Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"Unbiased" Peach Bowl Preview ...

Comments

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,099
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mad_Son said:

Secfans had it right. You just called for a repeat of the USC game plan.

You're not going not going to beat Humphrey short much. You might beat him deep. Jackson is the reverse.

We will never beat anyone with any talent by under throwing deep balls. It is not a realistic game plan to ask Jake to throw a lot of deep dimes. We will need to take a handful of deep shots but they will need to be done strategically when Ross really gets open after giving the Bama DBs a reason to creep in. We are going to have to play to our strengths - those are running up the middle and throwing short and intermediate passes. By doing those things and sticking to them we will open up opportunities for occasional trick plays and deep balls. We will be embarrassed like USC was if we do not focus on our strengths. Sure, we're not going to be gashing Bama up the middle for big yards. We will do better up the middle that running outside though and we can not abandon the run. We have to be ok getting 2 or 3 hard fought yards sometimes.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2016
    My grandma could put together a better analysis of the Peach Bowl and we all know she is dead.

Sad the AIDS didn't start from the bottom down.

• Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    Secfans said:

I'm back you fifthly animals and these responses are going to be many, so I apologize in advance. But this is fun so I'll keep doing it until y'all kick me out for being too verbose. :)

Tequilla said:

First, let's get the Budda Baker stuff out of the way. He's 5'10" and 192 pounds (http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/3127287/budda-baker) ... no question that to play at the next level, he probably needs to put on another 10-15 pounds (realistically the only reason for him to come to school is to put that weight on before going pro) ... We're pretty lucky here in Seattle to see an elite all-time safety in Earl Thomas ... Thomas is insanely reactive and quick with an instinct for the game that you just can't teach ... and that's exactly how Budda Baker is. Thomas is 5'10" and 202 pounds ... so not really that much of a difference to Budda when you think about it. Take a quick look at the NFL Combine scouting report for Earl Thomas - it sounds just like the description that you made on Budda (http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/Earl-Thomas?id=496745).

I disagree with the notion that he /must/ put on 15 lbs to play at the next level. I just think he's a corner at the next level. Lots of NFL scouts have said as much. The way he's utilized in your defensive scheme is not the way a safety would be in an NFL scheme. I think this is a pretty safe observation. I think he's a day one starting nickel corner at the next level. Also, Earl Thomas has been in the league for 7 years. And was playing a different role at Texas in 2009 than Budda is at UW in 2017. And he's the exception to the NFL safety rule.

You also have to remember who our show was aimed at - SEC folks who probably haven't seen UW play a ton. So we were maximizing this nuance in terms of how your secondary is situated to help them visualize how it's different from SEC secondaries. Not just in terms of size, but how they're utilized. It's not a slight. Different doesn't mean worse. As a matter of fact, I think we said they were the best secondary in the country.
    Tequilla said:

What I find the most confusing when listening to those who do not watch the University of Washington day in and day out is that they don't really understand how the defense is set up and designed to operate. By and large, what UW plays is essentially a hybrid 3-4 or 4-3 that actually can morph into a 2-2-2-5 formation (2 DL, 2 OLBs, 2 ILBs, 5 DBs) and what makes it unique is that the 2 OLBs don't always rush hard. The entire defense is designed to contain offenses and limit their ability to make big plays. The strength in the middle takes away the balance of the middle runs and the ends are designed to keep contain and force everything back into the middle. The idea being that if teams are being asked to have 10 or 15 plays to navigate the length of the field on the defense, there is bound to be a mistake whether it is a holding penalty, an incompletion, etc. With the strength of the defense in the secondary once the opposition gets behind the chains or scoreboard, the defense basically forces you to throw into the teeth of the defense which has then led into the turnovers.

