Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tommy Togiai, 4* 2018 DT, Pocatello (Highland), ID (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Our 10th coach should be Tosh and it isn't close. Tosh is an elite recruiter, has learned how to properly exchange gifts, and closes Togiai et al. rather easily.

I don't think it's overreacting to say our DL is now in a state of neglect going forward.
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    biak1 said:

Our 10th coach should be Tosh and it isn't close. Tosh is an elite recruiter, has learned how to properly exchange gifts, and closes Togiai et al. rather easily.

I don't think it's overreacting to say our DL is now in a state of neglect going forward.

We have 2 4 star DL commits... we are screwed for the next year or so maybe.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,296
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    It is possible to both acknowledge that Malloe is a bad recruiter that's holding us back AND still be excited about Bynum & Taimani
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

biak1 said:

We basically need to stay perfectly healthy the next 2 seasons to have okay to decent depth at DT. If Levi or Jaylen Johnson go down this year (both guys have been banged up once or twice too) then we're fucked. If Taimani or Levi go down in 2019 we're probably fucked. Draco is gonna be good, and Zion probably too, but we're going to be light at NT.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

biak1 said:

The issue is that when it comes to interior DT, the 1 1i 2 tech guys, the cupboard is bare. Completely. Taimani may play there, but at best that's 2 in the last 3 classes. We'll have more QB than DT on the roster.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Of course Tosh isn't coming here, but I'd go full doog if he did. Malloe has now gone 0-2 on guys that should've been his to seal the deal. More if you count the Utah guys from last year.

AFAIK there is anticipated off-season attrition along the DL, not to mention our lack of good Bucks. We have Levi and Jaylen and...?
  • Options

biak1 said:

The issue is that when it comes to interior DT, the 1 1i 2 tech guys, the cupboard is bare. Completely. Taimani may play there, but at best that's 2 in the last 3 classes. We'll have more QB than DT on the roster.
    Taimani gonna be the only guy on our DL with an ass
  • Options
    YouNeed2ChillYouNeed2Chill Member Posts: 57
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    It’s okay guys we don’t need DT’s we can just hire Grinch to implement the speed D.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Dennis likes to talk about wasted resources ... as soon as we realized this was a dirty recruitment and we didn’t want to play the needed game we should have cut bait and moved on

Resources we could've possibly spent on in-homes with Cravens leading up to a December 15th visit potentially.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    here's a small part of it....brand.

i've said it before and i'll say it again, UW has completely destroyed its own brand and is doing nothing to get it back.

Big boy schools don't let Nike fuck with their uniforms too much but we do. We have gone from a big brand that has to resolve a crisis to becoming a non-brand that never got serious again.

I don't give a fuck if some of the young recruits like crazy uniforms, the kids signing at Bama and USC and tOSU, etc are getting very traditional uniforms but they're buying into the brands.

Jen Cohen has got to take ownership of this thing in my opinion. Own your fucking brand - enough of these black outs and alternate uniforms and white helmets and black helmets, etc...build a fucking brand.

ESPN treats us like little bitches because we don't act or look like one of the prominent college programs. We look like we went cute with the brand about the same time Boise State painted their field blue. Yeah, if you go there you end up thinking it's cool, but nobody goes to UW because of our brand...that needs to change.

How the fuck is it we have the worst looking brand in the Pac12 most weekends?

Dreck
  • Options
    BallzDeep said:

It’s okay guys we don’t need DT’s we can just hire Grinch to implement the speed D.

Honestly all we need to do is switch the defense to more of a true 4-3 with more D-line bodies on the line of scrimmage and we'll be good upfront again next season.
    So to address our lack of DL depth problem, you suggest we play more DL?
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,305
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    But seriously Malloe, Larry Johnson at tOSU was on the Penn State defensive staff from 1996 through 2013. Surely at some point in there he was complicit in covering up Sandusky raping boys.

That’s who we lost to. Fucking pathetic.