Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Foster Sarell to UW: Yes or No?

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Ruth watching Hardcore Husky , crystals balls to Stanford today
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm ready to strangle somebody over sarrell leaving the state. There have been far too many of these stories. I'd like to strangle fozzy.

But I am torn about Strausser. He is one hell of a coach, but he forces himself to coach average players because his recruiting abilities are so bad.

In the end I think Petersen has a great eye for coaches and I see how much he defends strausser. Gotta give Pete the benefit of the doubt with strausser. He's earned it.

But this kinda shit better end soon.
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Petersen is the closer and responsible for recruiting. Blaming the assistant who is turning these horrible recruits into pac 12 champions is retarded

You mean like John Turner? And Matt James? And Jesse Sossebee? And Shane Brostek?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (faggy winky face).

And like Coker said, Adams & McGary were both highly rated guys with plenty of offers... definitely not horrible recruits.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's not the coaches, it's the perception. We were SMU death sentence, no wins bad during the last decade.

All I saw was Oregon gear around town for as far as the eye could see, for as long as these kids have been playing Football.

Stanford lowered admission requirements and got lifted up by a really good hire in Harbaugh.

UW is on the brink of regaining its trendness and making the ESPN talking heads add us to the west coast conversation. Oregon and Stanford in the North have been replaced by the Dawgs. It's us and the SoCal schools until Petersen is gone.

Petersen has the potential to elevate the program to new heights. It's couldn't be more exciting.

Recruiting will take care of itself moving forward cause we have good leadership, coaches, stadium, facilities, and a ballin graphic design team.

This is the last year that we are settling for guys. The perception has changed and recruiting is following one year behind. Were on the Map and all the kids who are ballers are in the know. OKGs
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2017
    DawgFader said:

This is the last year that we are settling for guys. The perception has changed and recruiting is following one year behind. Were on the Map and all the kids who are ballers are in the know. OKGs

I like celebrating what may happen "next year" because it makes current bad news more tolerable. It's what I like to do.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DawgFader said:

It's not the coaches, it's the perception. We were SMU death sentence, no wins bad during the last decade.

All I saw was Oregon gear around town for as far as the eye could see, for as long as these kids have been playing Football.

Stanford lowered admission requirements and got lifted up by a really good hire in Harbaugh.

UW is on the brink of regaining its trendness and making the ESPN talking heads add us to the west coast conversation. Oregon and Stanford in the North have been replaced by the Dawgs. It's us and the SoCal schools until Petersen is gone.

Petersen has the potential to elevate the program to new heights. It's couldn't be more exciting.

Recruiting will take care of itself moving forward cause we have good leadership, coaches, stadium, facilities, and a ballin graphic design team.

Get outta here with the 0-12 bullshit.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The worst part is it's stanford.

If it's bama, I'd still hate it, but understand it.

That "fanbase" doesn't deserve the success they get, nor the top recruits that nobody even knows about until they are juniors.
    Screw that program, I hope we kick their and sarrell's asses.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited January 2017

Petersen is the closer and responsible for recruiting. Blaming the assistant who is turning these horrible recruits into pac 12 champions is retarded

remember when the people blaming cozzetto for shitty oline recruiting were mocked by this board? this is on petersen, something clearly isn't working.

Even if Sarrell was NEVER coming to UW, which I tend to believe, this is a pattern and needs to change in 2018
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    edited January 2017

Let the OL will be terrible forever meltdown ensue.

Let the CuntWaffle strawman defense ensue.
    Our o line being significantly improved is straw man?
    Implying that anyone is arguing our OL was terrible this year or will terrible in the future is a strawman you obtuse motherfucker.
  • Options

Strange that recruiting at OL and WR lagged behind all the other positions. We got a new WR coach and immediately landed three studs for 2017. Strange.

Now Strausser is a way better coach than Pease was but assuming we miss out on Jackson and Davis then Petersen needs to make some changes in how his staff recruits OL.

It goes without saying that Petersen is ultimately responsible but it is more useful to pinpoint your criticism to the specific part of the program that is potentially deficient.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Implying that anyone is arguing our OL was terrible this year or will terrible in the future is a strawman you obtuse motherfucker.
    I'll get mad at the O Line when it stops being good you perpendicular motherfucker.
  • Options

I'll get mad at the O Line when it stops being good you perpendicular motherfucker.
    Set your alarm for 2018 or 2019- whenever Adams and McGary leave.

At this point it is highly unlikely we will be able to replace them without a big dropoff. Even @GrandpaSankey can see that.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

At this point it is highly unlikely we will be able to replace them without a big dropoff. Even @GrandpaSankey can see that.
    Jeepers! Alarm set!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

So you've already written off all our RS-SO, RS-FR, and incoming guys as busts?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

We got shit ton of guards, in the pipeline but no many true tackles. Hilbers and burleson are the only ones i can think of
  • Options

We got shit ton of guards, in the pipeline but no many true tackles. Hilbers and burleson are the only ones i can think of
    Yes exactly.