I'm aware of the differences. We talked at length about how your secondary is so good that you can actually leverage a defense in the way that you do. Most secondaries absolutely could not survive with what you do formationally in your front 7. As I said previously though, I'm just not certain it will be as effective against Alabama's running game. That's not an SEC thing, that's just an Alabama thing. I'm not as high on your 3 DTs as everyone here is. And that's OK. I'm aware that's an opinion that will go over like a warm turd here. It's just one man's opinion.
    Tequilla said:

As it pertains to the game against Alabama, there are some legit concerns that I have ... but I think the basic generic argument that comes out of the SEC is that when non-SEC teams play SEC teams they clearly have no chance because nobody else has the combination of size, speed, strength, etc. that the SEC has. In essence, that's the crux of the argument on Budda right? He's not 6'3" and 225 pounds so therefore he's a nice little player but would never be able to be successful in the SEC. So let's look at the Washington DTs and see how they rate:

Elijah Qualls: He's a 6'1" and 320 pound (conservatively) redshirt junior ... he's stout at the point of attack and athletic enough to run in space as he'll play the BUCK position for us from time to time (UW's most strategic of pass rushing OLB positions). Currently he's rated as the #3 DT on Mel Kiper's draft listings and #7 on the rankings of CBS Sports (2nd round pick).

Greg Gaines: He's a 6'1" and 320 pound redshirt sophomore ... this is going to be a recurring theme here as he's very stout at the point of attack and while probably not as quick as Qualls, definitely stronger and gets off his blocks a little better creating plays in the backfield. Right now he's the #7 listed DT in the 2019 NFL Draft (NFL Draft Scout) and my guess is that he'll end up ranking higher than that in the end.

Vita Vea: He's a 6'4" and 330 pound redshirt sophomore ... of the 3 DTs, he's got the most upside of them all as while he's still raw, he's got all the elements you want out of an elite DT. He's the #2 listed DT in the 2019 NFL Draft (NFL Draft Scout) and CBS has him as the #4 rated DT in the 2017 NFL Draft.

To me, that's a DT rotation that any SEC school would be very happy to be rotating through.

Maybe. I'm not sure though. I was really unimpressed with their disruption, or lack of it, against USC. That was an OLine I came away less than impressed with, and they handled your tackles +1 rushing LB without much trouble. Part of this is an unfair projection of SEC scheme onto my expectation for UW's scheme. Like you said before, UW is playing more of a contain game, and leaning on their secondary for coverage and turnovers. But I feel like this is more due to limitations in personnel than it is by choice. This is an area I'm willing to admit is most likely to be proven wrong on Saturday. And I'll humbly return to eat shit for it.

I could have said everything and more in a few sentences. Protect browning and move him out pocket. MAKE BROWNING GET RID OF BALL FAST (he holds ball too long, doesnt make quick decisions-throws). throw on 1st down until run game finds identity. Force Hurts into turnovers by stopping run. Score on special teams.

Only took pup 30 seconds as opposed to the 4 hours it took you cuntslice
  • Options
    montyfranklynmontyfranklyn Member Posts: 119
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Here is a simple, quick analysis. This game, like all others, comes down to the trenches. If Washington can keep Anderson, Williams, Payne, Tomlinson and Allen from living in the backfield, Washington will be able to move the ball and better control the game. The same goes for Alabama. If they can own the trenches on offense, they can better move the ball and control the clock and dictate what Washington has to do defensively and offensively. Simple
  • Options
    H_D said:

Here is a simple, quick analysis. This game, like all others, comes down to the trenches. If Washington can keep Anderson, Williams, Payne, Tomlinson and Allen from living in the backfield, Washington will be able to move the ball and better control the game. The same goes for Alabama. If they can own the trenches on offense, they can better move the ball and control the clock and dictate what Washington has to do defensively and offensively. Simple

