Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fozzy to Stanford

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    AIRWOLF said:

@Tequilla

I pointed out that the recruiting rankings on the OLs UW has recruited since the transition class are in line with the rest of players Petersen and his staff have recruited. I have done it before in response to your diatribes. You never respond. Why is that?

Definitely not intentional that I'm not responding to you ...

2014 (1st class): Kaleb McGary (4-star, in-state), John Turner (2-star, CA), Jesse Sosebee (2-star, CA), Matt James (3-star, ID)

2015: Henry Roberts (4-star, in-state), Jared Hilbers (3-star, OR), Trey Adams (4-star, in-state)

2016: Luke Wattenberg (4-star, CA), Nick Harris (3-star, CA)

2017 (incomplete): Henry Bainivalu (4-star, in-state)

By all estimates, we're going to take 2 more in this class. Over a 4-year period, that's 12 OL that we've taken. That's dangerously low in my opinion. Of the 10 that we've recruited so far, 5 of the 10 have been 4 stars or better ... so in pure numbers that's definitely passable.

Here's where I have a problem though ... Turner, Sosebee, and James are all at best depth players at this point given that they couldn't beat out Brostek this year. Expecting any of them to be 2 year starters at this point is probably asking a lot. Roberts has been passed on the depth chart and appears buried ... good chance that he is a bust. Hilbers is still questionable at this point. Wattenberg will likely be good ... Harris playing this year is a testament to Turner, James, Sosebee, Roberts, and Hilbers IMO.

There's at least a reasonable chance Adams leaves after next year. That puts the numbers in a greater problem spot.

We've done ok with the in-state kids so far ... so that's a positive. I'm hopeful that the narrative that we'll eventually start being able to get some strong Cali talent like what we targeted in this class like AVT or Wavvy Davis in future years.

The narrative that was gone through earlier this year in terms of numbers is probably the dominant concern with the talent the secondary concern. They really go hand in hand. The numbers that we have makes it absolutely critical that we're developing our talent at a high rate. We can't afford to have busts like Roberts is appearing to be.

The reality is that this is the recruiting focus right now to be concerned about ... there's not another positional group that we can be critical of at this point outside of perhaps QB but we have Sirmon lined up for the 2018 class so that pretty much covers that for a bit.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    @RoadDawg55

You like to say that I don't have standards ...

But it is very rare when I actually undersell a team on their projections ... I almost always predict a team's performance based on some form of a stretch goal that is based off of what I think is realistic and then add a bit onto it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

For fucks sake...

That's not really beating a dead horse. He's only lightly tapping the horse.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I want to die.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

For fucks sake...

That's not really beating a dead horse. He's only lightly tapping the horse.
    Pretty sure thats a camel.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I didnt read anything past the 2nd page and just mass WTF disagreed with @Tequilla because that was easier than reading the fuckall wall of post after post but....

If we lose a game because WE? have a make a wish kid starting at LT the coaches should commit seppuku during the halftime show while the band plays some shitty version of Fat Bottom Girls

Recruiting makes it easier but last time I checked UW was ranked 4th in the nation in December without some BigBird Muppet fuckface on the team.

Win the games, NOGAF how or with what high school ranked players.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

She can have my nachos.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    One hell of a save. This must be one of those
    free months where we all get teased with Wigwam
    content. Happy holidays! Oh I forgot. Left boob
    bigger than right.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whuggy said:

She can have my nachos.
    Questionable hips, legs appear to have a lot length, left and right tits don't align, Gold digger

IDWHA

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2016
    oh shit, big if true:

edit: fuckin twitter link aint poastin the pic (yes, its http not https).