Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I'm hearing

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Smartest Guy in the Room

I admit when the news broke that Willie Taggart had been hired as our new head coach, I wasn't totally enthused by it. However, without playing a single down he has turned me into a believer.
The man seems to know the one key to success that all great leaders know....surround yourself with the best. His hires he has made so far (both officially and those that are rumored to be a done deal) are nothing short of masterful, for many reasons. Not only is he getting guys who are objectively near the top of their profession in terms of coaching ability (Leavitt, Salave'a, Cristobal, etc), but they bring the added dimension of being well known and effective recruiters. Additionally, their recruiting ties/bases are spread out, from Florida, to SEC country, to the West coast and the Poly islands.
Regardless of where this year's class checks in rankings wise, WT has laid the foundation for future success, most likely sooner rather than later. Oregon football's future looks bright!
Go Ducks!

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    It all comes down to the HC, and they will likely be shitty still. But I'd love to have Cristobal, DAMNIT!
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    To paraphrase Herman Muenster as the judge in My Cousin Vinny:

Your poast is well crafted, salient, erudite and insightful...over ruled

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    WIN EVERY MINUTE, WIN EVERY HOUR, & as always,
    WIN THE DAY!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!211!!!!!!!!!!!1@!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@1!!!1!!@!
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Everyone is talking about the difference between Helfrich and Taggart

Taggart at least is smart enough to surround himself with a competent staff. Helfrich... not so much.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sounds like Sumlin is about to relinquish his title of Black Sark.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2017

The ducks could be right here but the DAWG posters can't help but chuckle at how familiar this is.

Especially under Sark

I do disagree with Moss on the percentage of importance of game management. It much higher than 5%. Sark did some of the other shit well, but not as great at recruiting as his press, but he was shit on Saturday.

We just had a reminder of that

Willie "banana in the tail pipe" Taggarts defining move out of the gate. He drains the SFU Swamp and brings in a nice child beater d coordinator. I'm moderately concerned this guy is a really good coach.

Will he continue turning D's around? If so, I'm thinking / hoping he's gone soon to be a HC. Much of the D might bounce with him. The D side moves look good on paper but it also reads like a short term solution.

...and if the turn around doesn't happen, swoosh is gonna let heads roll. To keep it in the family, 49rers Chip style. Can't get too far away from winning otherwise the gear test market is in jeopardy. Need more than just die hards reppin at this point.

Potentially unrealistic expectations have been set, Mariota was a once a generation talent and Sarks was a bitch for not landing him.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

The ducks could be right here but the DAWG posters can't help but chuckle at how familiar this is.

Especially under Sark

I do disagree with Moss on the percentage of importance of game management. It much higher than 5%. Sark did some of the other shit well, but not as great at recruiting as his press, but he was shit on Saturday.

I don't see any similarities between the two other than they were both hired as head coaches by random college football programs. This happens several times a year in college football.

If your talking about fan reactions then fine. every fan base has its jerks... If your talking about the coaches themselves, other than hiring assistants, which is part of the job, what exactly are the similarities between the two?

Seven was never a head coach before THE DUB, out drank and out sexed his players and gave them a week off during the season. There's no indication these two will run similar programs.

LIFPO

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I forgot about Sark giving the team the week off. Jesus, Mary and Joseph I still can't believe it.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2017

Especially under Sark

When Sark was hired it was nothing but "Dude, brah" and house money. He didn't talk about how shitty things were which I think is important.

Willie was hired, thanked everyone and made it perfectly clear the previous staff had gotten lazy as fuck and the head coach was a pussy. To be able to say that publicly, tell the players publicly to work hard or GTFO, and hiring a staff that on paper appears to be as good as any in the region looks nothing like Sark.

Another thing that is very telling is there are Duck players posting on the twatters that the new strength coach has them sore and worn out. Bowl season is just ending and these guys have been in college for a few years. In no way should their lifting program be kicking their ass this time of year. It's another indication that the football program from absolute top to bottom was a fucking mess.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sark was a "program rebuilder" and so is Taggert. AKA when they get their shit pushed in by the big boys mouth breathing fans come along talking about program rebuilding and incremental progress.

The only difference between the two is Taggert is really serious about weeding out those snakes.
  • Options
    haie said:

Sark was a "program rebuilder" and so is Taggert. AKA when they get their shit pushed in by the big boys mouth breathing fans come along talking about program rebuilding and incremental progress.

The only difference between the two is Taggert is really serious about weeding out those snakes.

Where?

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Mosster47 said:

Especially under Sark

When Sark was hired it was nothing but "Dude, brah" and house money. He didn't talk about how shitty things were which I think is important.

Willie was hired, thanked everyone and made it perfectly clear the previous staff had gotten lazy as fuck and the head coach was a pussy. To be able to say that publicly, tell the players publicly to work hard or GTFO, and hiring a staff that on paper appears to be as good as any in the region looks nothing like Sark.

Another thing that is very telling is there are Duck players posting on the twatters that the new strength coach has them sore and worn out. Bowl season is just ending and these guys have been in college for a few years. In no way should their lifting program be kicking their ass this time of year. It's another indication that the football program from absolute top to bottom was a fucking mess.

So the players are working harder than ever?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Where?

That's the point.

You might wanna try Fishduck or addicted to quack or some other shit hole. Seems to be more your speed.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

Where?

That's the point.

Fill me in, Was it at El Camino?

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

haie said:

haie said:

Where?

That's the point.

Fill me in, Was it at El Camino?

It was sarkasm