Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"Unbiased" Peach Bowl Preview ...

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
The comments regarding Budda Baker make my blood boil ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bex0390idag

Comments

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You watched that shit, @Tequilla?

C'mon man!
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,010
    edited December 2016
    MisterEm said:

You watched that shit, @Tequilla?

C'mon man!

I was lucky enough to find the Budda shit after about 15 seconds. Basically said Budda is toast (@ 186 pounds) because they have a 240 pound fullback.

Dude certainly never watched Budda, or MF Jones, or Jo Jo play.

But I digress. You are correct. My grandma could put together a better analysis of the Peach Bowl and we all know she is dead.

Don't know what that dipshit's excuse is.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I couldn't take more than 15 minutes of it
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,155
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    Secfans said:

So, SECFans.com is my website, and I'm the person shown in the video of debate.

I always say I'm willing to accept negative criticism when it's paired with actual debate. So let's have it...what did we say about Budda that was wrong?

Here's what we said:

1) They don't play 180lb safeties in the NFL (they don't). And that he projects as a CB in the NFL (he does). He might be playing around 190 now but he'd need to add ANOTHER 15 lbs for the NFL and I think it was a lot for him to get to where he is now.
    2) UW faces schemes in the PAC12 that often employ 4 or 5 wide sets, relegating Budda to a CB instead of a traditional safety role that we see in the SEC
    3) We said Alabama has 240lb RUNNING BACKS, and we do. Not fullbacks. That's a huge difference.

We were rather effusive with our praise of your secondary. Including saying it compared favorably with Florida's - one that has multiple 1st rounders in it. We said, however, that they were more designed to stop a high powered passing attack than a power run game. And they are. You don't see power run in the PAC 12 like it is present in the SEC. And generally the SEC doesn't run a lot of 4 wide with a traditional QB. That's not an insult, that's just scheme.

Allow me to illustrate my point:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH5Y5-BNpN0&feature=youtu.be&t=2834

This video shows a play from the PAC12 championship where Colorado has a motioned out WR. Budda FOLLOWS the motion receiver in man coverage presnap during his motion. That /never/ happens with traditional cover 2 high safety play. Nor does that happen in single safety where one is walked up for run support. Budda often, if not mostly, plays a nickel role because of his coverage capabilities and the types of formations Washington sees.

We've also predicted every UW game correctly this year. We had UW slated for the playoffs after week 4. And we were on the Browning for Heisman push in the same week, well before anyone else, especially on the east coast.

I can see from reading this board y'all don't pull any punches. Which is why I figured my introduction here need not be subtle. But if y'all are gonna whine about our stuff, at least bring some analysis to the table :)

TL; DR.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    Safeties really aren't that critical to stop the run. If we are tackling your RB with our safety frequently, we're already in trouble. Our strategy will be to load the box with our LBs and our DL ( which by the way is very talented ) and stop the run. Can your QB win the game with his arm? SC gave us trouble because 1) We played a bad game and 2) they were very balanced. Stopping the run was not enough. Might be against bama as I think your QB will make mistakes and try to run/scramble That's where the good secondary comes in and Budda's coverage skills. This is actually, all things considered, a pretty good matchup for us. We completely shut down Royce Freeman and Christian McCaffery. This is a hard-hitting defense.

Dawgs win 21-17
  • Options
    SecfansSecfans Member Posts: 44
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

Safeties really aren't that critical to stop the run. If we are tackling your RB with our safety frequently, we're already in trouble. Our strategy will be to load the box with our LBs and our DL ( which by the way is very talented ) and stop the run. Can your QB win the game with his arm? SC gave us trouble because 1) We played a bad game and 2) they were very balanced. Stopping the run was not enough. Might be against bama as I think your QB will make mistakes and try to run/scramble That's where the good secondary comes in and Budda's coverage skills. This is actually, all things considered, a pretty good matchup for us. We completely shut down Royce Freeman and Christian McCaffery. This is a hard-hitting defense.

