Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tommy Togiai, 4* 2018 DT, Pocatello (Highland), ID (Offered)

Comments

• UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    Tequilla said:

MOTHER FUCKER FUCK THIS SHIT MAN. STEP UP OR GET THE FUCK OUT. FUCK

Are you advocating that we are paying for players if Togiai is collecting cash as part of his recruitment?

The logistics of traveling to Columbus are far from easy for a 330 pm eastern game ...

Travel to Salt Lake City = 2 hours
    Minimum flight duration = 6 hours w at least 1 connecting flight

Prices far from cheap for those flights ... particularly if booked recently
    A small price Coach Gino Mariani is willing to pay for, especially with the riches he should be rewarded with by delivering Togiai to Meyer and OSU
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Tequilla said:

Are you advocating that we are paying for players if Togiai is collecting cash as part of his recruitment?

The logistics of traveling to Columbus are far from easy for a 330 pm eastern game ...

NO, JUST BE BETTER AT YOUR JOB. Tommy has no clue his coach is getting paid. It doesn’t matter, get to his parents and convince him to come up in the next few weeks. GET IT DONE OR LEAVE!!!!!!1!1
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    I'm trying to find an example of another blue chip recruit's coach openly and publicly campaigning for a particular school. Not having success.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    edited October 2017
    Tequilla said:

yep. I find it highly unlikely togiai's family is willing to pay for it again
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

NO, JUST BE BETTER AT YOUR JOB. Tommy has no clue his coach is getting paid. It doesn’t matter, get to his parents and convince him to come up in the next few weeks. GET IT DONE OR LEAVE!!!!!!1!1
    This is not advocating for Malloe as I’ve long been adamant that he was asleep at the wheel last year on Marlon and ultimately this year he will be judged on what appears to be throwing the balance of his hope in w Togiai given his DL recruiting performance this year in the non-Draco division ...

The mistake w Togiai if he or his coach is being paid is putting your eggs in that basket if you aren’t playing that game.

It’s going to be amusing watching Dennis and you lose your shit after getting worked up on a possibility of something that a few short months ago neither would have given a 1% chance of being a possibility ... pure insanity

Recruits matter and nobody will be more adamant about that than me ... but this is exactly why living/dying with every tea leaf movement of a recruit doesn’t do any good and drives massive mood swings ... wake me up on Signing Day
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    And I find it hard to believe that Tommy and/or his family are completely clueless about the coach and/or funds
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    Roof now says mama Togiai sayin he ain’t goin no fuckin wheres

Roof now says mama Togiai sayin he ain’t goin no fuckin wheres

she gave herself an out saying unless he comes home and I hear otherwise
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    Tequilla said:

And I find it hard to believe that Tommy and/or his family are completely clueless about the coach and/or funds

They read these boreds.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

This is not advocating for Malloe as I’ve long been adamant that he was asleep at the wheel last year on Marlon and ultimately this year he will be judged on what appears to be throwing the balance of his hope in w Togiai given his DL recruiting performance this year in the non-Draco division ...

The mistake w Togiai if he or his coach is being paid is putting your eggs in that basket if you aren’t playing that game.

It’s going to be amusing watching Dennis and you lose your shit after getting worked up on a possibility of something that a few short months ago neither would have given a 1% chance of being a possibility ... pure insanity

Recruits matter and nobody will be more adamant about that than me ... but this is exactly why living/dying with every tea leaf movement of a recruit doesn’t do any good and drives massive mood swings ... wake me up on Signing Day
    Agreed I never watch a recruits film until they are signed....

I enjoy the idea that Togiai could come home today and be like, “hi mom, let’s go to Columbus, OH tomorrow!”

3-5 tickets please! They only cost $1,600 a pop!

“But mommmm! I wanna!!!”

the whole tui debacle apparently started with "free tickets" to a USC game.

it's amazing how often these things are just lying around
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    No way the parents are paying that much for him to go again given the mom's tone.

Now just imagine if the coach paid $1,700 for Tommy to go to Columbus this weekend... and then he didn't commit... then he follows the script and visits USC in December and commits there. He'd never hear from uncle Urban again. I'd fucking laugh until my grave
    NEsnake12 said:

No way the parents are paying that much for him to go again given the mom's tone.

Now just imagine if the coach paid $1,700 for Tommy to go to Columbus this weekend... and then he didn't commit... then he follows the script and visits USC in December and commits there. He'd never hear from uncle Urban again. I'd fucking laugh until my grave

hey mom guess what. I'm going on a trip this weekend that's gonna cost probably more than a thousand bucks. see you Monday!
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    dhdawg said:

NEsnake12 said:

hey mom guess what. I'm going on a trip this weekend that's gonna cost probably more than a thousand bucks. see you Monday!
    No way he goes alone. The parents would clearly go (they want him at UW). Probably the coach and maybe his siblings.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

FUck that fat fuck. When you hear about mayhem in Idaho, it's me.

Recruiting is like fire water to the noble Redman