Totally agree!!! We? average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. MacGeary, Tray Adams, Center, Ossai, Bulyca. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!
    Man you're right! I bet we can really dominate the time of possession! Anything we can do to shorten the game and keep Alabama off the field will help us win the game.
  • Options
    Crimsonite1Crimsonite1 Member Posts: 98
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Jesus Christ, the mother fuckers posting on this thread actually think they know football and can't shut their fucking mouthes for listening to themselves talk. I've never seen so much bullshit in my life. Are you fuckers kin to Vince Lombardi? Do you really think anybody gives a shit about your couch potato in depth analysis? Do you think one fucking word of what you imagine is the way these two teams play, will make a fucking good god damn once the football hits the grass? ROTFLMMFAO at this horseshit!
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Jesus Christ, the mother fuckers posting on this thread actually think they know football and can't shut their fucking mouthes for listening to themselves talk. I've never seen so much bullshit in my life. Are you fuckers kin to Vince Lombardi? Do you really think anybody gives a shit about your couch potato in depth analysis? Do you think one fucking word of what you imagine is the way these two teams play, will make a fucking good god damn once the football hits the grass? ROTFLMMFAO at this horseshit!

I know your being sarcastic but the game will be played on Field Turf.

• Options
    AlCzervik said:

I know your being sarkastic but the game will be played on Field Turf.

Ftfy

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,132
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I recommend listening to Isaac Hayes while reading this long courtship thread.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    EwaDawg said:

MisterEm said:

You watched that shit, @Tequilla?

C'mon man!

I was lucky enough to find the Budda shit after about 15 seconds. Basically said Budda is toast (@ 186 pounds) because they have a 240 pound fullback.

Dude certainly never watched Budda, or MF Jones, or Jo Jo play.

But I digress. You are correct. My grandma could put together a better analysis of the Peach Bowl and we all know she is dead.

Don't know what that dipshit's excuse is.

She was hot while she lasted.
  • Options
    SecfansSecfans Member Posts: 44
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2016

I could have said everything and more in a few sentences. Protect browning and move him out pocket. MAKE BROWNING GET RID OF BALL FAST (he holds ball too long, doesnt make quick decisions-throws). throw on 1st down until run game finds identity. Force Hurts into turnovers by stopping run. Score on special teams.

You took a post I made that responded to 3 specific and unique points, made a couple of generic minor points largely unrelated to the content in question, and then did a victory lap celebrating your brevity.

Weird.

Also, "cuntslice?" Really? That's trying WAYYYYY too hard to look cool with one of those edgy old combo words like douche nozzle. You're whining about verbosity when "cunt" would have sufficed. You know, all the cool and totally non-trashy people use the word "cunt."
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Mad_Son said:

H_D said:

Totally agree!!! We? average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. MacGeary, Tray Adams, Center, Ossai, Bulyca. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!
    Man you're right! I bet we can really dominate the time of possession! Anything we can do to shorten the game and keep Alabama off the field will help us win the game.
    I hear a lot of chatter about Browning's, ahem, "inexperience" (LOL!!!!!). What they don't realize is that Browning had four FULL years of high school under his belt before he even arrived and will do everything to win this game.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Secfans said:

You took a post I made that responded to 3 specific and unique points, made a couple of generic minor points largely unrelated to the content in question, and then did a victory lap celebrating your brevity.

Weird.

Also, "cuntslice?" Really? That's trying WAYYYYY too hard to look cool with one of those edgy old combo words like douche nozzle. You're whining about verbosity when "cunt" would have sufficed. You know, all the cool and totally non-trashy people use the word "cunt."
    You need to PM @IrishDawg22. He's got this place dialed in and can help you understand some of the nuances like cuntslice.
  • Options
    SecfansSecfans Member Posts: 44
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

You need to PM @IrishDawg22. He's got this place dialed in and can help you understand some of the nuances like cuntslice.

It just illustrates a lack of creativity. I expected more from this place...
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Secfans said:

Just send the PM to @IrishDawg22
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Secfans said:

Why?
  • Options
    montyfranklynmontyfranklyn Member Posts: 119
    H_D said:

Our offensive line is pretty stout too. They are strong and quick. The true indicator will be the speed of Washington's defensive line. Being big is good, but you need the speed to go along with it