Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tommy Togiai, 4* 2018 DT, Pocatello (Highland), ID (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Meek said:

here's a small part of it....brand.

i've said it before and i'll say it again, UW has completely destroyed its own brand and is doing nothing to get it back.

Big boy schools don't let Nike fuck with their uniforms too much but we do. We have gone from a big brand that has to resolve a crisis to becoming a non-brand that never got serious again.

I don't give a fuck if some of the young recruits like crazy uniforms, the kids signing at Bama and USC and tOSU, etc are getting very traditional uniforms but they're buying into the brands.

Jen Cohen has got to take ownership of this thing in my opinion. Own your fucking brand - enough of these black outs and alternate uniforms and white helmets and black helmets, etc...build a fucking brand.

ESPN treats us like little bitches because we don't act or look like one of the prominent college programs. We look like we went cute with the brand about the same time Boise State painted their field blue. Yeah, if you go there you end up thinking it's cool, but nobody goes to UW because of our brand...that needs to change.

How the fuck is it we have the worst looking brand in the Pac12 most weekends?

Dreck

So your argument boils down to the fact that we let Nike change our uniforms and that’s why we can’t win elite recruits battles. Ok!
    two things:

First, i said a small part.

Second, yes if you want to be considered dream school by kids outside of the immediate vicinity then brand matters.

I get it seems stupid but it's yet another reality check that we really don't have a brand. We have Pete and that is part of it, but nobody's building the rest of the brand around him properly.
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

BallzDeep said:

BallzDeep said:

It’s okay guys we don’t need DT’s we can just hire Grinch to implement the speed D.

Honestly all we need to do is switch the defense to more of a true 4-3 with more D-line bodies on the line of scrimmage and we'll be good upfront again next season.
    So to address our lack of DL depth problem, you suggest we play more DL?
    Our depth is not that bad. So we're looking at a possible depth chart of:

NT: Jaylen Johnson, Sam Taimani
    3 Tech: Levi Onwuzurike, Josiah Bronson
    5-tech: Benning Potoa'e, Jared Pulu, Shane Bowman
    Buck: Ryan Bowman, probably Joe Tryon.

All after another year of development.
    So
    NT: True Freshman in 2 deeps
    3-Tech: Walk on in 2 deeps
    5-Tech: Guy who's been doing stand up LB for 3 years starting and walk on in 2 deeps
    Buck: Walk On and Redshirt Frosh Project in 2 deeps

Bronson is not a guy who has walk-on level talent at all.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2017

BallzDeep said:

BallzDeep said:

It’s okay guys we don’t need DT’s we can just hire Grinch to implement the speed D.

Honestly all we need to do is switch the defense to more of a true 4-3 with more D-line bodies on the line of scrimmage and we'll be good upfront again next season.
    So to address our lack of DL depth problem, you suggest we play more DL?
    Our depth is not that bad. So we're looking at a possible depth chart of:

NT: Jaylen Johnson, Sam Taimani
    3 Tech: Levi Onwuzurike, Josiah Bronson
    5-tech: Benning Potoa'e, Jared Pulu, Shane Bowman
    Buck: Ryan Bowman, probably Joe Tryon.

All after another year of development.
    So
    NT: True Freshman in 2 deeps
    3-Tech: Walk on in 2 deeps
    5-Tech: Guy who's been doing stand up LB for 3 years starting and walk on in 2 deeps
    Buck: Walk On and Redshirt Frosh Project in 2 deeps

Bronson is not a guy who has walk-on level talent at all.

I like Bronson but how good do we realistically think he's going to be next year? Do you want to rely on a guy transferring from Temple and putting on 30 pounds to start if Levi goes down?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2017
    BallzDeep said:

Tremblay or bust

You're going to be disappointed then. A Cali kid who came from getting zero offers out of high school to getting that USC offer he's probably been dreaming about his whole life ain't coming here.
    I’ll be fine
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    When you play true or RS Frosh on the OL or DL it often means either the kid is really good and/or your depth sucks ... most of the time it is a clear case of abundance
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,914
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Welp... I guess I prefer this to him jumping to USC at the last minute
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 757
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Welp... I guess I prefer this to him jumping to USC at the last minute

It's not over for USC!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    It's cute anybody thought we had a shot at this kid.

Win the twitter battle. NEM.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

Meek said:

here's a small part of it....brand.

i've said it before and i'll say it again, UW has completely destroyed its own brand and is doing nothing to get it back.

Big boy schools don't let Nike fuck with their uniforms too much but we do. We have gone from a big brand that has to resolve a crisis to becoming a non-brand that never got serious again.

I don't give a fuck if some of the young recruits like crazy uniforms, the kids signing at Bama and USC and tOSU, etc are getting very traditional uniforms but they're buying into the brands.

Jen Cohen has got to take ownership of this thing in my opinion. Own your fucking brand - enough of these black outs and alternate uniforms and white helmets and black helmets, etc...build a fucking brand.

ESPN treats us like little bitches because we don't act or look like one of the prominent college programs. We look like we went cute with the brand about the same time Boise State painted their field blue. Yeah, if you go there you end up thinking it's cool, but nobody goes to UW because of our brand...that needs to change.

How the fuck is it we have the worst looking brand in the Pac12 most weekends?

Dreck

So your argument boils down to the fact that we let Nike change our uniforms and that’s why we can’t win elite recruits battles. Ok!
    Is it really that hard to fucking understand...

UW has also killed the student base by moving them to the end zone and charging students for tickets rather than making them bid for them by attending other events

UW used to be one of only 4-5 other teams that had never scheduled a div 2 (or whatever pussy shit they are calling it now) team and now every season we have a shitfuck non conference schedule

UW watches Larry Scott go on TV with ESPN in our fucking stadium and shit all over the "cupcake" schedule and does nothing

UW has the faggot zone that empties the stadium for every second half kickoff

UW pushes shit pussy sports like tennis or golf in its commercials rather than actually airing a football ad on TV every once and awhile

UW gets treated like a plucky isolated upstart in every national matchup, it isnt an accident, UW marketing has got to be one of the worst departments in college football...

TLDR; Crazy Larry Mother Fucker
    This post should be pinned on main board.
    Says it all.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,534
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I trust the OSU bag man.