Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DE Tryon (WSU commit) supposedly offered

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2762457/57f3d42b7bddf76044b2ca2d

Yeah, I'd rather he not go to WSU. Athletically, he reminds me off a 3* version of DJ Johnson. Obviously not nearly the player, but he's got the tools.

Fuck him being a 3-star... He's a 4-star in my mind - and DJ is a 5-star in my mind.

Tryon is a fucking beast and the kind of kid you can win big time with. This kid is going to be 6-5, 260 and play BUCK for us. I absolutely love him.
    How long to get the Hazen outta him?
    Yeah, this is the only problem I see with him. Do our coaches actually know what it means to go to fucking Hazen?

CHRIST.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Yeah, I'd rather he not go to WSU. Athletically, he reminds me off a 3* version of DJ Johnson. Obviously not nearly the player, but he's got the tools.

Fuck him being a 3-star... He's a 4-star in my mind - and DJ is a 5-star in my mind.

Tryon is a fucking beast and the kind of kid you can win big time with. This kid is going to be 6-5, 260 and play BUCK for us. I absolutely love him.
    Yeah, this is the only problem I see with him. Do our coaches actually know what it means to go to fucking Hazen?

CHRIST.
    In fairness, Hazen and Sehome are pretty equivalent, solely on quality of football.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

CHRIST.
    In fairness, Hazen and Sehome are pretty equivalent, solely on quality of football.
    I look at it like this - if I had to tell anyone I went to Sehome, I would be like, 'yeah whatever, that's fine'. If I had to tell people I went to the pussy Renton school I would shoot myself.
    Sehome is a bigger pussy school than Hazen, and it's not even close
    #TheyAreAGymnasticsSchool
  • Options

CHRIST.
    I look at it like this - if I had to tell anyone I went to Sehome, I would be like, 'yeah whatever, that's fine'. If I had to tell people I went to the pussy Renton school I would shoot myself.
    Sehome is a bigger pussy school than Hazen, and it's not even close
    #TheyAreAGymnasticsSchool
    Agreed, but it's one thing to be a pussy school in Bellingham and another entirely to be a pussy school in Renton.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    AIRWOLF said:

A local Buck prospect who has the athleticism to destroy on bubble screens and wheel routes as a WR?

With the icing on the cake of taking the best recruit WSU has?

It literally doesn't get any better than that. I love this kid.

And I also love that Jason Puckett was bitching about it today on twitter. So bonus points!
  • Options
    KevininTacomaKevininTacoma Member Posts: 122
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Cougfan quotes Tryon as "I'm still WSU". Also says he's no plans on a visit, he's visiting WSU on the 13th and Oregon on the 31st.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    Swaye said:

tvoie said:

Swaye said:

SO Noorgard is in play and is relatively legit...not some total reach Plan D type?

Anything else on the OL horizon? If we got Noorgard, plus Bain, don't we need another? Damnit I need a state of OL recruiting thread! I feel dirty again.

@Dennis_DeYoung
    @CokeGreaterThanPepsi

Sean Seaward and then Nick Ford
    Are either of them worthwhile, or typical late stage reaches?
    I am not a good TBSer, so I have no fucking clue. To be honest, I am so pissed about Foster that I can't even begin to pretend to give a shit.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    Founders Club
    AIRWOLF said:

A local Buck prospect who has the athleticism to destroy on bubble screens and wheel routes as a WR?

@Dennis_DeYoung is this Bryce Sterk part deux?

I think this is a huge spring for Sterk.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Swaye said:

@Swaye - here's what I have heard: Nick Ford, the problem is they checked his growth plates and it looks like he will get to 6-10 potentially. That worried them as they hate Dev Burleson apparently. I dunno. Just what I'm hearing.

Cole Norgaard is a really good player, but he's a project. Amazing #rarehuman ability, but he's not going to be ready for a while.

After that I don't know where we go. Maybe Seawards who I fucking hate.

There is still a 'mystery recruit' at OL that could be Davis (I think it likely is). If we get him and Norgaard I will be happy as fuck.

How do you guys know this shit?
    Rare TBS powers. When you lose some abilities (legs in this case) your others powers amplify to make up for it. @Dennis_DeYoung is like a crippled Daredevil, only with boys hips as his super power.
    I had a visual of him as The Flash in a wheelchair. I laughed.
  • Options
    AEB said:

AIRWOLF said:

@Dennis_DeYoung is this Bryce Sterk part deux?

I think this is a huge spring for Sterk.
    WAYYYYY better than Sterk. Sterk could be good, but was a total flier based on athleticism. This kid knows how to play football.

If I were giving stars, I'd give him 4 I'd have given Sterk 2.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    So is he staying with the coogs?
  • Options
    Passion said:

Pop quiz: name the last WWa recruit the Cuogs beat us for.
  • Options
    KevininTacomaKevininTacoma Member Posts: 122
    Gino Simone 2011?
  • Options

Gino Simone 2011?

Did Sark offer him at the end? If so F you Sark!!!

I know we didn't offer him early.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

Joe Tryon?
  • Options
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Joe Tryon?
    Why would we lose him to the Cuogs?