Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"Unbiased" Peach Bowl Preview ...

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Can I citrus bomb this thread yet?
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Can I citrus bomb this thread yet?

Yes
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Secfans said:

Tequilla said:

It's the worst game UW played all year by a wide margin ... in the long run, probably good for them to have gone through it

Honest question, not being a dick.

Isn't it somewhat telling that the "worst game UW played all year" coincided with the only really good team you played all year? This isn't an "SEC good, PAC bad" comment, as Bama played their share of turds this season. But you only faced one good team this year (no Colorado doesn't count).

I ask this because we're having a really hard time giving this UW team proper context. Like 2014 Ohio St, it's so hard to know who this team is because on one hand, your schedule was seriously trash...on the other hand, you wrecked your entire schedule. People don't understand how hard it is to play a 13 game schedule and have 1 loss and one other game that was at all in doubt.

You can't help that other teams on your schedule sucked. All you could do is go out and take care of business. But the showing against USC would have me wondering if that game was the result of finally playing a good team and that's who UW really is, or if it was just a bad day.

I tend to think it's the latter, it's just so hard to tell.

Not a dick question at all ...

I look at things from the perspective of what caused the breakdowns? Was it a talent issue? Or was it an execution issue?

When I see fundamental issues w Washington's RG position or perhaps plugging holes at OLB that to me is a talent issue that you may not be able to scheme around.

When looking at poor game planning, bad fundamentals, not getting the right drops in coverage, not coming back to balls leading to INTs, forcing throws, etc ... those are really correctable to me.

The SC game had a lot more of the latter than the former
  • Options
    montyfranklynmontyfranklyn Member Posts: 119
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    You guys do realize this is basically a home game for Bama don't you?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

How far is Altoona from Tuscaloosa?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

No clue until you mentioned it.

We all thought Atlanta was in Idaho. Just like you all thought Warshington was Southern Alaska until you found HHB.

But tell me again how the CFB called this a neutral site matchup?
  • Options
    SecfansSecfans Member Posts: 44
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I look at things from the perspective of what caused the breakdowns? Was it a talent issue? Or was it an execution issue?

When I see fundamental issues w Washington's RG position or perhaps plugging holes at OLB that to me is a talent issue that you may not be able to scheme around.

When looking at poor game planning, bad fundamentals, not getting the right drops in coverage, not coming back to balls leading to INTs, forcing throws, etc ... those are really correctable to me.

So, you mentioned game planning, the game was 17-13 heading into the 4th. And yes, you only had 0.6 YPC for the game, but almost all of that was due to sacks.

Why did UW abandon the run almost completely? Chico had one carry, Gaskin 15. But the most criminal of offenses was Coleman with only 2 carries. He's the type of runner that could actually do well against USC.

What happened there?

• Options
    Jonathan Smith - everything Alabama fans feel about Kiffin we feel about Smith
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,099
    Tequilla said:

The sum total hatred in the hearts of all the bigoted Alabama fans in the world does not come close to the ire I feel towards Jonathan Smith on a benevolent day.
  • Options

Because Bama doesn't lose at home right?

From 2011 forward, Alabama has lost 3 home games, 2 at neutral sites (both in New Orleans), and 2 on the road.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Because Bama doesn't lose at home right?

From 2011 forward, Alabama has lost 3 home games, 2 at neutral sites (both in New Orleans), and 2 on the road.

If a UW team loses at Husky Stadium and nobody's there to see it, does it count? Ayooooo.

• Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    Secfans said:

Tequilla said:

So, you mentioned game planning, the game was 17-13 heading into the 4th. And yes, you only had 0.6 YPC for the game, but almost all of that was due to sacks.

Why did UW abandon the run almost completely? Chico had one carry, Gaskin 15. But the most criminal of offenses was Coleman with only 2 carries. He's the type of runner that could actually do well against USC.

What happened there?

You've stumbled upon the biggest chink in the armor:

• Options
    AlCzervik said:

So how does one explain your impressive scoring this season?

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    Secfans said:

AlCzervik said:

Former Cal coach and current Fresno State coach Jeff Tedford. He was a "consultant" for UW until hired late in the year by FSU.

Shirley, you are familiar with this concept.

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Secfans said:

AlCzervik said:

Our conference being shit probably had something to do with it.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Secfans said:

AlCzervik said:

Jeff Tedford training wheels. Babushka did fuck all.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

Tequilla said:

The sum total hatred in the hearts of all the bigoted Alabama fans in the world does not come close to the ire I feel towards Jonathan Smith on a benevolent day.
    Cute post but stereotyping Alabama with a 50's era narrative is progressive SJW bullshit.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,099
    Secfans said:

As others have noted, our offense did resemble being competently run when Jeff Tedford was gameplanning and up in the box guiding Smith. The other piece is we were able to out-athletic a lot of teams and make major plays which were little more than athletic-luck.

e.g.