. Has pretty good feet, and definitely good genes. This doesn't seem like some of the complete panic OL offers that I've seen the last 10 years.
  • guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784

guntlove said:

I don't know, Roadie. Our primary back-ups at tackle that Strausser's recruited are Hilbers & Burleson. If that doesn't scare the shit out of you, it should.

James will be a redshirt junior this year... so if he's planning on being serviceable, he should probably get going with that pretty soon.

There's so much dead weight on this OL roster, and there have been so many misses on highly recruited guys. The top end talent (outside of our two starting tackles) is pretty fucking terrible. And our depth is alarmingly bad. When a 6"1 270lb true freshman beats out every other guard you've recruited/coached for the last three years... then you haven't done a good enough job recruiting or developing the position. At some point Strausser can't always get a free pass.

Decent OL class this year despite the misses. There are still a lot of younger guys that haven't really played yet.

I'm anxious to see how Wattenberg, Hillbers, and Roberts look. I expect Harris to be much better. Maybe Burleson comes around. My early guess is Wattenberg wins the LG job based on Strausser's comments.

The line will be very good next year. The arguments both ways are valid. We "may" have some depth issues and we didn't pull in the elite guys, but there should also be a realization that the
    much maligned OL will probably be the best in the conference next year.

I agree that Strausser doesn't get a never ending pass, but he gets one until the OL sucks. We got mauled against Alabama. Hopefully this OL gets another shot to be tested in a game like that again.
    I'm not sure the line will be 'very good' next year. Our tackles, provided there are no injuries, look fantastic. Strausser deserves credit for the way he's developed those two dudes. He also deserves some credit for the jump that Eldrenkamp made this season.

But on the interior next year, you have Coleman, who IMO is the very definition of passably average, at center. Then you have Harris, who was a 270lb true freshman this year at one guard spot, and Twattenberg, who has never played a single down of college football at the other guard. Combine that with the fact that everything behind them (Turner, Sossebee, Kirkland, James) has done positively fuck-all the last four years under Strausser.... and you have a lot of reason for concern.

We should both agree that if you're recruiting and developing your OL roster properly you shouldn't, four years in, be starting a guy who's never played in a game before (Twattenberg), on a team that's expected to compete for a playoff spot. Just like you never should've had to play/start a 270lb true freshman last year.

Strausser put together a solid OL this season... they got exposed by Bama, but Bama exposed a lot of people. But his OL's the previous 2 seasons certainly weren't anything special. That basically means you have a coach who has produced a good unit one out of his three seasons so far, while also proving to be a collossal liability on the recruiting trail.

Yet guys like Bananas & Waffle, who are really good poasters, have Straussers testes crammed so far down their collective esophagus (shout out to @EsophagealTestes!!1!)... that they literally believe the man can do no wrong. It's weird.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited January 2017

guntlove said:

Give Strausser 3-4 years with this tub of lard, and he'll turn him into a road-grading dirt DAWG!!!!1!!1.... Just like he did with Brostek, and Kirkland, and Turner, and James, and Sossebee.... oh, wait.

Brostek was the only one that had offers like Kirkland.

Petersen came to UW, saw the shit we had at OL and the fact all of those guys were seniors and gave out some offers to Sosobee and Turner.

James was a Sark guy
    who actually started over McGary early last year. He's the one I think may turn out to be serviceable.
    No.

Also - Kirkland is fucking rad. Apparently he had grade problems, but if you can't tell from his film that he's good then fuck off.

He's like 80% of Trey Adams, basically. However, he will redshirt and stay until he is a senior most likely. I wanted us to offer him last summer.
    James committed along with the TE from Idaho before Petersen was hired. They both committed in the Summer of 2013. James committed on 7/30/13.

I like Kirkland too. I remember you wanting to offer him. Looks to be a powerful mauler.
    @RoadDawg55

I am hearing rumors Fozzy is flipping to UW can you confirm with your sources? lol
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    Kirkland is a 4* talent with grade problems, like Dontae Powell... quality pickup

Kirkland is a 4* talent with grade problems, like Dontae Powell... quality pickup

I think Dontae got attitude issues
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

I don't know, Roadie. Our primary back-ups at tackle that Strausser's recruited are Hilbers & Burleson. If that doesn't scare the shit out of you, it should.