Dawgs win 21-17

Eh, Freeman had 4.5 YPC against you, and the next week had 0.7 YPC against Cal, then 2.2 YPC against Arizona St. Christian McCaffery and Stanford play in a pretty horrendous offense this year (81st in scoring). They run it OK but they're nothing special.

Jalen has struggled all season throwing it consistently. But he won't have to win it with his arm. He'll have to minimize turnovers. He doesn't need some 300 yard passing game with 4 TDs for Alabama to win. Washington can win this game, but they'll need 35+ to do it.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We are soft against the run at times. I don't think we can stop their ground game.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,433
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Thankfully Saban hates his best 240 pound running back. #9 could win a Heisman someday
  • Options

Thankfully Saban hates his best 240 pound running back. #9 could win a Heisman someday

Actually I think Kiffin hates doing what works. He's obsessed with proving that he can win throwing it 25 times in the first half with a guy who is still learning how to read a defense.

But Bo Scarborough isn't Alabama's best back. Damien Harris is. 15.3 YPC against USC, 7.5 YPC on the season. He just doesn't get a lot of hype for some reason.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    You know why freeman struggled in the next 2 games? BECAUSE WE CRUSHED HIS SOUL. He got knocked out of the game with a brutal hit and took a few games to get back into form. He didn't do shit against us. I was in eugene and was drunk off my ass but could see it plain as day.

We will stop the run. yes, I understand that is a profound statement for you to comprehend but it's going to come down to QB play if you want to score points on offense.
    Secfans said:

Dawgs win 21-17

Eh, Freeman had 4.5 YPC against you, and the next week had 0.7 YPC against Cal, then 2.2 YPC against Arizona St. Christian McCaffery and Stanford play in a pretty horrendous offense this year (81st in scoring). They run it OK but they're nothing special.

Jalen has struggled all season throwing it consistently. But he won't have to win it with his arm. He'll have to minimize turnovers. He doesn't need some 300 yard passing game with 4 TDs for Alabama to win. Washington can win this game, but they'll need 35+ to do it.
  • Options
    Yeah no shit. Freeman got killed against UW and took weeks to recover from it. He didn't just turn into a shitty RB.
    That hit was enough to make him suck for a month? I don't think that's accurate. If so, I'm going to really start thinking the PAC 12 is soft. It's more likely that Oregon sucked this year. Like really really bad. And they finally started getting a little bit more continuity and identity under Herbert towards the end of the year - given that Washington was Herbert's first start.

Against the games following Washington he went 15 carries (CAL), 17 carries (ASU), 10 carries + 2 receptions (USC). Which is about average for him to that point in the season.

And if you think Alabama's running game is in any way comparable to Oregon's, you've not watched much football. It's completely different.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    It's hard to watch games and read roster weights.

#whathappensafterweareupby28doesntmatter

#buddais190

#alabamawinsbutatleastuseyourbrain
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    We will stop the run. yes, I understand that is a profound statement for you to comprehend but it's going to come down to QB play if you want to score points on offense.
    Actually, you allow 82% of opponent averages rushing the ball. Which is good, it's not elite. But outside of Stanford, who was down two linemen, the decent running teams you faced (Arizona, Utah, Oregon, Oregon St) all hit around their averages (or exceeded them).

Alabama will run for 200+ and exceed 5 YPC.

Again, the game isn't unwinnable for Washington, but you're arguing the wrong thing here. The match up against Alabama's run game isn't good for you. Your offensive skill players against basically anyone is.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Secfans said:

Yeah no shit. Freeman got killed against UW and took weeks to recover from it. He didn't just turn into a shitty RB.
    That hit was enough to make him suck for a month? I don't think that's accurate. If so, I'm going to really start thinking the PAC 12 is soft. It's more likely that Oregon sucked this year. Like really really bad. And they finally started getting a little bit more continuity and identity under Herbert towards the end of the year - given that Washington was Herbert's first start.

Against the games following Washington he went 15 carries (CAL), 17 carries (ASU), 10 carries + 2 receptions (USC). Which is about average for him to that point in the season.

And if you think Alabama's running game is in any way comparable to Oregon's, you've not watched much football. It's completely different.

Did I fucking stutter?