Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kirkland

Comments

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I know exactly why. Cause they're cheap as fuck and take about 1 minute in the fryer and are just good enough to settle the swishing, swirling alcohol in your gut so you don't puke. Next best thing to a 7-11 Burrito at 3 a.m.
    Dude, get a big bite hot dog and cover that shit in nacho cheese and the chilli. No better way to spend your day on the shitter. Have a buddy that used to down two at a time, how he hasn't lost his legs or been relegated to a hover round is beyond me.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The fucking Jack in the Box on the ave is one of most shadies fast food joints I ever been too. Great place to get shitty drugs and shitty food.

Right up there with the one on 85th and Aurora. Can we get a food bored?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    guntlove said:

I don't know, Roadie. Our primary back-ups at tackle that Strausser's recruited are Hilbers & Burleson. If that doesn't scare the shit out of you, it should.

James will be a redshirt junior this year... so if he's planning on being serviceable, he should probably get going with that pretty soon.

There's so much dead weight on this OL roster, and there have been so many misses on highly recruited guys. The top end talent (outside of our two starting tackles) is pretty fucking terrible. And our depth is alarmingly bad. When a 6"1 270lb true freshman beats out every other guard you've recruited/coached for the last three years... then you haven't done a good enough job recruiting or developing the position. At some point Strausser can't always get a free pass.

This can't be said enough on this board ...

I like Bainivalu, Norgaard, and Kirkland. I'm not optimistic that we get Ford since he seems to want to play defense. Norgaard and Kirkland are not Plan A guys ... only Bainivalu on the surface has the elite level talent to be a national caliber player.

The dead weight is alarming ... and really when you look at the offensive side of the ball in general it's a constant theme. The odds are greater than 0 that Adams and/or McGary could declare for the NFL after the 2017 season. The shitshow on the OL only looks worse if that happens.

The 2018 OL class MUST BE huge with guys that can come in and compete for early playing time ... because the reality is that they will likely need to play early in their careers at UW.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2017
    Tequilla said:

guntlove said:

I don't know, Roadie. Our primary back-ups at tackle that Strausser's recruited are Hilbers & Burleson. If that doesn't scare the shit out of you, it should.

James will be a redshirt junior this year... so if he's planning on being serviceable, he should probably get going with that pretty soon.

There's so much dead weight on this OL roster, and there have been so many misses on highly recruited guys. The top end talent (outside of our two starting tackles) is pretty fucking terrible. And our depth is alarmingly bad. When a 6"1 270lb true freshman beats out every other guard you've recruited/coached for the last three years... then you haven't done a good enough job recruiting or developing the position. At some point Strausser can't always get a free pass.

This can't be said enough on this board ...

I like Bainivalu, Norgaard, and Kirkland. I'm not optimistic that we get Ford since he seems to want to play defense. Norgaard and Kirkland are not Plan A guys ... only Bainivalu on the surface has the elite level talent to be a national caliber player.

The dead weight is alarming ... and really when you look at the offensive side of the ball in general it's a constant theme. The odds are greater than 0 that Adams and/or McGary could declare for the NFL after the 2017 season. The shitshow on the OL only looks worse if that happens.

The 2018 OL class MUST BE huge with guys that can come in and compete for early playing time ... because the reality is that they will likely need to play early in their careers at UW.
    Just based off what the TBS sites have now, 2018 will be a very much weaker OL class for the West coast than 2017. Most of the high level talent isn't in UW's typical recruiting region. It's obviously way early to accurately judge it all, but that theme should more or less hold as the recruiting cycle plays out.

Dawson Jaramillo, Penei Sewell, Justin Dedich, Steven Jones, Sam Vakalahi. Those are the "plan A" guys for 2018 who already have been offered. Maybe 1 or 2 more get added to that list during the spring... but like I said, it's looking to be a thin class, especially at OT.

Sewell and Jaramillo are the more projected OT's... Sewell already has a deep offer list and is going to be recruited by a ton of teams nationally so that's not a recruit we should be *expecting* to land. We've gotten Jaramillo on campus multiple times for unofficial visits already so it's a good start there, but it'll be a battle with Cristobal and Oregon. We should at least land one of the other 3, all of whom look like guard or center prospects.

But if this year was any indication, we'll miss on all but 1 of those guys above, land one of the meh in-state linemen (Matthew Cindric or MJ Ale), and land some complete random plan D guy in January.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    guntlove said:

Decent OL class this year despite the misses. There are still a lot of younger guys that haven't really played yet.

I'm anxious to see how Wattenberg, Hillbers, and Roberts look. I expect Harris to be much better. Maybe Burleson comes around. My early guess is Wattenberg wins the LG job based on Strausser's comments.

The line will be very good next year. The arguments both ways are valid. We "may" have some depth issues and we didn't pull in the elite guys, but there should also be a realization that the
    much maligned OL will probably be the best in the conference next year.

I agree that Strausser doesn't get a never ending pass, but he gets one until the OL sucks. We got mauled against Alabama. Hopefully this OL gets another shot to be tested in a game like that again.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Fozzy?

Maybe it's Austin Jackson
    I'm actually hearing rumors about it possibly being Wyatt Davis.
    doogs are so gullible
  • Options

The fucking Jack in the Box on the ave is one of most shadies fast food joints I ever been too. Great place to get shitty drugs and shitty food.

Right up there with the one on 85th and Aurora. Can we get a food bored?
    I was not able to score dope at that Jack-in-the-box and I lived a block away from it. The one the ave, i was always solicited to buy some shit.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Pudgy midsection and pipe cleaner arms. Just what we needed.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Pudgy midsection and pipe cleaner arms. Just what we needed.

+ sex offender mug
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Despite the misses (and they were fucking huge led by that fucking pussy Fozzy), this is easily the best OL recruiting class in years. In fact, the 5 OL recruits over the past 2 classes are pretty good. Twattenberg, Harris, Bainvalu, Norgård, and Kirkland. (3 maybe 4 could be All PAC level) That said, We? still missed on the elite.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    It appears some of you don't believe the bar has been raised at the oline position.

Those that are Burleson haters, have you seen him up close?
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

It appears some of you don't believe the bar has been raised at the oline position.

The bar has been raised. The misses are painful, but my point is that OL recruiting has improved. Proverbial, 2018 OL recruiting is really going to be special this time...
  • Options
    2018 is going to be shit, there are not many good OL recruits on the west coast
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

Nah. He didn't play much as a redshirt freshman. He obviously sucks and will never get any better.