James will be a redshirt junior this year... so if he's planning on being serviceable, he should probably get going with that pretty soon.

There's so much dead weight on this OL roster, and there have been so many misses on highly recruited guys. The top end talent (outside of our two starting tackles) is pretty fucking terrible. And our depth is alarmingly bad. When a 6"1 270lb true freshman beats out every other guard you've recruited/coached for the last three years... then you haven't done a good enough job recruiting or developing the position. At some point Strausser can't always get a free pass.

Decent OL class this year despite the misses. There are still a lot of younger guys that haven't really played yet.

I'm anxious to see how Wattenberg, Hillbers, and Roberts look. I expect Harris to be much better. Maybe Burleson comes around. My early guess is Wattenberg wins the LG job based on Strausser's comments.

The line will be very good next year. The arguments both ways are valid. We "may" have some depth issues and we didn't pull in the elite guys, but there should also be a realization that the
    much maligned OL will probably be the best in the conference next year.

I agree that Strausser doesn't get a never ending pass, but he gets one until the OL sucks. We got mauled against Alabama. Hopefully this OL gets another shot to be tested in a game like that again.
    I'm not sure the line will be 'very good' next year. Our tackles, provided there are no injuries, look fantastic. Strausser deserves credit for the way he's developed those two dudes. He also deserves some credit for the jump that Eldrenkamp made this season.

But on the interior next year, you have Coleman, who IMO is the very definition of passably average, at center. Then you have Harris, who was a 270lb true freshman this year at one guard spot, and Twattenberg, who has never played a single down of college football at the other guard. Combine that with the fact that everything behind them (Turner, Sossebee, Kirkland, James) has done positively fuck-all the last four years under Strausser.... and you have a lot of reason for concern.

We should both agree that if you're recruiting and developing your OL roster properly you shouldn't, four years in, be starting a guy who's never played in a game before (Twattenberg), on a team that's expected to compete for a playoff spot. Just like you never should've had to play/start a 270lb true freshman last year.

Strausser put together a solid OL this season... they got exposed by Bama, but Bama exposed a lot of people. But his OL's the previous 2 seasons certainly weren't anything special. That basically means you have a coach who has produced a good unit one out of his three seasons so far, while also proving to be a collossal liability on the recruiting trail.

Yet guys like Bananas & Waffle, who are really good poasters, have Straussers testes crammed so far down their collective esophagus (shout out to @EsophagealTestes!!1!)... that they literally believe the man can do no wrong. It's weird.
    Gunt, you are a very good poster. I just can't get on board with the thought the OL won't be very good next year.

We mostly mauled teams last year. 4 of 5 starters are back. I don't love Shelton, but the coaches do and he is a preseason All Pac 12 player. The white TE's return. We are in a good place for next year.
    What you are continually fail to understand is that any negative OL talk isn't about 2017 ... it SHOULD be just fine.

Have you thought about 2018 at all? What odds do you give to Adams leaving early? What about McGary? Odds of at least one? What about both?

Which of the following T prospects give you a lot of confidence going forward in 2018 (with their class at that point):

Matt James (RS SR), Jared Hilbers (RS JR), Devin Burleson (RS JR), Henry Bainivalu (RS Frosh), or Jaxson Kirkland (RS Frosh)? And if you listen to DDY, Bainivalu is likely a better G than T prospect.

Assuming that Nick Harris moves to C after Coleman Shelton's graduation, what guard prospects give you a lot of confidence going forward:

Jesse Sosebee (RS SR), Henry Roberts (RS JR), Luke Wattenburg (RS Soph), Cole Norgaard (RS Frosh)? Maybe you have hope for John Turner in his RS SR year?

At this point, I can say that I don't have a lot of confidence in James, Hilbers, Burleson, Sosebee, Roberts, or Turner due to their to date development and/or pedigree. You could twist my arm into saying that Hilbers and Roberts at least have some hope for it eventually clicking for them.

The 2017 class will likely be better than the balance of the last few years. It highlights how important it is for the 2018 class to be huge because the depth of talent in the OL right now isn't great.

We're heading to a point down the road where the underlying talent IF it doesn't develop is going to absolutely under mind the rest of the entire program.