Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DE Tryon (WSU commit) supposedly offered

Per his twatters. This kid is a stud and 1 of 2 coug commits that would be worth poaching.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Chinteresting...
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Has the size at 6'5" to get to 255-260 very easily ... would be the type of guy that if he RS, develops as a RS Frosh, he could easily enter the rotation as a RS Soph and be a probable upper class starter
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Per his twatters. This kid is a stud and 1 of 2 coug commits that would be worth poaching.

Who is the other kid you like @bananasnblondes ?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I cannot recall that I've ever had such an about face on a recruit from their junior to their senior film.

His junior film is a nightmare. I thought he sucked and didn't want him.

However, when these rumors started flying Coker and I went back and watched the senior film and HOLY SHIT, I fucking love him. He's sort of a combo between Benning and Amandre on some level. I think he should be a 4-star kid, honestly.

I'm really psyched about the offer. He's a guy that will really flourish in our D, IMO. And, obviously, he will come to UW.

(I like Norgaard a lot, also)

Just curious did you like him or the Arizona offer? I am assuming the staff liked the Arizona kid more as a de.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    @AtomicDawg - I like him more than the Harris kid. The Harris kid has some really outstanding quickness, but I think Tryon is the full package.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Does he have the grades? I thought he and Ali Gaye had pretty bad grades. I love both of their films.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Does he have the grades? I thought he and Ali Gaye had pretty bad grades. I love both of their films.

If we offered then I'd expect that the grades check out
  • Options
    Does this mean dontae Powell cannot spell his name well enough to get an offer?
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996

I cannot recall that I've ever had such an about face on a recruit from their junior to their senior film.

His junior film is a nightmare. I thought he sucked and didn't want him.

However, when these rumors started flying Coker and I went back and watched the senior film and HOLY SHIT, I fucking love him. He's sort of a combo between Benning and Amandre on some level. I think he should be a 4-star kid, honestly.

I'm really psyched about the offer. He's a guy that will really flourish in our D, IMO. And, obviously, he will come to UW.

(I like Norgaard a lot, also)

Nice! Glad to hear it. Makes me feel a little better about FS.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Don't Powell, the OL from Richland. Word is Tryon had grade issues but has gotten his shit together with his academis and so they offered hin. Powell has supposedly gotten his academis shit together a little too. Maybe another late offer candidate.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    No doubt there are diamond in the ruff and Petersen is really good at unearthing them but...Let's not get carried away. Tyron and the rest of "these guys" (last minute ditch offers) are alright. They may end up being nice players but hoping for more than middle late round / FA outcomes is a stretch and will leave us as a fan base disappointed.

If UW wants to be the best it needs to keep winning and complete the overhaul and rebuild of its Brand.

UW needs to be recognized as the murder 1 of defense and the frontline balance offensive attack that the NFL looks too model (copycat leagie) it's game after.

NFL All Pro talent is what we as a fan base aspire to have our team be developing. That requires a different ceiling than these guys have.

Next year is gonna be completely different as this season is going to pay huge dividends! The talent is about to line up. Can't wait for the storyline to match up.

We finally have a program. It's been a long time.
  • Options

Don't Powell, the OL from Richland. Word is Tryon had grade issues but has gotten his shit together with his academis and so they offered hin. Powell has supposedly gotten his academis shit together a little too. Maybe another late offer candidate.
    That would actually be a solid class if they got bain, Powell and norgaard or someone similar. In a normal year that would be strong. This is not a normal year though.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    He's looks extremely fast for his size. It's like he's shot out of a cannon coming off the snap. Edge pass rusher?
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    @CokeGreaterThanPepsi are we out on Austin Jackson and any shot at Wyatt Davis? I thought Davis was tripping in Jan.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    tvoie said:

He's looks extremely fast for his size. It's like he's shot out of a cannon coming off the snap. Edge pass rusher? Exquisite Hips.

FIFY